Author Topic: i got scammed on market  (Read 6342 times)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Re: i got scammed on market
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2011, 12:37:09 pm »
Compassion and charity? In my crpg forum? Gtfo.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline marco1391

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Legio_Marco1691
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2011, 12:48:48 pm »
+2
while I saw this coming looking at ricky's post in the forum, he should get back his items as everyone else should, and it must also be considered that this wasn't a miswriting error by ricky that someone took advantage of looking at the market prices, but it was a proper scam 'engineered' by the scammer(even if the idea was pretty silly and with a low chance of success)

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2011, 01:01:39 pm »
Well sorry the Marketplace here works like the free market. Fools get fooled, hagglers haggle and the prices go up and down depending on the amount of goods in the market. If the market got flooded with looms their price would go down... if people decided not to sell anything just so they can grow their epeen by having even Loomed Stones also the price will change...
LOL perhaps like the freemarket in the country Anarchia... and only if people lost the abiltiy to kill other people who broke deals.
I am still thinking that people who got scammed should be allowed to tk their scammers without penalty but the scammer is not allowed to tk back.

If admins would make scamming against the rules and make an example of 1 month bans for the next people who try it that problem would have been
solved a long time ago.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 01:03:40 pm by Camaris »

Offline KaleLord

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
  • Nurd
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kale
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2011, 01:42:15 pm »
See this is the problem!

I am rather new to CRPG and I would NEVER FIND MYSELF IN HIS SHOES!

I believe that one learns from his mistakes. The harsher the ... lesson the better the learning. So he lost a +2 item so its a mistake he will most likely never make again!

I really do not understand what the Admins need to do about this! Return the items? Why? Because he got TRICKED?

Well sorry the Marketplace here works like the free market. Fools get fooled, hagglers haggle and the prices go up and down depending on the amount of goods in the market. If the market got flooded with looms their price would go down... if people decided not to sell anything just so they can grow their epeen by having even Loomed Stones also the price will change...

Why should the admin (read Goverment) step in and mess with the free market?

The OP should have simply said... NO! To this obvious bad deal! Or perhaps he should have asked for a collateral... for example he should have put for trade his +2 horse the 400k and asked for the +3 sword... if the person said no (although there is a massive collateral given) he obsiously was not to be trusted!

If you are scammed come here, post it to alert the community, post it in buy/sell forums but dont whine about being given back what you foolishly lost! Tough it out and try harder. If you have a clan and friends ask some support from them in being given other items to make up for it...

Sorry if this sounds harsh but unless you pay for your mistakes you dont learn.

I like you.
You're cool.  :D :D :D :D :D
Kale: One of the cutest, chubbiest, asianiest faces in c-RPG. Take a look when you get the chance, guys. I will miss this beautiful man.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2011, 01:44:35 pm »
...and once again this kind of bullshit happens.

I feel for you man, but mostly I just feel sad for the community, harboring this kind of people who seem to value some shiny heirlooms higher than their fellow players.

You know what?

I got some spare gold right now, and since this guy is probably never going to give you your stuff back, and you're a pretty new player, I'll help pitch in with 250 k.

Put up an offer and I'll accept when I see it.

Waddaguy.

+1

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2011, 02:33:40 pm »
+2
A huge amount of people trust strangers every day when buy sell loom points. I've done it twice with strangers and had the chance to walk away with a +2 item and  450k does it make me "stupid" not to have ripped off that those "suckers"?

opals got an extra 800k for 1.3 mil total cuz archer77 trusted him, but even if archer did the trade cautiously opals still could've walked away with the +1 sword worth 450k and it would have been just as wrong. opals is a liar and a thief and needs his charatcer wiped and banned. The admins need to step in and drop the hammer cuz if they don't the whole trade system is gonna fall apart once it's seen that the cops don't care.

Offline OldPeasant

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2011, 03:53:08 pm »
+3

Why should the admin (read Goverment) step in and mess with the free market?
Sorry if this sounds harsh but unless you pay for your mistakes you dont learn.

Words cannot express my disappointment that people still say shit like this...

Offline Veto

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • audio game enhancement
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: Tawp Shawt/King of Jam City/ Kadillac King
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2011, 04:10:55 pm »
lol

idiots

all of you

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2011, 04:16:39 pm »
+1
Last Athenian, who is Opal's in-game nick.  Kind of deserves to be known as someone not to trust in the future.  Also, wouldn't mind focus firing on him in-game.  Yeah it was a stupid scam, but it was still a scam and the people who do that shit to others, usually newer players, are the dickheads of the community that make it harder for this community to gain new players.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2011, 04:29:50 pm »
Is his stuff returned yet?

Losing...faith...in...community....draining.....

Offline Veto

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • audio game enhancement
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: Tawp Shawt/King of Jam City/ Kadillac King
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2011, 04:46:12 pm »

Losing...faith...in...community....draining.....

why moron?

the community didnt do shit, humanity has always been filled with idiots and people who take advantage of those idiots

get used to real life

Offline Penitent

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2011, 04:57:06 pm »
+4
why moron?

the community didnt do shit, humanity has always been filled with idiots and people who take advantage of those idiots

get used to real life

Oh thanks for calling me a moron instead of politely asking for the reasoning behind my position.  That is moderately rude!

When someone bumps a topic in the marketplace too many times, he get a warning, or a topic locked.  When someone TK's ONCE, he gets kicked, or sometimes even banned!  When someone puts a troll post in the forums, he become's "watched", and can be eventually muted.

But when someone preys on the innocent and naive, takes advantage of trust (no matter how foolishly placed), and renders someone's hours upon hours upon hours of game time...which is our life, which is very limited, poured into a silly game...but is still time we can never get back...when this effort is rendered to practical nothingness with one cheap trick, in a moment...nothing happens?  No justice?  No punishment?  No compensation?

I don't know how anyone can retain faith in such a community, unless they are equally a moron!  I am dis-heartened, but still retain hope that justice will be served, and all wrongs righted.

Until these kinds of multi-trades can be accommodated in the market web page, trades of good-faith should be enforced.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 05:12:54 pm by Garison »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 441
  • Infamy: 728
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2011, 05:01:45 pm »
NA scammers, once again...

Offline Penitent

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2011, 05:10:32 pm »
Ricky77, please follow up if you hear anything from devs/admins....whether they allow the trade to be reversed or say you're out of luck.

Or also on the small chance that the wrong-doer spontaneously realizes the worth of his immortal soul, repents, and decides to return your goods of his own volition.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 05:14:42 pm by Garison »

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2011, 05:12:19 pm »
while I saw this coming looking at ricky's post in the forum, he should get back his items as everyone else should, and it must also be considered that this wasn't a miswriting error by ricky that someone took advantage of looking at the market prices, but it was a proper scam 'engineered' by the scammer(even if the idea was pretty silly and with a low chance of success)

exatly

This was not a case when somebody put item on market with wrong price. This was planned and we dont want people like opal in community, so permaban for obvius scammers.