Author Topic: Cavalry nullified in Strat 3.0 - gold nerf went too extreme  (Read 9452 times)

Offline Gimest

• Baron
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pantheon
  • Game nicks: Gimest_DeGyrst
  • IRC nick: Gimest
Re: Cavalry nullified in Strat 3.0 - gold nerf went too extreme
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 10:51:54 pm »
+1
Darn you peopple saying that month is long time, for a thing like strategus, month is just the beginning. How would u imagine the game and its economy system to ever last if everything would be aquired in a month?

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 11:07:28 pm »
Darn you peopple saying that month is long time, for a thing like strategus, month is just the beginning. How would u imagine the game and its economy system to ever last if everything would be aquired in a month?
I would assume it would work like last Strategus which was rather fun, and the economy was running with few complaints (the biggest being that castles didn't really have a strong economical use).

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2011, 11:25:05 pm »
+1
This long in last strat, FCC was having lots of fun in a war already. It might take us another 2 months to start a war having fun this time!

Offline Zaharist

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2011, 11:41:48 pm »
+1
I would assume it would work like last Strategus which was rather fun, and the economy was running with few complaints (the biggest being that castles didn't really have a strong economical use).
are you serious?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 11:42:53 pm by Zaharist »
Igni et ferro

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 12:42:38 am »
Cavalry has always been relatively weak in strategus, not offering great value for money and not worth using on mass.

With the slower income of gold and the increase in prices cavalry has become an even weaker link in a military chain.
Turtles

Offline SPQR

• Baron
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA
  • Game nicks: CSA_Gen_Robert_E_Leet
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2011, 01:36:40 am »
+2
Crossbow builds are pretty much gonna be obsolete too.
"It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow to fondle it." - Robert E Leet

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2011, 02:12:34 am »
+1
are you serious?
Damn, you got me.

Yeah, last Strat, we were too busy having boring battles that we couldn't make a single player work for an entire week merely to get the funds just to pay for the 24 hour upkeep prior to a village attack for an army of a valid enough size to win. And damn did it suck to have a well balanced mix of mediocre equipment when all this time we could have been focusing on which half decent item we were going to splurge on for this attack. Being able to give cav and xbow builds a ticket or two to use their builds during the beginning of Strat was probly one of the stupidest mistakes we made as well.

And don't get me started on how much everybody hated the economy. I saw people in plate armor so much that I actually had to use my second hand to start counting them all. The whining over the market was so non-stop that the exploiting was barely noticeable in comparison. FCC crap equipment bombing was drowned out by "Why can everybody afford to equip soldiers in mail? This sux!" The retreat abuse couldn't be heard over "The 600 man army that attacked my village had 30 horses; that's BS!"

Offline Flawless

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Cavalieres Co-Founder and Commander
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Flawless and Cavalieres_Undead
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2011, 02:14:04 am »
or cav is elite now

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 03:42:58 am »
+2

Considering it will be wiped and start over eventually, planing for some long term forever scenario is not good.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 03:47:41 am by Beans »

Offline Thax

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thax
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 06:09:14 am »
+1
If the game didnt have so many multiple accounters then chadz wouldnt have implemented such a shitty system.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 06:10:41 am by Thax »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 09:08:39 am »
+3
Completely agree. It's not just cav, everything is slower and more boring.

Offline buba

• Count
  • Renown: 193
  • Infamy: 33
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Buba_theVagabond
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 12:08:40 pm »
In our clan as you might expect, we have several people who can make horses with alot of discount.
But like someone said above rouncys are not among the top to craft.
but we can still make them for a decent amount of gold/time.

I do think its a tad to hard to make horses, but on the other hand for us its a great trading product.
And becouse of our cav only clan, will be one of the few who will be able to field a decent amount of horses in strat.
Making the differnces in clans visible by the items they can craft well is a feature that i really like about this version of strat.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2011, 12:33:18 pm »
Like Buba said, we have a fair few discounts on the top horses at a champion level. Still bloody expensive though even for rounceys. I'd say it was a bit to high. I can imagine most clans ect won't bother with horses now. Including buying them from us Buba  :P

I'd definitely say lower the cost a tad. It has to be still expensive, but not quite so cripplingly expensive.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2011, 05:02:16 pm »
Like Buba said, we have a fair few discounts on the top horses at a champion level. Still bloody expensive though even for rounceys. I'd say it was a bit to high. I can imagine most clans ect won't bother with horses now. Including buying them from us Buba  :P

I'd definitely say lower the cost a tad. It has to be still expensive, but not quite so cripplingly expensive.

yeah, we were looking at champion coursers ata discount and the amount of money to buy 5 horses for a 1000 man army is enough to provide weapons for 500 troops.  Its a bit ludicrous how extreme its become.  If they didnt want us using mid-tier gear, okay, but permanent peasant gear is boring because it encourages fewer battles as the upkeep alone for 1000 troops eats up the equivalent of armor and weapons for 250 troops just to get to where the battle needs to go with another 250 equivalent in the 24 hour wait.

It wasn't really unbalanced in strat 2.0 where we did need to conserve our horses, which were far and away almost all rounceys, as we could only afford so many of them with the armor, weapons for a cavalry rider.  Buying horses now is retarded as you cant afford the armor that would stop any enemy from just shooting the rider and stealing the horse - which means you just payed a shitload to give the enemy a horse.

Same goes for sieges where the equipment to build a catapult is the equivalent of arms and armor for 1000 TROOPS!!!  There wasnt any severe unbalance before, but now there are huge imbalances.  Don't really get whats going through the balancing team's head. Strategus so far has been incredibly boring (unless you are one of those guys who can play for hours a lame stock trading game).
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2011, 05:04:23 pm »
yeah, we were looking at champion coursers ata discount and the amount of money to buy 5 horses for a 1000 man army is enough to provide weapons for 500 troops.  Its a bit ludicrous how extreme its become.  If they didnt want us using mid-tier gear, okay, but permanent peasant gear is boring because it encourages fewer battles as the upkeep alone for 1000 troops eats up the equivalent of armor and weapons for 250 troops just to get to where the battle needs to go with another 250 equivalent in the 24 hour wait.

It wasn't really unbalanced in strat 2.0 where we did need to conserve our horses, which were far and away almost all rounceys, as we could only afford so many of them with the armor, weapons for a cavalry rider.  Buying horses now is retarded as you cant afford the armor that would stop any enemy from just shooting the rider and stealing the horse - which means you just payed a shitload to give the enemy a horse.

Same goes for sieges where the equipment to build a catapult is the equivalent of arms and armor for 1000 TROOPS!!!  There wasnt any severe unbalance before, but now there are huge imbalances.  Don't really get whats going through the balancing team's head. Strategus so far has been incredibly boring (unless you are one of those guys who can play for hours a lame stock trading game).

What weapons are you equipping your poor 500 soldiers with?!?! Sticks?!?
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html