Author Topic: So botting/semi-afk leeching is fine?  (Read 17076 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: So botting/semi-afk leeching is fine?
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2011, 11:15:13 pm »
Us Mercs are a shady bunch, and work in mysterious ways. Our admins are in ur game, unbanning our dudez.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2011, 11:19:28 pm »
you mean besides multiple people verifying it + an NA admin who said he kicked him 6 times for that?
No.

you know i don't get how anyone can actually defend him for pulling this crap.
i mean do mercs have any special place here besides the part where they have some cool people and a multitude of assholes in their clan?

Why do you take his word over like 5 others'?

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2011, 11:27:32 pm »
I don't think it's so much as "taking his word" over the fact that it shouldn't be a bannable offense anyhow. He is not delaying. He is not harassing. He is not naked leaching. He is running into the enemy team and dying. Want his help? Follow him if you're on his team. Use him as a meat shield and get a kill or two while enemies try to take the easy swipes at him.

Either way, because of how difficult it is to determine if someone sucks or is intentionally suiciding to the enemy, it should not be a bannable offense imo. I think THAT is why you're getting people who you think are defending him in this thread. I don't even know the guy.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Meow

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2011, 11:32:46 pm »
yeah but if he is just running forward not turning or swinging at all that is pretty obvious ;)

also it is leeching which is bannable...

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2011, 11:32:59 pm »
I don't think it's so much as "taking his word" over the fact that it shouldn't be a bannable offense anyhow. He is not delaying. He is not harassing. He is not naked leaching. He is running into the enemy team and dying. Want his help? Follow him if you're on his team. Use him as a meat shield and get a kill or two while enemies try to take the easy swipes at him.

Either way, because of how difficult it is to determine if someone sucks or is intentionally suiciding to the enemy, it should not be a bannable offense imo. I think THAT is why you're getting people who you think are defending him in this thread. I don't even know the guy.

How is it not a form of leeching? If he is not fighting (and it was said he wasn't, that he just ran into them and died peacefully), then he is leeching. At gen 16, he obviously doesn't need money, thus he is not leeching naked, thus making his leeching more subtle. Leeching it is though.

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2011, 11:37:26 pm »
You can reach lvl31 in one week? O_O
15-25 hour of playtime at gen 16
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 11:39:43 pm by ThePoopy »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2011, 11:39:08 pm »
Us Mercs are a shady bunch, and work in mysterious ways. Our admins are in ur game, unbanning our dudez.

cRPG Mafia!  :o
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2011, 11:40:27 pm »
cRPG Mafia!  :o

Don't make me kill you infront of your family...

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2011, 11:42:53 pm »
Don't make me kill you infront of your family...

I knew you guys are up for something like that. Hope I won't get assassinated for pointing this out, lol.
 :mrgreen:

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2011, 11:50:09 pm »
How is it not a form of leeching? If he is not fighting (and it was said he wasn't, that he just ran into them and died peacefully), then he is leeching. At gen 16, he obviously doesn't need money, thus he is not leeching naked, thus making his leeching more subtle. Leeching it is though.

I personally disagree with the "no leeching" rule to begin with. It is too vague and broad to be enforceable. Were I to agree with a "no leeching" rule, I could ban numerous people who I felt were playing beneath their capability. For instance, there are several very skilled NA players who often mess around, and don't play to their full potential(Allers, Dexxta, etc). Defining what is, and what is not leeching is the problem.

Is it leeching if someone spawns naked with a sword that they don't have WPF in, but tries to fight with it, earning a 1:2 K:D? How about if you KNOW that they have much better armor available, plenty of gold, and would go closer to 10:1 if they spawned with their normal gear and stopped messing around?

Now, if you considered the above leeching, then you have to consider the following: Are we really going to enforce specific playstyles in a game that was created for customization of your personal playstyle?

Seems like doing so would defeat the entire purpose of the game. I actually considered creating a character who was an ultra-hybrid who never spawned with a weapon. I was going to save money on weapons, and instead spawn with better armor every round, then loot a melee weapon and go to town.

To me, this sounds fun. But to someone else, they may see it as leeching, since I don't have a weapon at spawn. I may get killed several times before I successfully loot a weapon. It may appear as if I'm leeching/grinding, when in fact I'm just looking for a weapon.

Like I said before; It's a slippery slope. And enforcing vague, broad rules is something that I prefer to avoid as an admin.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2011, 11:52:57 pm »
lemme guess, by one of the mercs without an unban request...

He is not unbanned. Although thank you for going with this Merc-admin-abuse-conspiracy shit.
It really rocks when i go on, spend a lot of my personal time and effort, moderating and punishing rule-breakers without exception, hell, even punishing my clan-mates harsher than the rest, whilst being super-careful when they get griefed against (which happens a LOT), for which i do receive the occasional hate within the clan and still some tards go around throwing these baseless accusations.
*sigh*

Offline Meow

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2011, 11:53:53 pm »
in case it wasn't clear: he did not do anything but pressing forward one of the chat buttons.

i don't care if people start messing around or suicide charge while spamming rightswing or something.
as long as people PLAY i am fine.
if people do concealed leeching and hope to get killed before someone notices that is different for me...

@ptx: no prob. after the crap that happened before and after me having to push for a ban of your clan mate i will happily keep it up.

it's all to build up the whole mafia theory.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 11:56:59 pm by Meow »

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2011, 11:55:46 pm »
(click to show/hide)
I specifically stated "who is not fighting". I have nothing against messing around, playing poorly, doing stupid decisions etc. We all do them sometimes. The thing is, he was seen not fighting at all. If this is his playstyle, then he should probably move to another game, maybe Sims or something like that.

EDIT: Rephrased and stuff
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 11:58:28 pm by Nemeth »

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2011, 11:56:35 pm »
He is not unbanned. Although thank you for going with this Merc-admin-abuse-conspiracy shit.
It really rocks when i go on, spend a lot of my personal time and effort, moderating and punishing rule-breakers without exception, hell, even punishing my clan-mates harsher than the rest, whilst being super-careful when they get griefed against (which happens a LOT), for which i do receive the occasional hate within the clan and still some tards go around throwing these baseless accusations.
*sigh*

I feel your pain, my (presumably) European brother.

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2011, 11:57:24 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Ill define leecing it for you: "a person playing an online game who a) joins a team, group, or guild and goes AFK for undeterminded amounts of time to gain money or experience without putting any effort forth, b) leaves his/her workload for others to pick up, and/or c) begs and asks for free things and hand outs from other high level players."

(click to show/hide)

There you have it. Its not called leeching when you do fun stuff, like not playing to your full potential.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 11:59:31 pm by Babelfish »