Author Topic: Cavalry nullified in Strat 3.0 - gold nerf went too extreme  (Read 8713 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: Cavalry nullified in Strat 3.0 - gold nerf went too extreme
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2011, 05:06:17 pm »
What weapons are you equipping your poor 500 soldiers with?!?! Sticks?!?

Peasant gear like everyone else - cudgels, tridents, falchions, and sparingly of practice longswords, scythes, and nomad sabres

Look at the price difference between these items and a rouncey + lance or even a 48% discount champion courser (which we can do but even more expensive than just buying a rouncey), let alone decent armor and shield so the rider doesn't die immediately with one of our few precious horses and give the horse to the enemy.  Or we can manufacture 10 discounted MW horn bows for the equivalent of 1 rouncey+lance.  Hmmmmm, which makes more sense??
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 05:09:29 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2011, 05:13:32 pm »
Peasant gear like everyone else - cudgels, tridents, falchions, and sparingly of practice longswords, scythes, and nomad sabres

Look at the price difference between these items and a rouncey + lance or even a 48% discount champion courser (which we can do but even more expensive than just buying a rouncey), let alone decent armor and shield so the rider doesn't die immediately with one of our few precious horses and give the horse to the enemy.  Or we can manufacture 10 discounted MW horn bows for the equivalent of 1 rouncey+lance.  Hmmmmm, which makes more sense??

depends how well you use the cav i suppose ;)
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Sharky

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Legione Italica
  • Game nicks: LEGIO_Sharkyborn_Sharkatron Legio_Lollia_Paolina Legio_Sharkatrower Legio_SharkaNukes
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2011, 03:54:50 am »
+1
Nah cav isn't just cost effective. Price of 10 destriers cav (the first horse that doesn't instantly dies under arrows spam) plus some shitty mail so the rider maybe survives one hit is 16000. Price of 100 peasants with scytes(good to stop cav) 2700. 10 hornbowmens is 3000.
Also if you want to have a cavalry force you'll be able to field much less troops, and have less mercs slots avaiable.

And surprise effect is almost nullified since you will play against 60 peoples respawning continuosly and all togheter in one teamspeak channel.
I think cav needs a serious buff otherwise you'll not see very often on the battlefield, wich is silly (last time i checked cav was quite important in medieval warfare)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 04:12:25 am by Sharky »

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2011, 04:34:09 am »
+2
Well, I think you'll see rounceys in every trade caravan, but besides them, yes, I agree cav will be quite rare now.

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2011, 05:15:25 am »
+1
In the past, cav acted as an ace in the hole of sorts. You used them for key charges, and to protect your spawns. Most didn't buy enough for the whole battle, but for those moments in a battle- so you'd hear 'okay guys, it's time to spawn cavalry' on vent.

At this point, it doesn't look like we'll afford that anytime soon. And when the larger factions do, the smaller ones won't have a chance, either- much like they didn't in the past.

I can't help but feel that it would be more effective to tell all my clan members to respec to archer and polearm. Nothing else seems quite as useful, now.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2011, 05:18:39 am »
Nah cav isn't just cost effective. Price of 10 destriers cav (the first horse that doesn't instantly dies under arrows spam)
Bzzzt.  Bear in mind that any archers at this point are using short bows and arrows, not long bows and bodkins.  You might be surprised how long a Rouncy lasts.  You can't use battle servers as a basis for information at this point.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2011, 05:40:28 am »
+2
Bzzzt.  Bear in mind that any archers at this point are using short bows and arrows, not long bows and bodkins.  You might be surprised how long a Rouncy lasts.  You can't use battle servers as a basis for information at this point.

I don't know about you, but we're using masterwork hornbows.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2011, 06:11:37 am »
+1
Got to know what to splurge on :)

thought I read somewhere that bows would be fast but not very accurate.. Seems to me like bows shoot just fine in the battles I have been in
Leader of BS

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2011, 11:58:32 am »
Last strat I remember seeing LLJK running around in full plate and plated chargers funny shit.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2011, 02:22:28 pm »
We are about a month in you realize right???? and the planned wipe and switchover to new maps and changed features is 6-8 months in (at least cahdz posted that)??

He did? Where? Kesh, do you mind sharing link or something???

This Strat has potential for more than 6 months for sure...

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2011, 02:30:29 pm »
+1
I don't know about you, but we're using masterwork hornbows.

Likewise.

Rouncey's don't stand much chance against those with some tartars.

Being an all cav clan, we are putting a lot of resources into getting the best cav equipment. But it is mighty expensive to do, even with all our discounts  :|
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 02:33:23 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2011, 02:34:29 pm »
+1
Last strat I remember seeing LLJK running around in full plate and plated chargers funny shit.

No. Only one person had a plated charger and there were only a couple. None of us ever had full plate. Saranid padded was our main gear except for some weeaboo armor your clan so happily donated to us. Keep exaggerating though.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Joseph

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • I am your worst french nightmare.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2011, 03:21:27 pm »
No. Only one person had a plated charger and there were only a couple. None of us ever had full plate. Saranid padded was our main gear except for some weeaboo armor your clan so happily donated to us. Keep exaggerating though.

FCC had a full army in Full Plate, no jokes.
"Dam those peasants bite hard"

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2011, 03:21:55 pm »
We didn't use any Weeaboo gear last strat. Also - the majority of your folk charging at us in full plate with a fine collection of plated chargers. You know when you came and took us up the rear:lol:

We had no gear to fight with and I managed to slay one of your cavalry men whom just luckily dropped their heavy lance to which I slade their horse and them. A cheer roared in teamspeak that day, I shall never forget. It brings a tear to my eye. An accolade worthy of an Ironcross!

« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 03:30:31 pm by The_Angle »

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2011, 03:36:10 pm »
We didn't use any Weeaboo gear last strat. Also - the majority of your folk charging at us in full plate with a fine collection of plated chargers. You know when you came and took us up the rear:lol:

We had no gear to fight with and I managed to slay one of your cavalry men whom just luckily dropped their heavy lance to which I slade their horse and them. A cheer roared in teamspeak that day, I shall never forget. It brings a tear to my eye. An accolade worthy of an Ironcross!

Lies. Obvious lies xD That you really don't know you used strange armour last round of strat is just hilarious xD
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia