Author Topic: What weapon in crpg u hate most?  (Read 6893 times)

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: What weapon in crpg u hate most?
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2011, 08:43:43 pm »
any fast weapon. 15 str, rest agi, highest armour you can get and you can still spam the f*** outta most ppl with a bastard sword!
Also called building smart. {sarcasm on} Let's ban intelligent builds (and also kill diversity making things as boring and predictable as possible). Let's conveniently forget about the things that build sacrifices.

Offline SoA_Sir_ODHarry

• Baron
  • Renown: 134
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ODharry
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2011, 08:57:24 pm »
Xant:
Yes. I killed him in the battle server with my scimitar (without a shield while he was using a shield - must be hard to right click to block, rite?) 30 minutes before he made this thread. He whined in-game too. It's just a pretty lame defense mechanism. "It's not my fault that I died, it's the OP weapon!"

yes xant i hate spammitar just because u killed me there when i was half asleep
Crob: i'm in duel tryin to not be shit
Crob: now i'm running round eu2 with a dagger

JOIN The Horde NAO
       http://steamcommunity.com/groups/F-POC

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2011, 09:10:11 pm »
You must hate all sideswing-able melee weapons then.

Seriously? What's with the hate for hiltslashing?

Especially on the NA servers there seems to be a lot of QQ about that now.

It's easily countered, easy to see coming and with proper footwork/timing nothing more than an opportunity for you to get a free hit in.

Because getting hit, (for example), by the wooden shaft of a two-handed axe and hearing the slashing sound makes a lot of sense. Also getting slashed by the dull section of some two-handed swords is cool too.

I am not saying it is not easily countered or hard for me to see. It just looks ridiculous.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2011, 09:50:28 pm »
Because getting hit, (for example), by the wooden shaft of a two-handed axe and hearing the slashing sound makes a lot of sense. Also getting slashed by the dull section of some two-handed swords is cool too.

I am not saying it is not easily countered or hard for me to see. It just looks ridiculous.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/board,69.0.html

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2011, 09:55:48 pm »
+1
The hilt-slash is lame not just for realism reasons. 

First of all, there is a difference between a "realism vs balance discussion" and a game that plays like a circus.  Getting slashed by a wooden haft is ridiculous no matter how to look at it...regardless of realism or balance. 
It's like having horses bump you before they actually touch you.  "Boo-hoo..whine about it in realism!"  No, that shit would just be ridiculous.  Same with hilt-slashing.  You are getting hit when you shouldn't.  It's a circus.  It's absurd.

Second of all, in terms of balance, a long weapon should not be able to hit someone who is point-blank on top of you.  I don't care of its a lol-jump-spin-stab or a hilt-slash.  One of the disadvantages of longer weapons is that they bounce/glance if the enemy is too close.  That is also one of the advantages of short weapons. Hilt-slashing disturbs this balance.

So yes..this is annoying as hell and should be looked at.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 10:01:29 pm by Garison »

Offline Rage_Guy

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 123
  • cRPG Player
  • L to the ATVIA, bitch.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Latvian Potato Empire
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2011, 10:01:53 pm »
I hate kinngrimm's weapons,steel pick and awlpike - the OP combination

Offline CavalierX

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2011, 10:54:49 pm »
LONG Pole-Arms (Pikes Spear Etc.) that Stab/Pierce you at pointblank face-hugging range are hated.  That crap is crazy stupid.  Advantage of Range dictates a disadvantage at pointblank range- it makes no sense.  IF they 2 hand the weapon and there is room to swing it for blunt damage without hitting walls and trees and whatnot fine, but full damage piercing attacks inside the length of the weapon is just dumb. 

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2011, 11:10:44 pm »
Oh let's see, thats quite the list, I don't give a shit that the title says most, here is the huge ass whiny list of weapons I hate.

Scimitars, they have phantom reach, hit for full damage at the first 20 degree of their swing, making the leftswing at close range nearly unblockable. Also annoyingly fast.

Glaive, long hafted blade, this goes for all polearms, but I seem to find these two the worst. Ridiculously fast swings, probably slower chamber time, but they swing a lot faster than a 2h of comparable speed. Also after you block these, they bounce back in a way that greatly resembles the chambering of a new attack. The difference is subtle, causing me to fail to spot a lot of double attacks.

2 directional polearms, mostly awlpike. When stabspammed these weapons are insanely fast, much faster than you would think if you look at their speed rating. Also these stabs never glance.

2h stabs, they are active for way too long, causing them to do damage when already retracting. Same goes for overheads, but thats less used.

Lances

Arrows

Bolts

Small blunt damage weapons. It's so ridiculous to get knocked down like 1/3 times by a weapon with the size of a banana.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2011, 11:15:08 pm »
elite scimi.
pikes/longspears when they lolstab you point blank.
all 2handers that do the spinning stab/overhead that hits you even though they clearly missed by a mile so you decide to let go of block to hit them and then you magically die.

but if i had to pick one... i pick the elite scimi.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2011, 11:16:01 pm »
elite scimi.
pikes/longspears when they lolstab you point blank.
all 2handers that do the spinning stab/overhead that hits you even though they clearly missed by a mile so you decide to let go of block to hit them and then you magically die.

but if i had to pick one... i pick the elite scimi.

and you still won't accept the trade you dick
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2011, 11:18:09 pm »
i refuse to turn to the dark side. i will continue to use my short reach oversized knife.

Offline Toffey

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2011, 12:08:49 am »
Axes. The terrible people who use them force me to actually manual block!

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2011, 12:10:27 am »
The hilt-slash is lame not just for realism reasons. 

First of all, there is a difference between a "realism vs balance discussion" and a game that plays like a circus.  Getting slashed by a wooden haft is ridiculous no matter how to look at it...regardless of realism or balance. 
It's like having horses bump you before they actually touch you.  "Boo-hoo..whine about it in realism!"  No, that shit would just be ridiculous.  Same with hilt-slashing.  You are getting hit when you shouldn't.  It's a circus.  It's absurd.

Second of all, in terms of balance, a long weapon should not be able to hit someone who is point-blank on top of you.  I don't care of its a lol-jump-spin-stab or a hilt-slash.  One of the disadvantages of longer weapons is that they bounce/glance if the enemy is too close.  That is also one of the advantages of short weapons. Hilt-slashing disturbs this balance.

So yes..this is annoying as hell and should be looked at.

If long weapons were useless at close range... Well, give me one reason not to be a facehugging shielder. Block (correction: autoblock) one or two times and then my opponent is automatically fucked... FUN! Not.
"In terms of balance", cmon.

Regarding the "problem" of hitting close-range with wooden shafts... Use your brain.

If you want to hit someone with a shafted weapon short range you'll probably just change your grip, but the game is limited by the animations. Just as "blocking" Warband style is beyond retarded, but it's the best we have.

I at least don't want the game to be more bogged down into stale melee mechanics. Hiltslashing is something that breaks the pattern but that CAN be prevented by using proper counter-techniques. I see no reason not to keep it.

Same thing with point-blank stabs. The weapons who are long enough for it to seem unreasonable to hit with them are usually crap in 1v1 anyways. Also, with the new hitboxes, doing spin-stabs in groups is generally pretty stupid since the risk of hitting your teammates has dramatically increased.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2011, 01:37:32 am »
Scimitars, they have phantom reach, hit for full damage at the first 20 degree of their swing, making the leftswing at close range nearly unblockable. Also annoyingly fast.

Perfect explanation. ;)
It´s just a fucking lame weapon and should be not so fucking fast cause it has to many other advantages.
I fucking hate them. Hardest weapon to block.

Offline robert_namo

• Count
  • Renown: 170
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I don't understand.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis "of the Stars"
  • Game nicks: Robert_Namo_Astralis
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2011, 03:33:21 am »
The slowdachi, it's so slow that you can't time your block right. Oh and its ghost reach, don't get me started!