Author Topic: Cavalry nullified in Strat 3.0 - gold nerf went too extreme  (Read 9447 times)

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
Re: Cavalry nullified in Strat 3.0 - gold nerf went too extreme
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2011, 03:37:36 pm »
Lies. Obvious lies xD That you really don't know you used strange armour last round of strat is just hilarious xD

Well maybe when we were Shogunate. But not while we were Byzantium. I never saw any at least, though mind I did come in late strat.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2011, 04:26:34 pm »
+1
FCC had a full army in Full Plate, no jokes.

You do know how they got the full plate right and it had nothing to do with gold spent?

Well maybe when we were Shogunate. But not while we were Byzantium. I never saw any at least, though mind I did come in late strat.

Yeah no, we never had full plate when you were in Acre and were destroyed. We never had full plate when we fought Shogunate. We never had full plate when we fought Byzantium. We never had full plate at any point. Only Gaga really used plated chargers with regularity, Smoothrich and the rest of the cav preferred other mounts. In other words, you are dumb. You had equal gear to us in the last major siege of our war with Byzantium when we took whatever village that was. Stop trying to lie and embellish on what happened last strat.

Back on topic: Agree with Kesh completely, gold nerf was too extreme.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2011, 05:11:21 pm »
+1
FCC had a full army in Full Plate, no jokes.

That was during the equipment bug near the end just before he wiped all the gold and equipment.   It was a bug not a feature of Strat 2.0.  No one could afford more than 1-2 of the extremely high-end gear setups in 2.0. 

Almost everyone spent between 75K-150K per 100 troops and that would give you 10-15% of your forces being mounted (primarily rounceys with maybe a dozen destriers or wahorses) and lower end mails like yellow tunic over mail.  It would be solid, decent gear for a real battle, but no armies of tincans or plated chargers.  Battles were actually pretty balanced equipment-wise and archers/xbowmen less dominant because people could actually afford armor.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 05:15:08 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2011, 05:47:41 pm »
He did? Where? Kesh, do you mind sharing link or something???

This Strat has potential for more than 6 months for sure...

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,15457.210.html

Damn, that took a long time to find.  But there also was another post that didnt just say 6 months but actually 6-8 months, where the idea was we would have a separate NA and EU map the next go-around or at least a mirror map with more room for both.

Sorry for double post.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2011, 06:18:35 pm »
+1
Gold is that expensive because people are supposed to craft & trade weapons. If that's not working, it's a problem with the crafting, not with the item prices :P

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2011, 06:24:22 pm »
Gold is that expensive because people are supposed to craft & trade weapons. If that's not working, it's a problem with the crafting, not with the item prices :P

Even with discounts horses at 4x item price way too expensive under the new more limited gold income.  So, yes the item prices for horses is an issue.  Unless a new crafting system would allow us to choose 1 crafting item skill and we could have 1 guy have a 80% price reduction on rounceys (which almost no uses on battle servers, die too quick) it might become a viable class again.  But even that assumes an extreme scenario that primarily works for a large clan.  The better way to go is to cut the price on some of the lower end horses like rounceys and sumpters in half or create a horse in-between the two in quality that is cheaper than both.

Its just odd that an entire class has essentially been nullfied for strategus battles, im an archer who hates cavalry and I even feel bad for them.  They never get to fight with their class.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 06:33:46 pm by Keshian »

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2011, 06:28:27 pm »
+1
Ok, problem is with crafting, trading and gold earned in cRPG.

Everything is too low, it's almost impossible for a lone soldier to equip a decent army, how do you want to make caravan trading if you are not able to protect your goods? how do you want to make money if you're not able to make trading? Money earned in cRPG is too low to make the difference, If you don't have money you can't buy or craft gear to equip your soldiers and you can't buy more goods...
It's a snake biting its tail...

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2011, 06:58:13 pm »
You do know how they got the full plate right and it had nothing to do with gold spent?

Yeah no, we never had full plate when you were in Acre and were destroyed. We never had full plate when we fought Shogunate. We never had full plate when we fought Byzantium. We never had full plate at any point. Only Gaga really used plated chargers with regularity, Smoothrich and the rest of the cav preferred other mounts. In other words, you are dumb. You had equal gear to us in the last major siege of our war with Byzantium when we took whatever village that was. Stop trying to lie and embellish on what happened last strat.

Back on topic: Agree with Kesh completely, gold nerf was too extreme.

Hurrr duurr I left Acre before you even got near thinking about attacking them, I don't know who's filling you in on all this but you clearly are misinformed. Yeah I admit, I am lying totally, opps I lied again.  :lol:

I understand that you feel so passionate about this topic as to goon-around, as usual. But I am not opposed to have the upkeep lifted just alittle, but not totally reverted to the point where you guys can run around in fullplate and plated chargers.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 07:02:25 pm by The_Angle »

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline SPQR

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA
  • Game nicks: CSA_Gen_Robert_E_Leet
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2011, 07:53:04 pm »
+2

If item prices aren't going to be changed, then crafting needs a huge buff.

Prices were quadrupled, and an average smithing skill gives you a 50% discount. Which means the item is still twice as expensive as it was before, even if you craft it.
"It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow to fondle it." - Robert E Leet

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2011, 11:05:53 pm »
So you're essentially saying there's a problem with crafting. Might I suggest a far more transparent system of gaining smithing skills (even for people over level 30) so people can actually make decent progress. You might be surprised how much "it happens based on a variable" doesn't help anybody. Actually, even if you told us how to get smithing skills in the most efficient way possible, they're still ridiculously underpowered.

Maybe rather than smithing skill points accumulating, you should just set flags when you get the message. Whatever equipment you have is set to true, and any other equipment that was true but you don't have equipped is set to false. Then for those items you can smith, you get 15 chances of 15% per hour with a 75% discount to make up for the 400% increase in cost. Even if you get all your equipment from equipment crafters in this case, you're still making less money compared to last Strat due to the reduced rate of income and the loss of man hours (not to mention how much funding gets wasted in the 24 hour period waiting for battles to start compared to last Strat).

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2011, 11:19:49 pm »
I hate the randomness of the crafting skill. I ride my champ courser 24/7, yet it's one of my lowest crafting discounts. Even my Kazakh armour is above it which I've only been using for a few weeks. My steppe armour is also above it.

I think you should be able to select which item get's the bonus. Then people wouldn't end up with discounts on entirely useless things which only cost 2 gold to buy in the first place.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 11:21:42 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Panoply

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aristeia, Panoply, Pistachio
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2011, 12:22:27 am »
+2
I'm pretty sure that chadz text works in the following way... When you get ATHW:

+3 smithing skill to all items you've got equipped at the time.
-1 smithing skill to all items you don't have equipped. (I'm not sure if it's -1 exactly).

So this means that your smithing skill is biased toward items you've been using recently, not necessarily items that you've used a lot over your entire career. If you've been running infantry or another horse recently, then your champion courser smith skill will have taken a hit.

As an example, since the Deli Cap came out, I eschewed my normal equipment load-out for a joke one, with a deli cap and a dark cavalry robe. As a result, I now 9 smith skill in my joke loadout, but only 1 or 2 smith skill in the serious loadout I had been using consistently before. I'm now level 31 and I hadn't planned on retiring this generation as my build is only really complete at level 32. However, this now means that my crafting skills are complete bogus.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2011, 01:09:47 am »
I hate the randomness of the crafting skill. I ride my champ courser 24/7, yet it's one of my lowest crafting discounts. Even my Kazakh armour is above it which I've only been using for a few weeks. My steppe armour is also above it.

I think you should be able to select which item get's the bonus. Then people wouldn't end up with discounts on entirely useless things which only cost 2 gold to buy in the first place.
You think you have it bad? I've only gotten the message ONCE, without being over a long time lvl 31+.... back when I was pure polecav... when I was in eu3.... taking a screenshot.... of lol-gear.... FUCK ME!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Mannhammer

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Only War is Eternal
    • View Profile
    • Forty Thousand Years In The Future
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2011, 01:25:31 am »

Then please fix the crafting system. It's far to random. I've only gotten the message once on my main which is next to useless. Crafting should be skill based.

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2011, 04:58:05 am »
I think crafting is fine now, and trading is fine now, just not everyone used its full potential.
Everything also got a bit slower, get use to that.
when UIF looks at you