Author Topic: Murmurs of Discontent among 2h Fighters  (Read 6507 times)

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
Re: Murmurs of Discontent among 2h Fighters
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 11:19:01 am »
Yes happening a few times lately I'm 100% sure I blocked yet I get hit :(

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 12:25:07 pm »
It's the lag for sure. People don't seem to realize the huge difference from 30-40 ping to 60-80 ping, it's 100% more lag and then if the server is under heavy load, you have to add additional time for the server to respond once he received the request (responding to a ping is easy, calculating an action in crpg when the cpu is at 100% usage takes more time).
Yes we do and it's two or three hundredths of a second. What people are seeing is blocks being chambered well in advance and the attacker's weapon going straight through them. When you're not fast enough, you get sort of a half completed animation. It's not the same.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 12:49:50 pm »
Also, even if it looks like you/the enemy is blocking but they've released RMB the hit goes through. I've seen many a nub claim they blocked something even though they already released RMB.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vygar

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vygar_PxC, Divinicus_PxC, Tegashi_PxC
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 02:28:28 pm »
I've had quite a few frontal 2h/LOLarm attacks go right through my protecting steel shield.  I've also been struck before the shield was completely raised as well (steel shield takes a split second longer to raise due to wieght) and that intended behavior is easy to see so I do know the difference between my mistimed shield block and those bizzarre lightsaber-ish phantom hits that completely bypass my readied shield arm.. 

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 03:26:53 pm »
Also, even if it looks like you/the enemy is blocking but they've released RMB the hit goes through. I've seen many a nub claim they blocked something even though they already released RMB.
You're seriously suggesting that people like Gorath, Joxer and me don't know not to relase the button when blocking?

I suspect that shield users are affected too, but their initial reaction would have been to explain it away with the patch having reduced shield sizes. It's more immediately obvious to 2H and polearm fighters.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2011, 03:59:10 pm »

I still somewhat hold this accountable, atleast when it happens with me. But if alot of people are experiencing this, maybe its not just RMB thats at fault.

I've also noticed alot of hits going through player models without dealing damage alot more as well.

This, especially if one or both are jumping

Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV9eYu3ztE8&feature=player_detailpage#t=128s
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 04:09:03 pm by Babelfish »

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2011, 04:01:09 pm »
I've noticed it too. Same thing: Getting hit by a long hafted blade passing straight through my shield.

Also, I've been killed a few times when the 2h sword swung straigth through my enemies teammate without hitting him and then killing me when I thought I was well out of range.

Only explanation I can come up with is server side lag. My ping varies from 20 to 30 on all EU servers (sometimes just over 30 on the pecores servers).

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2011, 05:28:29 pm »
Oh god the trolls...

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2011, 05:53:06 pm »
You're seriously suggesting that people like Gorath, Joxer and me don't know not to relase the button when blocking?

That's exactly what I'm suggesting, bro.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2011, 06:21:32 pm »
Xant most people know of the early release mistake and recognize it when they do it, the lag is to blame when people do the correct block without releasing early but get hit anyway.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2011, 06:25:20 pm »

I suspect that shield users are affected too, but their initial reaction would have been to explain it away with the patch having reduced shield sizes. It's more immediately obvious to 2H and polearm fighters.

That's a very common mistake I do and I always acknowledge it. This hitbox problem however excists primaly when hitting stuff for me. I always check if the enemy or myself is lagging when that occurs and that is very rarely the case. I'm still suspecting that the server gets errors or something and lags just a little bit so the hitboxes are tiny bit off. Still in the process of gathering videos :D
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2011, 06:28:14 pm »
Yeah. And for those who can read (not Elmetiacos), I wasn't claiming that everyone in this thread is doing the mistake of letting the block go. Heck, I even said myself that I've experienced it recently.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Centurion

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2011, 06:28:46 pm »
Yeah I've seen it too. Yesterday on NA me and my LL buds did a 5 guy pike wall and we somehow stabbed  2 huscarls right through the shield and stun stabbed em to death

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2011, 06:42:19 pm »
This has always been a problem with the shorter weapons, it just seems more prolific throughout. I'll admit I've used certain weapons specifically because they seem to have a higher tendency to go through enemy blocks, too.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2011, 06:44:39 pm »
Yeah I've seen it too. Yesterday on NA me and my LL buds did a 5 guy pike wall and we somehow stabbed  2 huscarls right through the shield and stun stabbed em to death

Pikes are just bugged as hell. You can curve around and through walls with them, maybe that works on shields as well? Dunno, never use pikes.