Author Topic: Earlier attacks question  (Read 2084 times)

Offline Qilidj_Arslan

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
Re: Earlier attacks question
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 12:16:37 am »
For example, the other day I did a left block with a stick against an overhead and without correcting my balls up, the block changed instantly without my input to an up block and stopped the attack.

I am far from being a melee expert but this happened to me a couple of times (maybe 4 times) . I side block when the opponent does a overhead swing but it seems I still block at the very last second for reasons beyond my comprehension.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 12:29:27 am »
If you mean that attacks can damage earlier, then that's entirely your impression because nothing was changed there (apart from the armor soak/reduce values months ago).

Well that's entirely what I needed as answer, thank you  :)

Got to be some netcode-server side bullshit, I had this block saving thing too.

Dunno what's causing it really.

Strange things usually never happen until I care to dismount :mrgreen:

Like swinging out of range and hitting an enemy, dying 2 seconds late (actually that happens on horse too), failed blocks or magically succeeded blocks, attack animation garbling (only with slow weps), instant attacks, people going through each other (especially your enemies), small distance teleports... Note : I have a very stable 38 ms ping on the server.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2011, 01:06:51 am »
It is kind of frustrating when I chamber an attack just to find out it's actually a different one or re-blocking because it showed the wrong animation. My favorite is when you click to do a quick, regular swing and your character just decides it wants to hold the attack until a random moment in your frantic clicking attempt in gaining control of your toon.

I would just chalk that up to the game's engine though.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 01:08:50 am by SixThumbs »
And how!

Offline Gunnvid

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Gunnvid
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2011, 02:44:10 am »
I am far from being a melee expert but this happened to me a couple of times (maybe 4 times) . I side block when the opponent does a overhead swing but it seems I still block at the very last second for reasons beyond my comprehension.

It is kind of frustrating when I chamber an attack just to find out it's actually a different one or re-blocking because it showed the wrong animation. My favorite is when you click to do a quick, regular swing and your character just decides it wants to hold the attack until a random moment in your frantic clicking attempt in gaining control of your toon.

I would just chalk that up to the game's engine though.

These things happen atleast once a day.

Offline Renten

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2011, 03:35:22 pm »
I've noticed that if you start a swing or block while aiming diagnolly instead of vertical/horizontal sometimes you'll start with a side attack/block and halfway through the animation it turns into the end of an overhead. The funny thing is other people tend to only see the first part of the animation and wonder why their parry failed.