Author Topic: ATS -_-  (Read 5416 times)

Offline Altoids

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: ATS -_-
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 04:19:59 am »
I don't think the admins do a bad job, I just wished they issued warnings before kicks more often.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 04:53:29 am »
Heroin seems to be a pretty cool headed admin, and you seem to be a ragey fellow... sooo im siding with heroin on this one.

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 04:55:15 am »
I didn't get a warning before I was perm banned from EU2 today for accidental tk'ing before round end  :rolleyes: (only meant to wound, not to kill.):lol:

In my honest opinion I think NA admins do their best to keep everyone happy.... No suck up   8-)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 04:57:09 am by TheDashingRogue »

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 05:11:43 am »
I don't think the admins do a bad job, I just wished they issued warnings before kicks more often.

I always issue warnings first, unless I witness the offense with my own eyes, and it is a blatant disregard of the rules. If there is any question as to whether or not someone did something wrong at all, or if the offense isn't an obvious breach of the rules, I always politely inform them to straighten up first.

Just ask Doxy and Eyebeat. Doxy was out of line earlier today while no admin was on. I got on the server, told him to stop, and advised him that I would not be kicking him, but continued violations would result in a ban. For the record, Eyebeat didn't do anything wrong except troll the admin while he was trying to do his job, but I issued him a simple warning as well. No kick, no ban, just tellin it like it is.

@OP, P.S. I understand raging on a teammate who "accidentally" hits you several times. I'm sorry to say that I've been guilty of it on more than one occasion. But it IS against the rules, and even I've been kicked for it. What I didn't do is come back and rage at the admin when I did it. Was I frustrated? Certainly. But it's not the admin's fault. It was mine. I knew the rules.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 05:12:48 am by Heroin »
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Altoids

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 05:16:23 am »
Dunno about that...I've been kicked and had to reconnect to find out why. Not that it matters. A kick is only a kick.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 05:24:41 am »
Dunno about that...I've been kicked and had to reconnect to find out why. Not that it matters. A kick is only a kick.

By me? Other admins deal with things differently. Lorne routinely kicked people who violated the rules, and gave them their warning when they reconnected to the server. However, he isn't an admin as of the time of this posting. There are several admins on the ATS-maintained servers. I can't tell you all of them, aside from the ones who are members of clan ATS. The current ATS admins are: Heroin, Gash, Guardian, Guts, and Ecko.

I believe that the admins on that list try to be fair and unbiased in an effort to keep as much of the community as happy as possible. But remember, admins are people, too. If you push them far enough, they may get pissed off at you. And it's not a written rule, but I'd definitely advise anyone I considered a friend not to goad, troll, or verbally assault admins.

EDIT: And why are all my negative troll points disappearing?!?!?!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 05:26:39 am by Heroin »

Offline serpus

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2011, 05:33:06 am »
Is that the official list of ats admins or are there alts and shit too

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 05:44:03 am »
All admins are free to have alternate characters, and they retain their admin powers on those alternate characters. The people are the admins, it doesn't matter what name they use.

However, most of my names are either listed here, or have both the words "Heroin" and "_ATS" them, so it's pretty easy to identify me. I also have one not-so-secret name that I use, that I don't publicize.

There are also non-ATS members who have admin on our server, like Devilize, Braeden, CtrlAltDel33t, etc.(I don't know who all of the non-ATS admins are, so don't take this as gospel.)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 05:51:21 am by Heroin »

Offline Punked

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2011, 06:28:06 am »
Revenge teamkilling is against the rules. Then you cuss at an admin. The only problem I see is that Perceval should have been kicked too.

I would like to tell you, i did NOT tk. I hit him 3 times, after he hit me 2 times. he had armor. if u don't know the incident don't comment to my thread. thanks.

@Heroin_ats By the way Heroin i have a life. seems like you don't, since u just waited here for 1 hour to see if i would post. ~not the point but i like to hear ur side of the story before i post anything that supports my story, cuz all and all if u cant state the story with what "really" happen just shows me that your in the wrong for kicking without assessing the incident at hand.

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2011, 06:29:00 am »
i support admin's fact on kicking punk, he did blood for blood(i do to if its at spawn n i see the fucker, as you stated admins dont see all and he would get away with it), he raged fair enough, i am annoyed you call his story false yet refuse to say what happened? or how you didnt see everything other wise you woulda kicked the other guy first, so how would you know the full story if you didnt see the first half? id just like to know where in his first post he lied? please fix the story for me sense you know
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2011, 06:45:17 am »
Fair enough. I see that you have not learned anything as of yet, since you decide to further tell the admin he has no life while he's trying to give you the opportunity to get unbanned. For your information, I always keep the forums/crpg site open while I'm playing CRPG. So, what you see as me "Waiting" is really just me having the window open while I'm playing a game. But anyhow, on to do what you would not:

I saw him hit you once while fighting an enemy. After all nearby enemies were dead, you turned around and hit him 5 times, TKing him(couldn't believe it took so many hits to kill him - Corrazina ftw). I kicked you from the server, as what he did could easily have been an accident, while what you did obviously was not. It was a kick, no big deal. You could have come back, kept your mouth shut, and went on with life.

But, you didn't. You asked why I kicked you, I told you "He hit you once, and you went ape shit on him, hitting him 5 times." I advised you that revenge killing was against the rules anyhow, even if the other guy attacks you on purpose. I then stopped paying attention to chat, because I was playing the game. Then I see, "Fuck you ATS dude" or something like that. I asked "Are you talking to me?", as I was acting in my official capacity as an admin. At this point, I was giving you the opportunity to think about what you were saying. You responded, "Yes, fuck you dude." I then handed you your ban.

Don't troll admins who are doing their job. Accept the rules of the server, or don't play there. End of story.

Since you refused to post an accurate account of what happened, I think you should be banned for no less than a week. Unban approved as of 2-10-11, assuming you do not continue complaining on the forums about the consequences of your own mistakes.

I will consider mitigating this ban to a shorter time period if a public apology is given, along with a demonstration that the OP understands why he was wrong to act as he did.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2011, 06:56:47 am »
Oh jesus christ, I've seen enough of these threads now to know when someone deserved the punishment and when it's total bullshit. This is clearly a "I BROKE RULES AND GOT BANNED, WHY!?" situation. OP needs to suck it up, apologize, post in the right section and stop raging so bad.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Punked

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2011, 07:41:30 am »
I wasnt asking for an Un-Ban I was just trying to state the fact that u jumped the gun, Yes i know i shouldnt have cursed, nd yes i know i raged at the fact that i got kicked for him hitting me in the back a couple of times and me hitting back, but hey can u blame me for raging at the fact that u werent even talking to me heroin when i tried assessing the situation with you? you didnt even type at all, your buddy there was talking for you. I didnt want to hear from him, i wanted to hear from you, since you where the one that kicked me. By the time i get to speak with you, i was already raging at the fact that i wasnt talked to by you, but by someone else. And the only thing you said in your defence is, "Is that fuck off to me?" Honestly i said " YES FUCK YOU" out of anger. I just don't like being talk to by the wing man, you know? its just like stfu bro let me talk to who i wanted to talk to in the first place.

My Point to this whole matter was not to bash on the fact that the guy that was talking to me was acting like a douche, it was the fact that you didnt assess the problem before pulling the trigger.

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2011, 07:46:24 am »
Since this was not posted in the proper place this thread will not be considered as an unban request.

As for you're comments stating that heroin abused his power. From what i heard from multiple people besides heroin himself, you were being disrespectful which elevated yourself to a ban.

Normal bans last for 24 hours(depending on the problem) but it will now last until you settle down.

Good day.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2011, 07:49:38 am »
ecko check my thread some guy was trolling siege annoyed me cause for once no admin was on...
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics