Author Topic: Strategus patch - changelog  (Read 11045 times)

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
Re: Strategus patch - changelog
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2011, 01:09:22 am »
Well maybe I'm wrong and its anywhere. But then what is the difference between a village/fief and a town?

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2011, 01:18:49 am »
totally dead, dead dead.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2011, 01:25:23 am »
Why can't I craft anything than wood carvings?

I know I received the message a few times :/

Or do you have to be in a certain village to craft certain things?
The most likely cause of your problem is that you don't have any smithing skill. How long have you been playing crpg? And have you ever seen the "All thine hard work payeth off" text before?

Edit: Just looked at your date registered. Unless you barely play your main at all, you should probly have smithing skill by now. My new most likely theory is that the dev team hates you specifically. There's also a vague possibility that you're poor and you need the production cost of an item before it even pops up in your crafting menu.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 01:27:57 am by Dehitay »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2011, 01:28:38 am »
The troop limit is removed for now - everyone is free to carry as many goods with as few troops as he wants. This is only a temporary solution, though, and I can't tell yet what will be added instead - either showing how many goods someone is carrying with him, or doing a speed penalty when you have fewer troops that goods.

Either way, for now, nothing of those is added.

Thanks chadz...that's great  :D I think now we can see a real incentive to get some trade networks set up within clans and it will be good to see the system tested. Will look forward to when you add a new system for managing the goods numbers.

The most likely cause of your problem is that you don't have any smithing skill. How long have you been playing crpg? And have you ever seen the "All thine hard work payeth off" text before?

Is it possible that the prosperity rating of the fief determines what goods you can craft? I know in the village I'm in the prosperity is +2 and I can craft tons of stuff. Maybe a lower prosperity means less crafting. I think that might be his issue as a random guess.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 01:31:45 am by Overdriven »

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2011, 01:34:15 am »

Edit: Just looked at your date registered. Unless you barely play your main at all, you should probly have smithing skill by now. My new most likely theory is that the dev team hates you specifically. There's also a vague possibility that you're poor and you need the production cost of an item before it even pops up in your crafting menu.

I just wanted to start complaining but it seems you figured it out by yourself that I might have gotten this message^^  And I know I got it a few times. Not as much as some other Guards, but still more than once :/

The thingy with my money and the prosperity thingy sound reasonable. But some of my stuff I usually wore is pretty cheap (pilgrim disguise and hood, leather gloves and rus shoes. longbow and bodkins might be a bit more expensive :/ )

I'll see what happens in the next days, maybe it pops up

Offline LLJK_Simonslays

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2011, 01:36:26 am »
The whole caravans and trading aspect might give some of the clanless guys a reason to take part in strat and a chance to earn infamy and gold as bandits. It might lead to guilds putting bounties on certain players, a bunch of these highwaymen using their gold to outfit a small army and taking over an isolated village or other stuff that might add a bit more depth to the game.

In the actual clan warfare stakes, it would make cutting off your enemies trade routes to starve them of cash a viable prospect.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2011, 01:55:36 am »
The troop limit is removed for now - everyone is free to carry as many goods with as few troops as he wants. This is only a temporary solution, though, and I can't tell yet what will be added instead - either showing how many goods someone is carrying with him, or doing a speed penalty when you have fewer troops that goods.

Either way, for now, nothing of those is added.

Just thinking more about these 2 ideas. Why not add both?

Allow people to see how many goods you carry if they are in your vicinity. In the stats. But also reducing movement related to goods per number of troops could see some pretty cool chases of merchants with the new movement when clicking attack/quick march function. I think both would balance it nicely as long as the goods per troop ratio was balanced well. Caravans definitely shouldn't be armies but they should also have a reason to be fairly well protected at times. Again...risk vs reward balanced with effort needed.

As Simon above says. Those 2 aspects could see some real potential for clans to find out each others trade routes and cut them off.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 01:57:41 am by Overdriven »

Offline Panoply

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aristeia, Panoply, Pistachio
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2011, 02:16:13 am »
+1
Great work! There desperately needs to be some mechanism to view the gold and goods (maybe equipment as well?) that another person is carrying. Whether this is free or not, or exact or not, is up in the air, but at least some way to ballpark estimate would be great.

EDIT: Also, the amount of stuff you're carrying should also slow you down. I say this because if you want there to be any sort of banditry, you have to have some way for a group with more troops to catch up with a group with less troops. Ambushes don't seem very practical. Some sort of raid option for attacking a larger group with a smaller group for profit might also help.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 02:18:39 am by Panoply »

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2011, 02:20:51 am »
Great work! There desperately needs to be some mechanism to view the gold and goods (maybe equipment as well?) that another person is carrying. Whether this is free or not, or exact or not, is up in the air, but at least some way to ballpark estimate would be great.

EDIT: Also, the amount of stuff you're carrying should also slow you down. I say this because if you want there to be any sort of banditry, you have to have some way for a group with more troops to catch up with a group with less troops. Ambushes don't seem very practical. Some sort of raid option for attacking a larger group with a smaller group for profit might also help.
Quickmarch should fix the "catching up" part. Only thing is that the small group being ambushed can quickmarch too, but that could be seen as "scouts located hostiles. Run like hell!"
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2011, 03:49:35 am »
Quickmarch should fix the "catching up" part. Only thing is that the small group being ambushed can quickmarch too, but that could be seen as "scouts located hostiles. Run like hell!"
Yeah, but it's not immediately obvious which players may be after you or which are quick marching, so things get dangerous. I mean it's not like bandits and pillagers are going to start their names like Bandits_Player or Pillagers_Guy. Now that would just be stupid.

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2011, 04:26:17 am »
+1
- Item price got multiplied by 4 (from /100 to /25)
seriously? it will already be hard to upkeep troops and gain gold, this is really not gonna work well.

plus i can only buy on trade good per hour, it says 77% efficiency for the fief and 100% for the Marble Sculptures , but i only got 1 item per hour O_O
 how should we be able to make money with this? or is just a little bug?

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2011, 04:31:20 am »
Do villages still have the same recruit rates as before? or has it been nerfed for villages?
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2011, 04:32:53 am »
Do villages still have the same recruit rates as before? or has it been nerfed for villages?
nerfed, castles are the new place for it.

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2011, 05:13:15 am »
nerfed, castles are the new place for it.

What are the rates for villages now, same as castles were in previous strat?
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2011, 05:55:15 am »
villages about 40%