Author Topic: Death of horse should hurt the rider  (Read 2595 times)

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Death of horse should hurt the rider
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 07:03:40 am »
Either horsebump and rider falling should deal damage, or neither do. Currently, being run over could do a third of my health.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 10:24:51 am »
Either horsebump and rider falling should deal damage, or neither do. Currently, being run over could do a third of my health.

Although when you are bumped, 50% of the time you aren't knocked out on the ground, and even when it happens, it doesn't last half as long as a horseman stun on the ground when he loses his horse.

Changing this would just make downed riders die in one hit instead of two. If you aren't able to reach the downed rider and can't kill a level 25 footman, you need to play more and improve.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 10:26:07 am »
Barring bullshit (sliding into home plate, teleporting, ground collision), which does happen, if you can not kill a downed rider then maybe you should just run. You should certainly stop posting, because any cavalry that gets close enough to hit someone is usually in range to have their head taken off.

If you really hate cav that much, you are probably one of those stupid assholes who think horses dissappear after the first round, call the medic and get a derectocraniotomy.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 10:43:13 am »
Not really, I killed plenty of horses without the rider feeling any impact whatsoever. Regardless, if he comes in full gallop and I stab the horse to death with my pike he should die from the impact into the ground at least half the time.

first off, how do you know that the rider felt no impact whatsoever? I regularly take damage when my horse is killed. Not to mention you spend quite a while on the floor where people hack and stab at you.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 10:46:15 am »
+1
The death of a horse should seriously impact the health of the rider, especially if he is riding fast and heavily armoured. Im tired of piking down horses just to have a full health infantry-person spawn in front of me.

this is a completely new idea and hasnt ever been mentioned before.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Yxleif

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 04:46:21 pm »
+2
Bunch of whining horseloving forumwarriors in here, not like he wants horse speed to be halved or anything strange, falling damage is already in game and it´s plain weird cavalry who get thrown full speed face first into the dirt get away with a scratch at most every time.

There are other things that are just plain broken with cavalry, stealth hooves when approaching from behind and rubberbanding/clipping riders escaping justice when falling off are just two examples, but falling damage for horsemen should definitively be in the game.
And if its been brought up before then maybe, just maybe it is because the issue still persists and is as silly as ever.

Offline KaffeKalle

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: KaffeKalle, CheeseChester, CedricTheBald, DartLeif, Baglady
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2011, 04:48:11 pm »
Bunch of whining horseloving forumwarriors in here, not like he wants horse speed to be halved or anything strange, falling damage is already in game and it´s plain weird cavalry who get thrown full speed face first into the dirt get away with a scratch at most every time.

There are other things that are just plain broken with cavalry, stealth hooves when approaching from behind and rubberbanding/clipping riders escaping justice when falling off are just two examples, but falling damage for horsemen should definitively be in the game.
And if its been brought up before then maybe, just maybe it is because the issue still persists and is as silly as ever.

Hear, hear!

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2011, 04:53:54 pm »
Horse fall damage is already implemented, it's called "enemies get free hits for a moment or two". 
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2011, 05:00:31 pm »

dude, stealth hooves are necessary, since they nerfed the turning range on the lances, attacking from the front is a massive risk since most weapons outrange your lance now.
Not to mention that usually when i fall on the floor people get two to three free hits on me.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"

Offline ToxicKilla

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 8
  • For England, and Saint George!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Killmoar_the_Lone_Knight
  • IRC nick: ToxicKilla
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2011, 05:16:14 pm »
I cant find the link right now, but I saw a TV show on YouTube where the presenter was on horse back in full gothic plate armour. He threw himself off said horse, and got up pretty quickly and was perfectly fine.

Offline KaffeKalle

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2011, 05:18:01 pm »
Did his horse die and topple over him?

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2011, 05:30:13 pm »
So if you die falling from your horse, due to physics, you should also die wen a horse rides into you because of your ribcage buckling and skull splitting :)

Offline KaffeKalle

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2011, 05:36:16 pm »
At least falling off your horse should deal the same dmg as someone bumping you. At full speed that is a significant damage.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2011, 09:29:39 pm »
At least falling off your horse should deal the same dmg as someone bumping you. At full speed that is a significant damage.

if this is a realism argument, the difference is that in one a massive horse runs over you, in the other one you fall at high speed.
if its a balance argument, cav has been nurfed alot in the last few patches, practice your awareness and you will die less.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 09:30:49 pm by Wookimonsta »

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda