Author Topic: Murmurs of Discontent among 2h Fighters  (Read 6504 times)

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
Murmurs of Discontent among 2h Fighters
« on: February 03, 2011, 09:06:10 pm »
I'm certainly not the only one to complain of noticing that attacks are going straight through what look like perfectly good blocks with polearms or two handed swords. People are wondering if there has been some messing with the hitboxes or the animations or whether there is now just too much server side lag. It's hard to fight properly if what you see on the screen isn't what the game engine is actually doing.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
Re: Murmurs of Discontent among 2h Fighters
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 09:17:14 pm »
It's not just 2hers, I've noticed it with polearms and 1hers as well (both with a shield and no shield)

I've also noticed alot of hits going through player models without dealing damage alot more as well.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 09:18:37 pm »
Yeah, never had this before the big patch, I guess something has changed.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 10:10:38 pm »
I'm certainly not the only one to complain of noticing that attacks are going straight through what look like perfectly good blocks with polearms or two handed swords. People are wondering if there has been some messing with the hitboxes or the animations or whether there is now just too much server side lag. It's hard to fight properly if what you see on the screen isn't what the game engine is actually doing.

Lolarms are the worst as far as hitting thru shield and manual blocks due to hitbox problems

Last night I traded a hi five with dextaa I think and my lolarm(long hafted blade) went right thru a perfect block and luckily didn't kill him

I hadn't noticed the pass block ability of lolarms before that but now that I have I read anit around forums and it seems to be an acknowledged bug(power?) Of polearms

I have never experienced similar effects with two or one hand weapons
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 10:13:24 pm »
I've noticed this as well. Only recently. All the EU servers have been lagging like shit for me though, so might be that.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 10:41:09 pm »
I have noticed it in this extreme way two days ago the first time on duel server. I had hits, that clearly missed the opponent, and I got hit, when I was absolutely sure I parried.

I dont think its only polearms, swords also once in a while hit my guy through the shield, but polearms might be even worse, dunno.

I first blamed my shitty internet, but the pure amount I had never before.

Well, 2h/ polearm spam had never been that effective, who needs to parry when he can spam and hit through blocks. =)

Its not in native. I played some native today and the animations were fine. Just finished playing crpg, and they were weird. =(
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 10:42:41 pm by Michael »

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 10:49:13 pm »
I've always dismissed these kind of rumours as lag or general whining, having never had any problems myself. But lately I've noticed this as wel. I think its probably something with the servers.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 10:52:46 pm »
Already reported as bug with pike hitboxes. I'm in the process of compilating video evidence atm. :)
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 11:05:12 pm »
Yep, can confirm it all. With long polearms it's very weird, I've sometimes slashed/stabbed at two people and hit the guy behind instead of the guy in front...

Offline Whalen207

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • If I see that fucking pickle one more time...
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: [Guard_Whalen207 [Guard_Whale_Tosser [Guard_Whale_Tank [Guard_Whale_ArrowSpam
  • IRC nick: Whalen
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 11:18:49 pm »
I've always dismissed these kind of rumours as lag or general whining, having never had any problems myself. But lately I've noticed this as wel. I think its probably something with the servers.

^
Arma 2, Mount and Blade, Garry's Mod and Coloholics Roleplayer, Coder, Mapmaker and Moderator.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 12:04:18 am »
Yep, can confirm it all. With long polearms it's very weird, I've sometimes slashed/stabbed at two people and hit the guy behind instead of the guy in front...
Yes - I've been hit through an ally and I've teamkilled someone who seemed to be on the other side of an enemy.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline Mattressi

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mattress, Mattressi, Mattressii, Matturtle, Matthrow, Mattbalist, Superion_The_Tainted, Mattrun
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 12:45:33 am »
I've noticed a few times where I've got a hit on someone who is clearly blocking my sword/polearm and sometimes the same has happened to me. I've noticed especially with my long hafted knobbed mace that if I turn reasonably fast with a swing, my weapon will often appear to 'bounce' off the opponents block, then quickly continue through the block anyway and hit them. This happens sometimes with my swords too, but less often. I've also noticed (though this may be an unrelated issue and could be due to the animations) that when I do an overhead with a 2H weapon (especially my Great Bardiche) and miss, I can do a kind of loloverhead and turn while the weapon is at the bottom of the swing (as in, the swing's currently finished and the weapon is near the ground) and still get a kill. Occasionally I've even outright missed with some of my stabs, but still hit the opponent.

I play on the Aus server with a ping of ~20. It could be a server side issue I guess, but it appears to run very smoothly (when it isn't crashing) for me.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 01:46:29 am »
No, overhead has always been buggy. Same with the stab, weapons just act like lightsabers.  :(

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 02:22:47 am »
It's not just 2hers, I've noticed it with polearms and 1hers as well (both with a shield and no shield)

I've also noticed alot of hits going through player models without dealing damage alot more as well.

Either that or my ability to block or gauge weapon range went from mediocre to non-existant  :oops:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 08:30:29 am »
It's the lag for sure. People don't seem to realize the huge difference from 30-40 ping to 60-80 ping, it's 100% more lag and then if the server is under heavy load, you have to add additional time for the server to respond once he received the request (responding to a ping is easy, calculating an action in crpg when the cpu is at 100% usage takes more time).