Poll

Do you agree with MOST of those things being approved?

Yes
No

Author Topic: [CLASS] Siege Engineer!  (Read 1413 times)

Offline Erathsmus

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
  • My w finger hurts.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Imperium
Re: [CLASS] Siege Engineer!
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 07:29:50 am »
Not necessarily a bad idea. But I highly doubt that they're going to add any skills or attributes considering they took out about half the skills and attributes from Warband. And those particular ones would have added even more to gameplay than siege skills

That is a good point. But, most of those skills were removed because the skills are less map oriented then vanilla, and more in battle driven in C-rpg. Vanilla did not have an option for deploying siege equipment mid battle, so I think it is still a likely possiblity, due to that these are mid combat skills, not walk around the campaign map with an army.
Slow and steady wins the race...Unless there is a fast person in it.

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011, 04:56:35 pm »
+2
There is still a hidden wpf option preset for firearms, we could switch that to "engineering" and move all the ladders and such out of throwing and into "firearms" wpf.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2011, 05:20:48 pm »
For each point in siege equip construction material should have one more ammo.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2011, 05:28:34 pm »
Only yes if those engineers use smg and be able to place a turret !

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2011, 06:41:14 pm »
Only yes if those engineers use smg and be able to place a turret !
ZAPPER BE SPYING MAH SENTRY!

Wait, what?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 01:30:23 pm »
Piggybacking on Erath's thread, which I think is a good idea that I hope gets fleshed out a bit more, it'd be awesome if intelligence and charisma were still around. They are practically BUILT for this sort of thing, and even more than that, for STRATEGUS. The sheer amount of bonuses of a faction commander or officer having more invested into the intelligence or charisma stats and skills gets me all hot and bothered. Higher Charisma/Persuasion could allow for a more rapid recruitment of troops, higher Trade skill could increase output from caravans or working for gold in a city, higher Surgeon/Wound Treatment/First Aid skill dictated by Intelligence could increase the base health of players in a battle for a number of spawns or give a small, passive hp regen to units in a decent radius. An individual with a high Path-Finding and Spotting skill could move faster on the map and see/transfer farther. The amount of troops that can be led by a commander could actually be determined by a number of factors of course, but partially from the Leadership skill. There are so many cool, strat related mechanics that could be implemented with the integration of these two stats. Brb gamegasm.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 01:35:48 pm by Malaclypse »
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2011, 04:59:59 pm »
Hahah it would mean i would feel obliged to take engineering skill over some other skills, so i'm against it.  :twisted:

Nice suggestion though.

Instead, making siege equipment costs upkeep will probably fix the siege equipment spam. That and a small nerf to construction site hitpoints.

Offline Final_Boss

• Earl
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • joe-horan.com
  • Game nicks: Final_Boss
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2011, 05:47:15 pm »
I like this idea as well but it's kind of a useless skill if it only makes placing siege equipment faster.

Upkeep on ladders seems like an okay idea to reduce spam but I'm not really a fan of how upkeep works atm (randomly choosing equipment to repair).

Why did we decide to make ladders sheath-able? I thought that really helped with spam and made a lot more sense when they weren't?

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2011, 06:25:23 pm »
I like this idea as well but it's kind of a useless skill if it only makes placing siege equipment faster.

Upkeep on ladders seems like an okay idea to reduce spam but I'm not really a fan of how upkeep works atm (randomly choosing equipment to repair).

Why did we decide to make ladders sheath-able? I thought that really helped with spam and made a lot more sense when they weren't?
Agreed. It would also make people stop laughing at me over TS because I run with the ladder in my hand (making the enemy notice me AND make me run slower) since I like dooing it to look like a cool ladderman :(
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline kono yaro!

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: b0nk
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2011, 07:17:43 pm »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2011, 07:20:14 pm »
Piggybacking on Erath's thread, which I think is a good idea that I hope gets fleshed out a bit more, it'd be awesome if intelligence and charisma were still around. They are practically BUILT for this sort of thing, and even more than that, for STRATEGUS. The sheer amount of bonuses of a faction commander or officer having more invested into the intelligence or charisma stats and skills gets me all hot and bothered. Higher Charisma/Persuasion could allow for a more rapid recruitment of troops, higher Trade skill could increase output from caravans or working for gold in a city, higher Surgeon/Wound Treatment/First Aid skill dictated by Intelligence could increase the base health of players in a battle for a number of spawns or give a small, passive hp regen to units in a decent radius. An individual with a high Path-Finding and Spotting skill could move faster on the map and see/transfer farther. The amount of troops that can be led by a commander could actually be determined by a number of factors of course, but partially from the Leadership skill. There are so many cool, strat related mechanics that could be implemented with the integration of these two stats. Brb gamegasm.

Could I have negative charisma and intelligence, maybe grab another point in powerdraw - archers don't need to be able to thinkor talk, just shoot.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo