Author Topic: Katanas  (Read 10754 times)

Offline Aldric

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Katanas
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2011, 01:42:59 am »
+13
That’s it. I’m sick of all this “Useless spamitana” bullshit that’s going on in the CRPG system right now. Katanas deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.
I should know what I’m talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine katana in Japan for 2,400,000 Yen (that’s about $20,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid steel with my katana.
Japanese smiths spend years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to mankind.
Katanas are thrice as sharp as European swords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a longsword can cut through, a katana can cut through better. I’m pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a knight wearing full plate with a simple vertical slash.
Ever wonder why medieval Europe never bothered conquering Japan? That’s right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Samurai and their katanas of destruction. Even in World War II, American soldiers targeted the men with the katanas first because their killing power was feared and respected.
So what am I saying? Katanas are simply the best sword that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the CRPG system. Here is the stat block I propose for Katanas:
No hand ( Katana fly in the air with the mind telekinesis ) 250 Damage, 250 speed,  crush-through, effective against shield ( cause if it's can cut solid platinum  it's can cut through shield ) as well as dick size +10 for the holder.
When it's goes masterwork, it's should become a jedi light saber and the holder get the use of the Force from both side. So he can create force space-hole against Cruisers and use force thunders on his foes.
Mind rape will force anyone to suck his +10 dick too.

Now that seems a lot more representative of the cutting power of Katanas in real life, don’t you think?
tl;dr = Katanas need to do more damage in CRPG, see my new stats suggestion

Ps : Sorry. Couldn't resist.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 01:45:11 am by Aldric »

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2011, 01:47:35 am »
Hi.

Its signed.

I can only approved,

POOPHAMMER
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Weren

• Duke
  • Renown: 588
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: irc://Weren
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2011, 01:59:37 am »
Oh wow.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 02:08:27 am by Weren »
Free speech is about to become terrorism.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2011, 02:03:26 am »
+1
Hi.

Its signed.

I can only approve,

My grandpa Bob told me once, when he was fighting on Guadalcanal , a japanese soldier came running towards him and when my grand pa Bob tried to fire at him, the jap cut off the end of his thompson with his sword!!!!!! luckily, his friend Bill saved his life

true story!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.... :rolleyes:

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2011, 02:03:32 am »
yeah buff katana.

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2011, 03:59:57 am »
Fools, thinking that suits would give them any armour rating.
 :mrgreen:

Also, Aldric made me lol, for first building the post up like a "katana-plonker", almost making me to edit my post to correct him.

Nice job.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 04:02:22 am by Christo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2011, 11:32:29 am »
I love this new forum :D

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2011, 11:37:48 am »
"Japanese smiths spend years working on a single katana and fold it up to amillion times to produce the finest blades known to mankind."
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2011, 11:56:55 am »
I’m pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a knight wearing full plate with a simple vertical slash.

This guy on another forum said it best :D (and yes it looks like you posted there too or copied it^^)

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/839748

begone weeaboo troll

PS Trolls work better when it at least looks serious ^^

« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 11:59:58 am by Osiris »
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Skysong

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Skysong
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2011, 12:13:12 pm »
+3
Katana Thrower (called Katunna in japan) was the greastest weapon of Naval battles. When mongols tried to invade japan,  most of their ships were destroyed by Katunnas. Those who made it to land were slashed by only single katana. And their head were put on Takanas. (Special pikes that were folded for 200 years)

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2011, 12:38:23 pm »
+2
PS Trolls work better when it at least looks serious ^^

Alright  :twisted:
The point is that no swords cut through plate. That's why europeans developed swords better suited for thrusting. The design of the katana is for cutting.

Quote from: Wikipedia
This design change is largely attributed to the use of plate armour as an effective defense, more or less nullifying the ability of a sword cut to break through the armour system. Instead of cutting, long swords were then used more to thrust against opponents in plate armour, requiring a more acute point and a more rigid blade.

Quote from: ARMA
The truth of the matter is that plate armour simply is not effectively cut with a sword's edge, in spite of what you will see portrayed in movies and at many Renn fairs. When it comes to armoured longsword combat, the thrust is paramount.

Quote from: ARMA
The katana, with its living tradition of practice, is well known for demonstrating its cutting power. Its single, hardened, wedge-like edge has long been shown to be capable of extraordinary sharpness. The longsword, which has not been practiced or studied for centuries, has not acquired a similar reputation. Indeed, its utility and cutting ability has suffered from considerable disregard by fencing historians and arms curators (despite historical accounts documenting its formidable edge blows having been corroborated by modern experiment). It is certain that both weapons successfully faced opponents wearing soft and hard armors without great difficulty. Nonetheless, a curved blade is mechanically superior to a straight one at delivering edge blows to produce injury. And due to its hardness, the single curving edge of the katana is very good at penetrating even hard materials with straight-on strikes.
He doesn't mean that it can cut through plate.

What ARMA is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_for_Renaissance_Martial_Arts

Sources:
http://www.thearma.org/essays/armoredlongsword.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longsword
http://www.thearma.org/essays/longsword-and-katana.html

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 12:46:56 pm by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2011, 01:08:39 pm »
Katana Thrower (called Katunna in japan) was the greastest weapon of Naval battles. When mongols tried to invade japan,  most of their ships were destroyed by Katunnas. Those who made it to land were slashed by only single katana. And their head were put on Takanas. (Special pikes that were folded for 200 years)

+1 Epic :D

Dont forget that every solder in the japanese army today owns a katana to defend against bullets.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2011, 06:13:51 pm »
yeah buff katana.

(click to show/hide)
Oh look - me pre-patch!
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2011, 11:28:43 pm »
this troll isnt even amusing
Turtles

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2011, 12:15:12 am »
That’s it. I’m sick of all this “Useless spamitana” bullshit that’s going on in the CRPG system right now. Katanas deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.
I should know what I’m talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine katana in Japan for 2,400,000 Yen (that’s about $20,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid steel with my katana.
Japanese smiths spend years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to mankind.
Katanas are thrice as sharp as European swords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a longsword can cut through, a katana can cut through better. I’m pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a knight wearing full plate with a simple vertical slash.
Ever wonder why medieval Europe never bothered conquering Japan? That’s right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Samurai and their katanas of destruction. Even in World War II, American soldiers targeted the men with the katanas first because their killing power was feared and respected.
So what am I saying? Katanas are simply the best sword that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the CRPG system. Here is the stat block I propose for Katanas:
No hand ( Katana fly in the air with the mind telekinesis ) 250 Damage, 250 speed,  crush-through, effective against shield ( cause if it's can cut solid platinum  it's can cut through shield ) as well as dick size +10 for the holder.
When it's goes masterwork, it's should become a jedi light saber and the holder get the use of the Force from both side. So he can create force space-hole against Cruisers and use force thunders on his foes.
Mind rape will force anyone to suck his +10 dick too.

Now that seems a lot more representative of the cutting power of Katanas in real life, don’t you think?
tl;dr = Katanas need to do more damage in CRPG, see my new stats suggestion

Ps : Sorry. Couldn't resist.
I love this new forum :D
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345