Poll

Is archery fine as it is ?

Yeah, everything is fine.
39 (23.1%)
No, something needs to be changed. There is too many archers using bodkins.
40 (23.7%)
No, something needs to be changed. All archers are OP.
13 (7.7%)
No, something needs to be changed. Archers hit like a truck. QQ
28 (16.6%)
Yeah, everything is fine but longbow needs some love.
32 (18.9%)
Ihatearchers.rage.qq.com
17 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 169

Author Topic: Plz Stop this pewpew madness without overnerfing it.  (Read 15961 times)

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: United democratic national whatever
  • Game nicks: elmokki_Krokotiili
  • IRC nick: Elmokki
Re: Plz Stop this pewpew madness without overnerfing it.
« Reply #105 on: November 22, 2011, 11:46:13 am »
+3
I find that the problem boils down to the fact that for ranged to be balanced it should be a support class, but what people want ranged to be is a Legolas. That's what any decent archer is now: chain fire of rather deadly arrows.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2011, 12:36:07 pm »
+4
A nice, easy and quick fix would be to un-nerf shields. Hiding behind your teammates shield could actually mean something again.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2011, 12:54:14 pm »
+3
A nice, easy and quick fix would be to un-nerf shields. Hiding behind your teammates shield could actually mean something again.
Fuck that! Hiding behind your OWN shield should mean something!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2011, 01:23:28 pm »
+2
Fuck that! Hiding behind your OWN shield should mean something!

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed with all of the changes that have happened to shields. You're better off without one.

1. They are easy to hit around.
2. They are easy to shoot around.
3. They slow your movement speed a lot.
4. You block slower than if you were manual blocking.
5. A friendly standing next to you with a shield can block your attacks due to the new collision detection.
6. They aren't a good counter to archers because you won't be able to catch the archer anyway, unless he is a complete idiot.

Not to mention how easy they are to break. Oh and before all the 2h start crying that they can't break them with one swing of their sword, a shield will go down in about 2-5 hits from an axe.

The only good time to use a shield is if you ride a horse, since a shield provides magical protection to multiple areas of your horse.

As they stand now, they are more of a liability than anything.

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2011, 01:59:50 pm »
+1
6. They aren't a good counter to archers because you won't be able to catch the archer anyway, unless he is a complete idiot.

This. It was very frustrating as a shielder that the thing that's supposedly a counter is only good for protecting yourself against a single archer. Catching archers? Impossible unless you surprise them. Surviving against more than one archer? Possible, but your best option is to run away while doing that since you can't do anything at all to them.

Not to mention how easy they are to break. Oh and before all the 2h start crying that they can't break them with one swing of their sword, a shield will go down in about 2-5 hits from an axe.

This is not a huge issue in my opinion. My elite cavalry shield - which isn't particularily though - rarely broke in normal fighting unless it was against axes. Against axes you will either need a quick kill or should just put your shield away and manual block.

Shields should really have more utility though. The only way I'm going back is if I get interested on some steel pick agility build enough.

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2011, 02:03:15 pm »
+1
Yup with the amount of archers i rerolled in 1h but even with the huscarl and 5 shield skill, i got shot multiple times in the foot when was not 100% facing the archer (i could not even correctly protect my teamates behind me while getting up ladders to get to archers on rooftop) so i said fuck that and went back to 2h... They need to fix shield coverage and remove ladders from battle.

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2011, 02:49:27 pm »
When i see some movies about medievel wars, i see a lot of ranged and a lot og shilders, and very rarely i see some epic 2h guys or with 2h poleaxe, so i think it is normal that 2h cry a lot, it is their choise, if you want dont die from ranged be shielder, all melee just want be death machines with extremly high dmg , never glance and with big size weapons, pro- good for melee, con- easy for ranged, i think it is normal. If you nerf ranged it woud be just 2h and poleaxers and maybe cav on servers, will be no point in shielder too if all ranged respec.
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2011, 03:31:07 pm »
When i see some movies about medievel wars, i see a lot of ranged and a lot og shilders, and very rarely i see some epic 2h guys or with 2h poleaxe, so i think it is normal that 2h cry a lot, it is their choise, if you want dont die from ranged be shielder, all melee just want be death machines with extremly high dmg , never glance and with big size weapons, pro- good for melee, con- easy for ranged, i think it is normal. If you nerf ranged it woud be just 2h and poleaxers and maybe cav on servers, will be no point in shielder too if all ranged respec.
Shield vs shield combat is incredibly dull (there is a reason you see few shields in the duel server). 1h is still very useful in melee combat - the shield allows you to move slightly into enemy lines, where you can hit enemies from the side. This forces them to turn to block you, which leaves them exposed to hits from your teammates.

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #113 on: November 22, 2011, 03:33:40 pm »
+1
Difference being here they have stupid ladders and perfect immunity from anyone besides OTHER RANGED, until the admin yells at them to get off the fucking roofs.
That's the real problem. Archery isn't OP, if you take less than 6 PD you have to choose your targets wisely and it's not even worth it to shoot at heavy armored 2h-str/if-stackers. Also you can't do shit till lvl 20 except being annoying.
The only problem is the roofcamping, which would be so easy to avoid just by removing ladders from battle...

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 22, 2011, 04:19:48 pm »
That's the real problem. Archery isn't OP, if you take less than 6 PD you have to choose your targets wisely and it's not even worth it to shoot at heavy armored 2h-str/if-stackers. Also you can't do shit till lvl 20 except being annoying.
The only problem is the roofcamping, which would be so easy to avoid just by removing ladders from battle...

This still doesn't solve all the problems. Steep hills and reachable but hard to reach places would still be nearly equally retarded.

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 22, 2011, 04:22:56 pm »
+1

If you want to talk about realism then there's no way current bows fit in. The amount of armor piercing with bodkins is huge even with the bows that don't have that much power. That said if you wanted total realism most of the swords in the game wouldn't hurt a tincan at all except maybe for stabs.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 04:25:34 pm by Elmokki »

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 22, 2011, 06:09:44 pm »
if you want dont die from ranged be shielder

only problem is even a shield doesnt protect you from an arrow shot that goes through your shield..

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #117 on: November 22, 2011, 06:37:56 pm »
arrows cant go 'thru' ur shield only crossbow bolts, and only they do sometimes if they hit ur arm.  Since they reduced the bubble affect quite a bit from before I think.. It just made the game a bit harder for shielders is all.
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #118 on: November 22, 2011, 09:39:27 pm »
m0d i5 d34d

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #119 on: November 22, 2011, 11:34:11 pm »
arrows cant go 'thru' ur shield only crossbow bolts, and only they do sometimes if they hit ur arm.  Since they reduced the bubble affect quite a bit from before I think.. It just made the game a bit harder for shielders is all.

I can shoot with xbow thru ur shield only if shielder has 5-6 or less shiled skill, i never can shoot thru steel shields or thru kingrims shield))
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.