Author Topic: Crafting my brains out  (Read 1879 times)

Offline Beat

• Mighty
  • Knight
  • Renown: 71
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Crafting my brains out
« on: November 08, 2011, 10:53:44 pm »
Either I am very lucky or something is wrong with the crafting system.

Since sometime this morning I have been crafting the maximum number of items my skill allows per hour.  Although this might sound like a nice bug to some, it can be a serious problem if you are crafting something expensive with a high skill (making too many of the item and spending a LOT more gold than expected).

Was something changed?  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: Crafting my brains out
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 11:01:31 pm »
Either I am very lucky or something is wrong with the crafting system.

Since sometime this morning I have been crafting the maximum number of items my skill allows per hour.  Although this might sound like a nice bug to some, it can be a serious problem if you are crafting something expensive with a high skill (making too many of the item and spending a LOT more gold than expected).

Was something changed?  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, its a nice change.  NOw you can get your shit done and move on to crafting trade goods or actually trading

Offline Beat

• Mighty
  • Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 11:06:55 pm »
It would be nice to have our crafting be more predictable, but changing it without telling anyone can cause unintended consequences.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 11:09:09 pm »
+1
It would be nice to have our crafting be more predictable, but changing it without telling anyone can cause unintended consequences.

Guess you havent caught on that these devs couldnt document their code if their life depended on it

Offline Beat

• Mighty
  • Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 11:12:49 pm »
That is unfortunate.

I wonder how many people will check their Strat account later tonight and find out they are out of gold and have troops leaving them for lack of pay.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 12:02:09 am »
We definitely need a way to specify how many things I want to craft.  Not just "start crafting mail shirts" but "craft 50 mail shirts, then stop" (or better yer, "craft 50 mail shirts, then switch to goods").

You can sort of do it now by calculating how much money you need, then transferring the rest to a clanmate.  Of course then you still run the risk of losing troops or getting kicked out of town because you ran completely out of money.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 04:47:38 pm »
Guess you havent caught on that these devs couldnt document their code if their life depended on it

That's funny.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 05:02:01 pm »
That's funny.
I actually find it to be somewhat discouraging. It would be funnier if I didn't care for crpg anymore

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 10:21:51 am »
The current system ist really annoying as there's a lot or randomness involved. I was crafting some armor just to end with like 10 pieces after a whole day. The next morning I checked I had crafted 20 or more during one night and had no money left.

They should modify the percentage of a chance to craft to use a multiplier of crafting time instead. So instead of having a 70% chance to craft an item per hour, you definately craft an item in 60 min + x min. If you have a lower skill you need longer to craft something but you WILL at least craft something in a defined time.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 10:26:40 am by dodnet »
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 10:23:20 am »
I actually find it to be somewhat discouraging. It would be funnier if I didn't care for crpg anymore

I find it funny and I care for cRPG. Not for Strat though :)

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 06:55:13 am »
My issue is more that can not sell any stuff.
Ok, i could but it makes no sense to craft for others.
If i stay in the village,  produce one commodity per hour and sell it right away, then i earn around 11 to 12 gold.
So, even for my cheapest items i would have to charge at least 13 gold to make more profit, which makes cheap equipment not so cheap and expensive ones even more expensive.

Offline ordunin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 07:12:07 am »
Mala what you do is craft in a low prosperity village because the goods are cheaper and then make a run to a high prosperity town / village because they will pay more + you get Far away goods bonus. NEVER sell the goods you're making to the town you're making them in.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 08:40:50 am »
Ok, i could but it makes no sense to craft for others.

I can produce Mail Shirts for 83g.
From the vendor they cost 199g.

So if I charge, say, 150g, you save 49 gold each and I profit 67 gold each.  Win-win!  Since I can make 29 of them an hour, I could potentially make 1943 gold per hour.

Even the low end items can be good if you have high skill in them.  Even if your profit is 5 each, if you can produce 30 of them an hour, that would be 150 gold per hour profit.

So!  Who wants to buy some mail shirts?!
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 11:01:00 am »
Since I can make 29 of them an hour, I could potentially make 1943 gold per hour.

29 per hour? WTF! Are you a mobile factory?  :shock:
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 02:32:12 pm »
Mala what you do is craft in a low prosperity village because the goods are cheaper and then make a run to a high prosperity town / village because they will pay more + you get Far away goods bonus. NEVER sell the goods you're making to the town you're making them in.

The problem here is time, risks and a good trade area.
Most of the villages with low production costs are overcrowded which leads to lower crafting chances.
Then i need a good trade route, so i have to travel with the risks of badit ambushes.
At last there is the time thing. I have to watch for the right point of time, when i arrive in the village to sell my goods.
Ohh, and another problem. If i produce at a village with low cost, travel to one with high costs to sell my stuff here, then i would have to travel back to my origin without any trading items.

On the other hand, if i stay in a village with high production costs, then i can produce my stuff continuously without any risks and a guaranteed profit of 11 gold for each item.

I can produce Mail Shirts for 83g.
From the vendor they cost 199g.

So if I charge, say, 150g, you save 49 gold each and I profit 67 gold each.  Win-win!  Since I can make 29 of them an hour, I could potentially make 1943 gold per hour.

Even the low end items can be good if you have high skill in them.  Even if your profit is 5 each, if you can produce 30 of them an hour, that would be 150 gold per hour profit.

So!  Who wants to buy some mail shirts?!

I would not pay 150 gold for an armour that let survive me only one more hit, but you are right with the numbers, i have forgotten that you can produce multiple items per hour.