Author Topic: No clue what even happened...  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Lewp

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lewp
  • IRC nick: Lewp
No clue what even happened...
« on: October 31, 2011, 07:11:30 pm »
I was in a castle recruiting troops, had plenty of gold to pay upkeep and visiting fee...
Then I logged on this morning I was teleported down to desert and lost all my troops as if I had been attacked...
However, I still have all my gold.

Not exactly sure what happened because I was in a castle the whole time...

Also... No I don't really care about the troops and the fact I'm in the desert...
I'm just curious.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: No clue what even happened...
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 08:05:17 pm »
Last strat, if you hadn't logged in after a week, you were randomly teleported and moved. Maybe this still remains? I suggest to take that away. The whole trade thing makes it no longer viable to just sit and farm gold.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 09:45:05 pm »
+1
no thats exactly why it should stay, nothing is worse than having some inactive dude hogging the % in some village, let them be teleported alright, cus really some ppl just wanted to try and see how this new thing is and well just didn't bother after a while.

Offline Lewp

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lewp
  • IRC nick: Lewp
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 10:27:57 pm »
I went on to check everyday...
Or did you actually have to make adjustments?

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 11:08:12 pm »
no thats exactly why it should stay, nothing is worse than having some inactive dude hogging the % in some village, let them be teleported alright, cus really some ppl just wanted to try and see how this new thing is and well just didn't bother after a while.

How do you know that the number of people in a village affects the crafting percentages?

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 11:19:26 pm »
Not really. It doesn't happen before they try changing something/moving/transfering. So the full afk'ers will still stay there.

How do you know that the number of people in a village affects the crafting percentages?
First, it was common sense and what people saw happen. Later on, chadz made a post about it. Although it's not the CRAFTING percentages, if that's what you are talking about. It's the recruitment/crafting efficiency of the fief that goes down (so indirectly, the total crafting chance).
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 11:22:56 pm by Zapper »
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 12:16:14 am »
I went on to check everyday...
Or did you actually have to make adjustments?
hmmm... seems like an bug then.
First, it was common sense and what people saw happen. Later on, chadz made a post about it. Although it's not the CRAFTING percentages, if that's what you are talking about. It's the recruitment/crafting efficiency of the fief that goes down (so indirectly, the total crafting chance).
yesh, i meant that one and it still changes every time people go in or out, no matter what they are doing.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 02:03:52 am »
hmmm... seems like an bug then.yesh, i meant that one and it still changes every time people go in or out, no matter what they are doing.
No. That's what's changed. Someone asked about it, I said the ammount of people who craft brings down crafting chance/ amount of people recruiting brings down recruitment chance. Then chadz posted it was wrong and that just having ANYONE in a thread decreased the chances, but that he would now (as a buff) change it to only decrease the chance of what they are doing, not everything in general.

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 02:13:23 am »
didn't he say he would think about it?
that's not the same actually doing it.
and i don't see it in the upcoming update log.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 02:22:15 am »
didn't he say he would think about it?
that's not the same actually doing it.
and i don't see it in the upcoming update log.
hmm. You may be right.Don't remember if he said "I'' change it" or if he said "I might do it".

EDIT: You were right. This is what he said.
it was alwayas like that... i guess changing it to a per task basis makes more sense and is a small fitting buff.
Although my suspicion is that they changed it. Haven't tested it properly, though.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 02:50:19 am by Zapper »

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 11:24:56 am »
have observed it yesterday on a village, a dude doing nothing left and the % went a little up again.
we probably have to check it after the new update, i would like it to be implemented too, but i don't expect it.
oh well lets observe  :D

Offline TucKMuncK

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: TM
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 05:55:02 pm »
The same thing has happened to two of our members. ( one 2 weeks and another yesterday) I thought the first happened cause he didnt log in to strategus for 1 week, but he said he logged to strategus 2 days ago. He lost all hes troops (49)/goods but not gold, he got moved from Amashke to near Gisim. Now this same thing happened yesterday to another our member, but he only lost all hes troops (71) and got moved while he was near Ehlerdah to near Praven. In this case its sure he logged into strategus 1 day ago and the following morning when everything was okay. Now he came from job and wonders why hes at Praven.

Can we have some explain for this?
In memory of TucKMuncK_Wolper, member of River Pirates, ruler of Amashke