Author Topic: What am I doing wrong with the bow?  (Read 4303 times)

Offline Hoppelhase

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: What am I doing wrong with the bow?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 03:09:45 pm »
It is simply that too many people around the boss around have howled around.

I can help with my super nice 2 hands to rush forward and beat down everything, asking me these Nobbs Archers take no skill and can have breakfast with one hand and take with the other 30 kills.

Then howled CAV friends from the boss around ... Since you want a comfortable ride Rudne all down and then bang bang do not have a chance, which I take as the horse ...
Therefore, the cry now as beautiful on the OP thrower ^ ^

All they do not like about the joy of playing, got to go.

And as befits a boss, he follows ...

To be able to sell it, it is called class Supporter ^ ^ as if it was an RPG ...
and therefore we can not make any damage.

It is absolutely Laughable when you look at the siege servers almost naked 2 hands can do 3o + Kills, although they must attack. You may not care, they have to run 8 + and hence to make hard though to little ninja armor need ... 5 + connected ... until then're long dead himself ^ ^

yourself to blame, but he do headshots, if he can not see ... yes, no skill, the Archer.

You can rotate as you want, the 2 excuse is even harder, they call it: instead of gameplay balance realism. ^ ^

Again only an excuse for the two hands, my opinion.

Why made easy ... race you with a shield and 1 hand = rum call them up turtle ...
For 2 hands are there so I know nothing ^ ^ because that's Skilled ^ ^

On the subject of game balance so you can see that it succeeded perfectly ^ ^ is managed perfectly horses nearly all the plates to take from the game, because who is not now rides on the white horse over and nothing can ...

So we take the 105 + sword the white horse and waving around funny haste of whom fear? ...

Ohja Yes, there are the 3 bad habit here crossbow in the game ... But this is the Audibles also still betting that one?

In that sense .. who knows the boss and can cry is a great sales man ^ ^

I will always be a mystery why the 2 hands with 40 + damage and 5-8? PS everyone can rock away from all things one hit ... or my super turtle with my 38 heirloom sword, may make only 1-2 shots and Archer must be dead.

But a pitcher with 46 damage and 10 axes or more PT but can not tell me ... One Hitter? heul Cheffe to run putting thieving says he listens again.

This horse can run faster than arrows fly ^ ^

I myself have a Master Work Strong Bow and 2 Arrows better ... and only 6 PD ^ ^ with 21 Agi and it is not enough in 4-6 arrows to kill someone. That'll give you one ^ ^
But Reallismus is not asked, so great were the Bogis not, there were few who really could Khan, Cupid, etc. Posie was the only remaining ... but for open tanks without a shield it was enough, but who was now the loser ...

As the Italians who come to a shootout with a knife ... and who are now Itas, each representing, for sure ..

Soon we all run around with 2 hands or all sit on the white horse.

One is completely left out of account, the cost of everything .. 2 hands + 1 defense weapon? Arch = Archer + dears + 2 x arrows and melee weapon is considerably more expensive than talking .. and now we not wear expensive armor 2 hands ... laughable.

You're still cool to look like a hedgehog on it to show what tough guys ... and what you are for real men.

Thanks

Google translate ^^

Offline peon_for_hire

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 04:03:42 pm »
Its a matter of your power draw, which not only increases damage by 8% per level, but also penetration power with all armor so that your final damage after armor is increased even more then that 8%.  Try doing a build for khergit bow with 6 preferably 7 powerdraw and 6 weaponmaster all in archery.  If you need to retire before this is possible then heirloom your bow as well.  Also, be aware that with the shoot speed nerf from the latest patch update you will notice long range shots lose a lot of damage.  As the arrow travels farther to its target it loses damage from speed and the weaker your bow's shoot speed and the lower your power draw the faster this happens (another reason to boost power draw to increase damage by increasing shoot speed).

Before that most recent patch the khergit bow was the ideal bow for balance betwen draw speed, damage, and shoot speed.  Post the shoot speed nerf, strong bow is the best way to go (half the archers use it now,off topic - wish there were real advantages and disadvantages to each bow so the variety would return again, maybe make hunting bow 100 speed again or something).  The warbow now has the exact same shoot speed as the strong bow adn only +3 cut damage which doesnt compensate for the slower draw speed.  The longbow has its uses but in archer duels you will be dominated almost every time by the dramatically lower draw speed of every other bow, hella  dedicated xbowman can probably reload faster then you can draw.

Heirloom your strong bow, retire and go for more power draw and you will find yourself doing some serious damage.  A clanmate recently did 13 powerdraw with a longbow and was 1 shot killing a lot of people but his draw speed was almost twice as long as mine with an heirloomed strong bow.  But the reduced accuracy of the reticules was compensated by the straight as an arrow (pardon the pun) shots with all the shoot speed from longbow and 14 powerdraw.  The thing to do is play around with it and find what works for you in balancing accuracy, speed, and damage.  I am looking forward to trying 8 powerdraw with 6 weaponamster all in archery with an heirloomed strong bow but only 3 athletics as 14 converted points, should be good damage.  Also, if you retire multiple times, your 2nd heirloom of your bodkin arrows adds +2 pierce damage, whicha s being pierce can be significant, but your bow is better to heirloom first 3 times.(+1 shoot speed, +1 damage -1st heirloom, +1 shoot speed, +1 draw speed, +1 damage, +1 accuracy -2nd, 3rd heirlooms each).

However, if you want something easy, formless is right, go with throwing until chadz finally gets around to rebalancing throwing with everything else (same thing with polearm stun, but thats a whole nother thread).

Hope this helps.

Thank you, that was good read.  :)

Offline Shpongled

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • Totally shpongled, mate...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Shpongled, Merc_Shpongebob_Tightpantsh, Merc_Shpongtastic
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 04:23:22 am »
It is simply that too many people around the boss around have howled around.

I can help with my super nice 2 hands to rush forward and beat down everything, asking me these Nobbs Archers take no skill and can have breakfast with one hand and take with the other 30 kills.

Then howled CAV friends from the boss around ... Since you want a comfortable ride Rudne all down and then bang bang do not have a chance, which I take as the horse ...
Therefore, the cry now as beautiful on the OP thrower ^ ^

All they do not like about the joy of playing, got to go.

And as befits a boss, he follows ...

To be able to sell it, it is called class Supporter ^ ^ as if it was an RPG ...
and therefore we can not make any damage.

It is absolutely Laughable when you look at the siege servers almost naked 2 hands can do 3o + Kills, although they must attack. You may not care, they have to run 8 + and hence to make hard though to little ninja armor need ... 5 + connected ... until then're long dead himself ^ ^

yourself to blame, but he do headshots, if he can not see ... yes, no skill, the Archer.

You can rotate as you want, the 2 excuse is even harder, they call it: instead of gameplay balance realism. ^ ^

Again only an excuse for the two hands, my opinion.

Why made easy ... race you with a shield and 1 hand = rum call them up turtle ...
For 2 hands are there so I know nothing ^ ^ because that's Skilled ^ ^

On the subject of game balance so you can see that it succeeded perfectly ^ ^ is managed perfectly horses nearly all the plates to take from the game, because who is not now rides on the white horse over and nothing can ...

So we take the 105 + sword the white horse and waving around funny haste of whom fear? ...

Ohja Yes, there are the 3 bad habit here crossbow in the game ... But this is the Audibles also still betting that one?

In that sense .. who knows the boss and can cry is a great sales man ^ ^

I will always be a mystery why the 2 hands with 40 + damage and 5-8? PS everyone can rock away from all things one hit ... or my super turtle with my 38 heirloom sword, may make only 1-2 shots and Archer must be dead.

But a pitcher with 46 damage and 10 axes or more PT but can not tell me ... One Hitter? heul Cheffe to run putting thieving says he listens again.

This horse can run faster than arrows fly ^ ^

I myself have a Master Work Strong Bow and 2 Arrows better ... and only 6 PD ^ ^ with 21 Agi and it is not enough in 4-6 arrows to kill someone. That'll give you one ^ ^
But Reallismus is not asked, so great were the Bogis not, there were few who really could Khan, Cupid, etc. Posie was the only remaining ... but for open tanks without a shield it was enough, but who was now the loser ...

As the Italians who come to a shootout with a knife ... and who are now Itas, each representing, for sure ..

Soon we all run around with 2 hands or all sit on the white horse.

One is completely left out of account, the cost of everything .. 2 hands + 1 defense weapon? Arch = Archer + dears + 2 x arrows and melee weapon is considerably more expensive than talking .. and now we not wear expensive armor 2 hands ... laughable.

You're still cool to look like a hedgehog on it to show what tough guys ... and what you are for real men.

Thanks

Google translate ^^

Lol...... google translate ftw.

I literally didn't understand a single thing you said.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I gotta turn down my merc application as i was in a pub and would be of no use to you. Maybe it's good for you in the end, although i was motivated to see the first merc's defeat ever in strategus."
 --- Beauchamp

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 09:08:23 am »
I kind of like the state of archery atm (being a melee fo life myself). A few months ago cRPG was filled with archers and only the most tincanned people survived that arrow storm at start.

Offline Shogunate_Subotai_III

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • ☾☆
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_BD_Subotai
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 10:05:36 am »
Its hillarious how the Archer Haters argument over....

I was a HA before patch and many hated me.....to be honest there were 3 issues in archers:

- very fast shooting speed.....it must be nerfed
- on strategus even low lvls had pin point accuracy and in combination with poor armor (as ist was in 80% of the Strategus battles) Archery was a major pain in the ass
- As a lvl 41 Horse Archer i had pin point accuracy even with heavy armor (vaegir elite armor, vaegir elite mask, etc.) which was too much, the weight effected accuracy not that much as the damage

But now

- Dmg is totally gimped out
- Accuracy as Horse Archers has gone totally
- The Animation suckz hairy ballz

And why?

Because 70% of the Infantry wanted to wield 2h and walk a bloody path of hack and slay like Conan the Barbarian. Archers dont focused the Horses and searched for the next best Peasant to ROFL Kill them. There were 4-6 Good Horse Archers...the Rest was a bunch of totally gimps.

And then the whine:

Archers are Supporter:
i mean there were empires who conquered vast empire with support troops? GTFO

Lies:
Tincans who whined that they were 1 shooted by archers.....GTFO

Historical Issues:
Old fucking debate about "iam a knight in shiny armor!!! lol i cant be killed from wooden sticks", but running like usain bolt could swing 10 ibs weapons 1000 times like a industry robot.

Believe me Guys its all about opinion of the guys who doesnt play clever but we must face the consequences :-(

Sad but true
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2011, 01:51:24 am »
The damage is crap only if your PD is low - with 6 and especially 7 PD (I had that) it's not low at all. 14% per level does its job - when I did my archer for one gen (with a very strong bow) I loved it before the arrow damage boost. A low PD agimonkey with a khergit bow would take 10% of my HP in one hit ( I wore mail, 5 IF, 21 str etc), I'd take about 50% of his in one hit  :twisted:

But anyway, get powerdraw. Not having 18 str nowdays as an archer means you're more interested in running away then doing actual damage. 21 str is also perfectly feasible too. Having one more level of powerdraw then the bow requirement is really good to have. 6-7 powerstrike also means you can fight in melee quite damn well.

Basically, I had a similar K/D as an polearm+archer and as a polearm+crossbowman (a bit above 2:1 before I retired), they're both quite nice classes to play, nicer then eg. pure melee.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 01:56:56 am by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 08:37:08 pm »
Fucking son of a whore shooting that lion...

The lion deserved it.  All animals do.  We humans are number 1 on the food chain and should be able to kill any animal we want as long as there is enough of them, whether it be for food, or just to have fun when drinking with friends, or to take a trophy.  How anyone can find hunting to be more offensive than  the way that corporate farms treat their prison animals just astounds me.  Anyway, buff archers!

Offline Quirian

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Quirian_HRE
  • IRC nick: Quirian_HRE
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2011, 08:46:19 pm »
Well... there is no lack of chickens or cows or pigs, but lions get extinct because of such cool "I shot a lion, I has a big penis" idiots. Go shoot some deer or simply get another hobbie.

And, nerf throwing!!  :rolleyes:

Offline John

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2011, 10:37:50 pm »
Just to give an idea about how strong are bows actually, I must warn you some may find this disturbing because they are killing an innocent creature there. Hunting a lion with bow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaf_YR1GH5I&NR=1
one shot knocks a male lion down, he cant move after a single shot. so that means 1 shot can kill a man i think.

Where's the sport in walking up to a predator that doesn't fear you at all, and shooting it in the face?