Author Topic: Blatant rage about 2h facehugging uber power  (Read 10336 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Blatant rage about 2h facehugging uber power
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2011, 07:45:20 pm »
When has 1h been buffed? I only remember a major nerf, the shield forcefield one.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2177
  • Infamy: 1191
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2011, 08:48:17 pm »
Not directly but long weapons nerf (early active attacks) is buff to short weapons aka one handed weapons.

Offline Kansuke

• Earl
  • Renown: 401
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Kansuke, LeRun
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2011, 09:13:29 pm »
+1
1h have allready been buffed enough just cus majority of 1handers sux, theres nothing wrong with the stab, if u actually hit the target...

There is no reason why stabbing with a pole or a 2h should be easier than with a 1h sword, so buff 1h stab or nerf 2h and pole stab.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2011, 09:54:22 pm »
+1
There is no reason why stabbing with a pole or a 2h should be easier than with a 1h sword, so buff 1h stab or nerf 2h and pole stab.
I'd like to come with a counter-argument to this: Spears. That's it. But all the other 2h and poles, yeah. You got my support.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2011, 10:03:52 pm »
1h stab is fine. Dont know what you guys are doing wrong but the only time I fail at making a successfull stab is when I screw up pretty much everything.

Offline WaltF4

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2011, 10:56:30 pm »
+1
Well, by default the 1h, 2h and pole share the same sweetspot bounds.

Could be split so 1h gets a less bitchy stab but that would need some work to get it done correctly. But cmp lazy and me too.

If they share the same sweetspot bounds, how is the one-handed thrust more or less bitchy than the other thrusts? Is it that correctly delaying the stab by spinning is more difficult when the leading end of the weapon collider starts farther from the attacker than many other animations and/or when the animation typically progresses more quickly due to higher weapon speeds?

Also, there was some serious rage about getting stabbed by two-handed thrusts at close range, and there is currently some serious rage about getting stabbed by pike thrusts at close range. Are people actually asking for more effective stabs by even faster weapon thrusts at close range? How is everyone's pattern recognition?

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2011, 11:38:16 pm »
+3
Well, a polearm thrust is actually "hiding" behind the body of the attacking agent before it reaches the "good" animation stage and so it prevents premature contact :). The 1h animation on the other hand usually makes contact too early if executed conventionally. The animation itself doesn't really fit with the bounds. "Turning the stab in" just means timing the contact so it happens during the "good" animation stage.

I do think 1h stab bounds should be seperated from polearm and 2h. The question is if cmp can be arsed.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2011, 11:52:32 pm »
+1
The question is if cmp can be arsed.

Awww, itsy witsy bitsy Paul thinks it is a question!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

He is so innocent and precious, can we keep him?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline WaltF4

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2011, 12:32:49 am »
Well, a polearm thrust is actually "hiding" behind the body of the attacking agent before it reaches the "good" animation stage and so it prevents premature contact :). The 1h animation on the other hand usually makes contact too early if executed conventionally. The animation itself doesn't really fit with the bounds. "Turning the stab in" just means timing the contact so it happens during the "good" animation stage.

I do think 1h stab bounds should be seperated from polearm and 2h. The question is if cmp can be arsed.

I do not think the distinction should be made by where the collider starts. The leading edge of the collider for many two-handed weapon thrusts, most (maybe all) one-handed polearm thrusts, and the longer two-handed polearm thrusts all start farther in front of the attacking agent than even the longest one-handed weapon thrusts do.

Offline kongxinga

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Farmers
« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2011, 01:23:36 am »
What I am blatantly rageposting about is that 1her (me) gets facehugged by 2her (him) and LOGICALLY I should have the advantage.  Instead the majority of my swings from the shorter weapon (1her) glance, while the longer weapon (2her) deals full damage to me without glancing.  This left me with 3 options:
Facehug:  He had advantage
Mid range him:  We were even, though his damage is higher per swing (along with weapon stun as you noted)
Long range:  Advatage to him obviously.

I don't know what it is, but even when I'm a 2her my first instinct against a 1her is to facehug the shit out of him to force glances while I hiltslash for full (and even deal damage to him with my backswings when we're circlestrafing at close range).  It just doesn't make sense to me.  I understand it's just how the game works, but allow me the chance to ragepost about the illogical nature of this situation (IE: 1her glances, 2her lightsabers at facehug range).

Again though, yes this is just a rage post as I have come to learn this facet of combat will probably never change.  :P  Just venting really.

Probably a symptom of plate armour being way too cheap. One never saw that much plate in native, but apparently for many in CRPG too many horses = not ok, while plate everywhere= all fine and dandy. In native where repurchases were frequent and plate to horse prices were logical (plate being more expensive than most horses) one never saw that much glancing. With plate everywhere the raw damage stats on 2 handers matter a lot more than the range malus to damage.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2011, 10:54:37 am »
Probably a symptom of plate armour being way too cheap. One never saw that much plate in native, but apparently for many in CRPG too many horses = not ok, while plate everywhere= all fine and dandy. In native where repurchases were frequent and plate to horse prices were logical (plate being more expensive than most horses) one never saw that much glancing. With plate everywhere the raw damage stats on 2 handers matter a lot more than the range malus to damage.

whats more expensive; Plate armor or a warhorse??

Offline kongxinga

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Farmers
« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2011, 08:43:45 pm »
+1
Plate being more expensive than most horses, such as the ones people use (coursers, sarranids, stable, desert, steppe). In fact, some large weapons like the greatsword were more expensive by themselves than most horses.  In crpg couple dozen k of gold gets you one nerfed lame animal while the same amount could outfit yourself in very effective armour. This armour previously let people pretty much ignore arrows till the bodkins fixed that.

The other solution will be balance closer to WFAS where one handers were very fast and 2 handers were slow but damaging.

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2011, 12:27:01 am »
In fact, some large weapons like the greatsword were more expensive by themselves than most horses.

http://www.luminarium.org/medlit/medprice.htm

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #103 on: November 13, 2011, 12:30:36 am »
no one would ride a pack horse to war, that would be stupid. They would flee once the fighting starts, because they were not trained to deal with such intense amounts of violence. Warhorses needed to be trained, by professionals, regardless of the breed or quality.

furthermore, CRPG is CRPG, cheap horses were necessary in native because they needed an immediate way to counter archery. In CRPG, you need to deal with it based on your build and your team's capabilities. Expensive horses prevent the retarded elephant mashing of Pre-january patch. Were you here for Gaga?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 12:33:16 am by Thucydides »

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #104 on: November 13, 2011, 05:08:28 pm »
The other solution will be balance closer to WFAS where one handers were very fast and 2 handers were slow but damaging.

Aren´t most 1hs fast and all long 2hs slow but damaging?