Poll

Is archery fine as it is ?

Yeah, everything is fine.
39 (23.1%)
No, something needs to be changed. There is too many archers using bodkins.
40 (23.7%)
No, something needs to be changed. All archers are OP.
13 (7.7%)
No, something needs to be changed. Archers hit like a truck. QQ
28 (16.6%)
Yeah, everything is fine but longbow needs some love.
32 (18.9%)
Ihatearchers.rage.qq.com
17 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 169

Author Topic: Plz Stop this pewpew madness without overnerfing it.  (Read 15999 times)

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
Re: Plz Stop this pewpew madness without overnerfing it.
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2011, 05:32:37 pm »
Archery should be a support class, not some crazy killing machine like it is now. It's this month's flavor. There is just too many archers. Noobs are spec'ing archers cuz they can't melee but they can easily score kills by pewpewing and good players re-spec archers to buff their, already good, K/D ratio. Don't tell me archery is fine as it is  :shock: how can you not see it is too powerfull  :shock: :shock: :shock:

The usual blabla of a poor guy who hates to get shot  :rolleyes:

I have 2 melee chars and an archer and even I hate it to get shot by archers (which happens) but I can live with it!
Archery is in no way overpowered. THe only thing that needs to be changed is the fact that you can do pierce with every bow now :rolleyes:

And for god's sake stop this bullshit about "archery is only a supporting class" !!!!  That might be the way it should work in strat. But when I go on a normal battleserver to play alone with my archer, I want to get kills as everyone else playing this game. And there I am NO fucking supporter who shoots everyone so the melee guys can finish him and feel great afterwards because they have a  20-5 k/d !
I aim for a guy and I have to figure out how high I have to shoot, how far to the left or the right I have to shoot, if it is worth shooting him or not (cause an easy kill peasant is useless for example) and meanwhile I have to take care about cavalry or some wannabe ninjas coming from behind to stab me in my little 20body armour.
So now tell me why I shouldn't receive the good feeling of shooting someone and seeing how he falls to the ground with an arrow sticking out of his chest?

You could as well say that shielders are only a support class and their only purpose is to protect everyone else from incoming arrows  :rolleyes:

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2011, 05:51:49 pm »
good players re-spec archers to buff their, already good, K/D ratio. Don't tell me archery is fine as it is  :shock: how can you not see it is too powerfull  :shock: :shock: :shock:

I don't know exactly how much of a "good player" I am, but when I got melee I've enjoyed 2-3:1 KDs.
This gen as an archer (and I've done a lot of them) I have the kd of 1.4:1
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2011, 05:59:05 pm »
+1
Remove ladders from battle and stop the roofcamping, then ranged would be fine. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2011, 06:14:09 pm »
+1
Stupid poll, how about adding a boost archery option? Seriously, it's easy to hate archery if you haven't played it.

Get a shield instead!

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2011, 06:37:13 pm »
Stupid poll, how about adding a boost archery option? Seriously, it's easy to hate archery if you haven't played it.

Get a shield instead!

This "get a shield comment" is as good as the poll  :rolleyes:

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2011, 06:39:28 pm »
buff shield

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2011, 06:45:47 pm »
bring a shield l2p
No more close thread and all other threads related to this its pathetic kthx.

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2011, 09:07:09 pm »
bring a shield l2p

No more pathetic comments kthx. I played shielder and they fucked the hitboxes of the shield with the last patch. Using the huscarl and heavyboard shield some bolts or arrows hit me right trough the shield's model. It happened twice, my heavy board shield (biggest shield of the game), with 5 shield skill, was covering my face and i still got headshotted from a frontal shot. This happened with some side shots too, i got shot/slashed trough the huscarl shield model on my sides.

Removing ladders on battle Server would be good.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2011, 01:05:55 am »
No more pathetic comments kthx. I played shielder and they fucked the hitboxes of the shield with the last patch. Using the huscarl and heavyboard shield some bolts or arrows hit me right trough the shield's model. It happened twice, my heavy board shield (biggest shield of the game), with 5 shield skill, was covering my face and i still got headshotted from a frontal shot. This happened with some side shots too, i got shot/slashed trough the huscarl shield model on my sides.

As there are still alot of arrows just going through the chest or other parts of people it is quite fair that they also hit through shields sometimes isn't it?^^

And why does everyone complaing about shielders the whole time?
I have a shieldchar myself and I have no problems to block arrows or bolts or whatever. Maybe you should get more than 1 shieldskill?

Offline Remy

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remy_the_Fox
  • IRC nick: Remy
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2011, 07:24:12 pm »
+1
Several times in almost every round I have arrows magically go through someone without damage...with a ping of 24 mind you. ^^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Fox, Horse Archer, Tker of Chagan.

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2011, 07:25:44 pm »
+2
Buff l2p

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2011, 11:59:00 pm »
bring a shield l2p

I'm a hybrid thrower and polearm. If I can occasionally throw a throwing lance into a shielder's face while his shield is up, than you should be able to shoot them in the face, especially if you have an angle advantage. I also position myself at angles relative to them when they're distracted and throw stuff into their arms/back.

Yesterday, I found out that I could be one shot from arrows [excluding head shots]. In tribal warrior outfit, a body shot from tears killed me, and a body shot from some random person killed me [admittedly, I was pretty close to tears and he was on a hill]. The random person was pretty far away [and the oneshotting only happened twice].

For comparison, ignoring head hits [cause I'm not a helmet crutcher >.>], most melee weapons, including becs, poleaxes need to hit me twice in Gambeson.

Although, to be far, a different random archer did ~1% of my health at medium range in either tribal or Gambeson. I can't really comment anything else about archery, although in low armor they could do upwards of 50% of my life for most archers, and I think falling off of walls due to the lack of safety railings is a much bigger issue.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 12:00:16 am by Wraist »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2011, 12:01:01 am »
If it was yesterday, then 1X bodkins and 3X Rus Bow and 8PD is what I did. I remember one shotting a disturbing amount of people in that map... I need to remember to swap my normals for bodkins more often if playing on hills.

Normally though I use standards because I just like to pew pew and not kill anyone.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 12:02:29 am by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2011, 12:26:21 am »
I'm a hybrid thrower and polearm. If I can occasionally throw a throwing lance into a shielder's face while his shield is up, than you should be able to shoot them in the face, especially if you have an angle advantage. I also position myself at angles relative to them when they're distracted and throw stuff into their arms/back.

Yesterday, I found out that I could be one shot from arrows [excluding head shots]. In tribal warrior outfit, a body shot from tears killed me, and a body shot from some random person killed me [admittedly, I was pretty close to tears and he was on a hill]. The random person was pretty far away [and the oneshotting only happened twice].

For comparison, ignoring head hits [cause I'm not a helmet crutcher >.>], most melee weapons, including becs, poleaxes need to hit me twice in Gambeson.

Although, to be far, a different random archer did ~1% of my health at medium range in either tribal or Gambeson. I can't really comment anything else about archery, although in low armor they could do upwards of 50% of my life for most archers, and I think falling off of walls due to the lack of safety railings is a much bigger issue.

I am wearing tribal warrior outfit myself very often. I have no IF and my armour is not loomed and I hardly get oneshot with it.
I would prefer my most favourite, the pilgrim disguise but with that you are almost always a oneshot. That's why I started wearing tribal stuff, because you can easily survive 2 shots, even 2 hits from swords.

If it was yesterday, then 1X bodkins and 3X Rus Bow and 8PD is what I did.

Overpowered Rusbow together with bodkins and 8 pd....any questions why you got oneshot killed?^^