Author Topic: Issues with jumping melee characters and contact, while cavalry  (Read 922 times)

Offline Stonewallis

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Jerusalem
  • Game nicks: Stonewallis_of_Jerusalem
Issues with jumping melee characters and contact, while cavalry
« on: October 07, 2011, 08:38:53 pm »
Dear CRPG,

I started playing as a heavy cav character for the first time in a while.  It seems changes were made such that melee players are capable of jumping through my horse (and lance it looks like) to stab me.  As an example, I just got killed by a player who actually jumped from the right to left side of the horse as I charged, passing through poor Seabiscuit and my lance waist down with no contact .  Then he cut my head off with a katana in mid air.  This kind of occurrence seems normal enough with all the good players out there, that I am wary of attacking melee characters who see me coming.  While it seems possible to make contact with jumping characters using a lance, often it appears the lance or horse passes through their body midair with no contact.  I can't recall experiencing this a few months ago and it feels silly.

Perhaps this is as intended.  If anyone, especially super OP heavy cav players, will enlighten me to any changes in mechanics with cav over the last few months, and how to handle the situation of jumping melee characters, this noob would appreciate that.

Your Truly,
Thomas Jackson

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
Re: Issues with jumping melee characters and contact, while cavalry
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 08:46:04 pm »
aim higher,  succeed.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 08:46:47 pm »
+1
yea it happens. generally you'v got to aim where he will be and not where he is(latency). anticipation is the key as cavalry

the ones who jumpslash are for me the easiest to kill.

Offline Stonewallis

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Jerusalem
  • Game nicks: Stonewallis_of_Jerusalem
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 07:12:44 am »
Roger that.  It was awfully easy to kill jumpers last I focused on cav, I will try to adjust my tactic now thank you fellas.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 07:27:14 am »
only couch aware 2 handers for instant wins

or, start your lance thrust at the max range so you have a window to compensate for however they try to juke you
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Bonze

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-Fagcher-Liberation-Front (AFLF)
  • Game nicks: King of FF bump
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 05:13:30 pm »
Dear CRPG,

I started playing as a heavy cav character for the first time in a while.  It seems changes were made such that melee players are capable of jumping through my horse (and lance it looks like) to stab me.  As an example, I just got killed by a player who actually jumped from the right to left side of the horse as I charged, passing through poor Seabiscuit and my lance waist down with no contact .  Then he cut my head off with a katana in mid air.  This kind of occurrence seems normal enough with all the good players out there, that I am wary of attacking melee characters who see me coming.  While it seems possible to make contact with jumping characters using a lance, often it appears the lance or horse passes through their body midair with no contact.  I can't recall experiencing this a few months ago and it feels silly.

Perhaps this is as intended.  If anyone, especially super OP heavy cav players, will enlighten me to any changes in mechanics with cav over the last few months, and how to handle the situation of jumping melee characters, this noob would appreciate that.

Your Truly,
Thomas Jackson

HAHAHAHAHA ... sorry,  this is so  funny ....Imbaa 2000 kilometer long  lance and whining about jump kills ....
Play 1H heavy CAV with a shot sword like langes messer and feel the real pain every peasant with wooden stick can jump kill you with one hit (speed bonus)...
Got no Balls? Play archer. Got no sex? Play horse archer.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 09:22:08 pm »
Dear CRPG,

I started playing as a heavy cav character for the first time in a while.  It seems changes were made such that melee players are capable of jumping through my horse (and lance it looks like) to stab me. 
Your Truly,
Thomas Jackson

I have to call BS on this statement. While playing chicken with ponies, if I jump in the air, I most certainly will NOT go passing through the horse. My character will get stuck on the horse and be pushed along, which is VERY convenient for the rider. All they have to do is swing their weapon in any direction and I die.
Players passing through? Nope. Getting stuck on the horse so the rider gets a free swing at you? Yep.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 09:24:44 pm »
rumblood,  it looks different for the rider than for the inf,  he aint bullshitting.  why should he anyway
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 09:48:09 pm »
rumblood,  it looks different for the rider than for the inf,  he aint bullshitting.  why should he anyway

I've never seen a single player go passing through a horse without being hit by it. Try again.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2011, 09:49:55 pm »
meh,  i could care less

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2011, 10:49:48 pm »
It may be some sort of lag or server issue.  Additionally, though it seems less likely, it may simply be a weird mechanic which folks don't normally notice.