Author Topic: Crafting my brains out  (Read 1762 times)

Offline Beat

• Mighty
  • Knight
  • Renown: 71
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Crafting my brains out
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 02:15:18 am »
Mala, I wouldn't pay 150g for armour that let me survive only one more hit either, but there are those who will, so why not make money from it?

I do like the change to the crafting system to allow a guaranteed number of items equal to your crafting skill per hour but the lack of for warning, or at least documentation is a concern.

Has anyone else been wearing cheaper gear in cRPG purposefully? With the intention to farm the "All thine hard work payeth off..." message in order to craft large amounts of cheap gear in Strategus?  I have been wearing things like tribal warrior outfit, leather helms, leather gloves, and boar spear.  I'd never be able to afford a sizable army with much more than that anyway, if I want something else, I'll find someone who can craft it cheap.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 03:25:21 am »
Mala, I wouldn't pay 150g for armour that let me survive only one more hit either, but there are those who will, so why not make money from it?

I do like the change to the crafting system to allow a guaranteed number of items equal to your crafting skill per hour but the lack of for warning, or at least documentation is a concern.

Has anyone else been wearing cheaper gear in cRPG purposefully? With the intention to farm the "All thine hard work payeth off..." message in order to craft large amounts of cheap gear in Strategus?  I have been wearing things like tribal warrior outfit, leather helms, leather gloves, and boar spear.  I'd never be able to afford a sizable army with much more than that anyway, if I want something else, I'll find someone who can craft it cheap.

and you havent gotten into any major battles where defense has a healing tent to heal their troops either

Better armor will be more important when/if devs actually add armor looting to the game

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 05:18:46 am »
Yes, but medium armour makes not real difference. For this money i can equip two lighter armoured soldiers or a few more peasants.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 07:18:14 am »
Yes, but medium armour makes not real difference. For this money i can equip two lighter armoured soldiers or a few more peasants.
I dunno about that...  It's pretty helpful when your average opponent is trying to kill you with a wooden sword or a cudgel.

According to the calc... 21 str, 7 PS, 150 wpf...

Falcion, 30 damage cut vs blue tunic = 44-49 damage, 46.5 average
Versus mail shirt = 12-29 damage, 20.5 average

So if you had, say, 65 hp, you'd die in 2 falcion hits with your Blue Tunic consistently but it would take 3-6 hits to kill you with your Mail Shirt.  Add Mail Mittens and that takes the damage range down to 9-27, so it could take up to 8 hits.  Make it +3 mail shirt and +3 mail mittens and now you're really talking, and it's not THAT expensive.

I don't know that you'd want to equip a 1000 man army like that but it's very doable for the 50-100 troop roaming warbands.

Of course, that's no great help against arrows.

Did I mention I also make shields...  NH has Heavy Round, +3 Heavy Round and Plain Shield production capabilities!  (Also Huscarl, but that's crazy talk.)
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde