Author Topic: i beg you make bodkins unusable on horseback  (Read 3974 times)

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
Re: i beg you make bodkins unusable on horseback
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2011, 11:31:55 pm »
Totally agree. HA's are already rare anyway. Also, when was the last time that any of you saw an HA who was a game changer?

I frankly don't understand all the people whining about this. HA's are terribly easy to avoid and they generally do LESS damage than foot archers. If you're a lone asshole without a shield running after an HA and not hiding behind cover you deserve to be shot. How about you guys use your brain for once instead of trying to nerf everything into oblivion.

So... i don't see how HA are so easy to avoid ? Bumpshot ? Closeheadshot ? Midbodyshot ? Who cares if he miss you 5 times, for every arrow that hits, it's enough.

Secondly, i'm a footarcher with 15/24 and do the EXACT amount of damage tha HA does, maybe less because i NEED a medium armor to survive his horse bump, so less effective wpf. (yeah, i'm rare, i didn't go easy mode rusbow 7 PD...)

Seriously, HA were fine before, and didn't need that pierce damage, they were perfect for hunting down HORSES, archers, and lightarmored foes with no shield. Now, they're perfect to hunt down, horses, archers, all sort of armored foes except shielders. But what ? A buff ? NOOOOO that is IMPOSSIBLE ! USE YOUR BRAIN !
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2011, 11:43:21 pm »
+1
Horse Archers are fine, they are not nearly as accurate as a foot archer with the same build if the horse is moving even a little bit. If the HA wants to be accurate he or she has to stop, making the HA easy prey to cavalry, archers, crossbowmen, throwers or infantry the HA missed. It has already been mentioned before in the topic but HA also have to deal with high upkeep.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 11:55:50 pm »
+1
So... i don't see how HA are so easy to avoid ? Bumpshot ? Closeheadshot ? Midbodyshot ? Who cares if he miss you 5 times, for every arrow that hits, it's enough.

Secondly, i'm a footarcher with 15/24 and do the EXACT amount of damage tha HA does, maybe less because i NEED a medium armor to survive his horse bump, so less effective wpf. (yeah, i'm rare, i didn't go easy mode rusbow 7 PD...)

Seriously, HA were fine before, and didn't need that pierce damage, they were perfect for hunting down HORSES, archers, and lightarmored foes with no shield. Now, they're perfect to hunt down, horses, archers, all sort of armored foes except shielders. But what ? A buff ? NOOOOO that is IMPOSSIBLE ! USE YOUR BRAIN !

You do know that HA's get their damage reduced, right? Being on a horse reduces your damage by 30-40%. I don't remember the exact number. You have to invest into HA to bring that damage back up.

Also, how are you getting bumped by horses left and right? If you see a horse coming they are TERRIBLY easy to avoid. PROTIP: Try moving left or right instead of standing still. Also, you know you can use cover, right? If you're hugging cover, you can't be horsebumped or shot.

If you are getting beat by HA's over and over again you are either terrible or you just happen to be running into HA's who are MUCH better shots than you are.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2011, 11:59:06 pm »
+1

If you do less damage than an HA, then they are either riding a courser and getting an epic speed bonus, but with a very lucky shot, or you are using the weakest bow in the game.

Lol less effective wpf still means you're more accurate than any HA when they are on horseback and definitely when they are on foot. HA's also have damage reduced due to the being on a horse thing. Only speed bonus makes up for that. But the faster you go, the less accurate you are. It's all tied in to each other.

Simply put, if you can't kill an HA when they are close to you, faster than they can kill you, then you deserve to die. I've seen plenty of good foot archers who can kill me every time when I try the tricks you mentioned. It's only the bad ones who don't know how to avoid those. Infantry have more of a problem than foot archers against HA due to HA just being able to circle them endlessly. But even then they can slowly work their way to team mates or cover of some sort.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 12:02:11 am by Overdriven »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2011, 12:59:31 am »
HA's are UP, Convert to HC :twisted:. ABility to hold your shots, with less agi investment(you only need 18 vs the 24 to be decent). Otherwise, it's the same.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2011, 06:33:24 am »
I agree with everything Shine has said so far...HA are not OP in any sense. They are extremely easy to dodge.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2011, 10:30:24 am »
HA's are fine from infantry perspective. Just look for teammates or alternatively a tree if you don't carry a shield.

why should they do less damage than a footarcher?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 10:38:25 am by The_Bloody_Nine »

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2011, 11:31:48 am »
because its totaly retarded and unballanced that is all , i dont think i need to go eny deeper into the details of how retadedley retarded it is

I guess this thread is up cuz of me, eh Rufio? How many times have i killed your horse with my HA? Guess you rage when i kill it :D

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2011, 12:41:39 pm »
I think it's the only time I support you in my life rufio^^

Either make bodkins unusuable on horseback or change it back that the bow defines the damage and not the arrows and make longbow only piercebow again! fuck on realism as you devs usually do and balance this game  :rolleyes:

Guys do we really need to discuss how "easy" it is to avoid horse and horsearchers, especially when it's about 2 or 3 horses coming from different sides?  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 12:47:36 pm by Gisbert_of_Thuringia »

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2011, 12:52:40 pm »

Guys do we really need to discuss how "easy" it is to avoid horse and horsearchers, especially when it's about 2 or 3 horses coming from different sides?  :rolleyes:

With 30 bodkin arrows against 1 inf. i might hit him 3 times as a HA, but that is if the tries to dodge them ofc.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2011, 01:07:08 pm »
With 30 bodkin arrows against 1 inf. i might hit him 3 times as a HA, but that is if the tries to dodge them ofc.

Well then you have to admit that you totally suck at horsearchery and that you should choose another class  :lol:

Most horsearchers can do that with alot less arrows. Especially those bumpshot retards

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2011, 01:23:26 pm »
+1

If 2-3 horses are attacking you, you kinda deserve to die. You should not be in that position in the first place. Furthermore, out of say 10 cav on a server, I bet most of the time only 1 of those is an HA. HA are not common at all. That is for a number of reasons.

Well then you have to admit that you totally suck at horsearchery and that you should choose another class  :lol:

Most horsearchers can do that with alot less arrows. Especially those bumpshot retards

Depends on sooo many factors. A smart infantry who is seperated 1vs1 with an HA can move around all over the place avoiding arrows unless they are a str char and in heavy heavy amour. Fact is it's easy as piss to avoid arrows, even when the HA is stationary. The HA will therefore waste a shit ton of arrows trying to hit you. And even if you do have heavy armour, all you have to do is move towards a tree or team mates. If you are that far away from cover that you can't do that, then you are an idiot.

1vs1 is not an HA's strong point. Darting around all over the map firing arrows into groups, enemy cavalry and already damaged infantry is an HA's strong point. Only the best HA will do well 1vs1 and not waste that many arrows unless the inf/archer or whatever is a complete retard.

Bump shots are a 1 time trick. Particularly useful to stop archers shooting and catching inf unaware. However, if you try and do it twice in a tight circle, the inf will know you're coming, and even if you hit them, circling round tightly reduces your speed so the bump does fuck all. If you circle at a wide angle to get the speed again, it gives the inf time to prepare, and an archer time to load.

Bumpshots are pretty much this. Charge in --> load --> bump whilst turning your view --> shoot --> move on to next target. Often because of the innacuracy of an HA the speed needed to bump means that hitting with a bumpshot is an odd mix of luck/skill. The times I do badly as an HA is when I get to focused on 1 target. The times I do well are when I bumpshoot/shoot at randomers and move on to the next target, never lingering to long. Partly why I always get my highest scores on open maps. More space to move around in and skip from target to target.

Needless to say, if you think the bodkin arrow damage thing is making HA OP, then you're doing something wrong.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 01:32:26 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2154
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2011, 01:43:39 pm »
HA isn't OP, neither is HC. Those two classes are just annoying, they don't have enough firepower to kill big numbers but they are distraction.

From my point of view (as a dedicated melee fighter) they are digusting but I guess they are neccesary for diversity blah blah blah...

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2011, 02:13:12 pm »
From my point of view (as a dedicated melee fighter) they are digusting but I guess they are neccesary for diversity blah blah blah...
lol

(click to show/hide)

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2011, 04:21:27 pm »