Author Topic: Hoping for some feedback on a few views  (Read 4219 times)

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
Re: Hoping for some feedback on a few views
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 02:16:17 pm »
As i explained over, you were banned for refusing to accept the rules. Im glad youve changed your mind. You were not banned for being rude.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sir_Simon_Jekyll

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Be without fear in the face your enemies
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Scourge of the North
  • Game nicks: John_Talbot_of_the_North
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 02:27:49 pm »
I did not refuse to accept any rules. It wasn't as black and white as that and trivialising it the way you seem to be intent on doing does not make it seem another way. I stated BEFORE you delivered your so called warning that in the exact same situation I would act the same to another player. THEN you issued your 'warning'. I then berrated you for your use of the words 'PLEASE DO' and was banned. You gave me a warning AFTER the so called 'refusal to accept rules'. I will not revenge kill, I will not kill for sustaining teamdamage but I will fight back! That is not a refusal! And it was not AFTER your 'warning'!

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 02:33:21 pm »
Ah, so you finally understood why you were banned, and now you gotta rewrite history. Well, not working, Im not buying it (why should I?). It is kinda simple, if someone TK and I dont know what happened, I usually cant do anything about it. But when the person in question starts to brag about it and tells me hell do it again, I ofc give a warning. Repeating the threat about doing an intentional TK over after that will lead to a ban. Its kinda easy and simple.

Offline Sir_Simon_Jekyll

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 02:41:09 pm »
you said Please do... to what I wonder? If I didn't accept the rules you could not have said please do in your warning. Your saying please do to something and that something was me telling someone else who told me I teamkilled for no reason that I defended myself and would again. Then you said please do and I'll ban you. Is straight forward! If your saying thats a lie then I won't bother posting more because its pointless, its my word against yours and you have the POWER. I am satisfied to know that you recognised this post because of the 'Please do' as I didn't use names nor my game charictor. So you know you said it and logically you could not have said that without replying to me saying I would do something.

Offline Sir_Simon_Jekyll

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 02:42:18 pm »
I NEVER did it again though! I said I would if the exact situation came up! You banned me and I DIDN'T do it again!

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Taking Arrows To The Face Since 2008
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Delro_ATS
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 02:45:44 pm »
All I did was call you childish for the way you delivered your warning out of frustration no one seemed to care about the details, everyone just cries for blood, hence I started this thread, kick ban poll kick ban poll, no one just plays the game. The mob is a crowd baying for the blood of anyone. You should not ban a player for just being rude to you, I didn't use offensive language and people have said a lot worse and merely been muted. I was unfairly banned because you didn't like my attitude.

This is precisely the sort of situation that I was talking about in the "Play Nice" tip. Things tend to escalate quite easily when people are getting emotional. What I'm saying is you, as a player, could have handled yourself better. If someone on your own team is coming at you, you have no reason to fight back. Take the team wound/TK, and tell the admin. Instead of "defending yourself" and escalating the situation by adding even more confusion, you could simply say "So-and-so is teamwounding/teamkilling me over an accident" to the Admin, and let them handle the warnings/kicks/bans. This is not real life - you're not going to die forever if someone TK's you. Worst case scenario, you sit out a round, and the next round the offender stops either due to a warning, or being kicked or banned. Do not take it upon yourself to kill TK'ers!

Playing on any third party server is a privilege, and not a right. So any back talk that appears like it is leading to more TK'ing, arguing, or rulebreaking may result in a kick or ban. What I'm trying to say is to be mindful of this fact at all times, and just remain cool and levelheaded. Even if you get emotional and do something regrettable without a clear head, you can take a minute to explain yourself (as you did in your post Jekyll) via a PM or in-game to the admin. Sure, you may have to deal with not playing for 2 minutes. But its better than a ban, which may become permanent if you continue to aggravate the situation.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 02:49:55 pm »
If someone on your own team is coming at you, you have no reason to fight back. Take the team wound/TK, and tell the admin. Instead of "defending yourself" and escalating the situation by adding even more confusion, you could simply say "So-and-so is teamwounding/teamkilling me over an accident" to the Admin, and let them handle the warnings/kicks/bans.

This.

And why do i even read this.  :| I got lured in thinking it might be a worthwhile post, only to learn it's yet another 'i got banned'-whine. Well done on making a huge story of it though.

Offline Sir_Simon_Jekyll

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2011, 02:52:37 pm »
Your talking about playcating mods because they have power. The baby is crying, give it a sweet. I do not play this way. I am well above it. People do not automatically have my respect they have to earn it. She has said I rewrote history, that is a lie, everything I said happened as I said and when. She said I bragged, this is also a lie, I merely stated I did it deliberatly for a reason not out of revenge, revenge would have been to wound him, killing him would be unjust. In any real debate, if you lie, you lose all credibility and respect, as a mod I expect honesty. I am sourly disappointed in this mod.

Offline Sir_Simon_Jekyll

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2011, 02:53:41 pm »
This.

And why do i even read this.  :| I got lured in thinking it might be a worthwhile post, only to learn it's yet another 'i got banned'-whine. Well done on making a huge story of it though.

If you botherd to read the post you would realize I am not bitching, I merely replied to the mod after she referred to a small section of my post. I mentioned it just once, and she brought it up.

EDIT: I do not care that I was banned enough to whine, but I do care about people who cannot tell the truth to save their life. I was banned so what I have not even submitted a post to get unbanned, I'd raher quit altogether than beg to share the same server.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 02:55:42 pm by Sir_Simon_Jekyll »

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2011, 02:54:05 pm »
This.

+1

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2011, 02:56:13 pm »
STOP WITH THE ADMIN ABUSE ALREADY

Admins are people too, and it hurts my tender heart to see them constantly abused.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Sir_Simon_Jekyll

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2011, 02:58:41 pm »
SO Lillith. If I didn't do it again and didn't reply to your 'warning' with any sembalance of not accepting the rules why was I banned? I'd ask you not to belittle me with your +1. This post started off with dealing with things like this. You brought the exact situation to light with something untrue. What do you want me to do, just ignore you and move on? It is not admin abuse, its situation abuse, one situation, one mod, one decision. Its clean cut. I didn't do it again and never said I didn't accept the rules.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 03:00:42 pm by Sir_Simon_Jekyll »

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Taking Arrows To The Face Since 2008
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Delro_ATS
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2011, 03:03:14 pm »
Your talking about playcating mods because they have power. The baby is crying, give it a sweet. I do not play this way. I am well above it. People do not automatically have my respect they have to earn it. She has said I rewrote history, that is a lie, everything I said happened as I said and when. She said I bragged, this is also a lie, I merely stated I did it deliberatly for a reason not out of revenge, revenge would have been to wound him, killing him would be unjust. In any real debate, if you lie, you lose all credibility and respect, as a mod I expect honesty. I am sourly disappointed in this mod.

This is a bad attitude to have when playing on other people's servers. Why do you think you deserve special treatment? The admins have a responsibility to keep the server free of conflict so players who regularly come to enjoy playing may continue to do so. They don't need your permission. This is exactly why I say the job is thankless.

In my opinion, Jekyll, you did wrong. You can apologize and get over it, apply for an unban and eventually move on, or you can continue to stubbornly hold your position and continue to be banned.

I might add that the Admin was absolutely in the right to ban you. Trying to justify any teamkilling is an immediate red flag to admins. Not to mention that your justification doesn't make any sense. If you shot a burglar in your home in self defence, you might get off with a manslaughter charge and probation if you were sufficiently repentant. But if, in court, you said something like "I'd do it again too if someone else broke in," odds are you are going to jail. Or the nuthouse. I'm sorry man, but it looks like you are in the wrong here.

Go back up, read my earlier post, and please try to play courteously. You don't have to like the admins, but you also must realize that none of them want your opinion on what the rules should be. They have their rules, and it is up to you to follow them.

Offline Sir_Simon_Jekyll

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2011, 03:05:20 pm »
You have misunderstood me. I do not deserve special treatment. Everyone deserves fair treatment. That should not depend on a mod's mood. If a mod is wrong or rude or childish I wont playcate them. That doesn't suggest in anyway I deserve special treatment.

I was wrong in the sense that I team killed. Thats the long and short of it and I admitted to the team kill but stated my reason for it this is !!NOT!! a bannable offense! People team kill on purpose and get kicked. I am man enough to hold my hand up and get banned. Should I have just said sorry and betrayed my own nature just to soothe the tender tempers of mods? I AM a fair player, I play far larger games and have the same job they do in them. I just will not tolerate being made to feel like I have to bend knee to someone when I already admitted the wrong doing.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 03:09:24 pm by Sir_Simon_Jekyll »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2011, 03:05:40 pm »
If you shot a burglar in your home in self defence, you might get off with a manslaughter charge and probation if you were sufficiently repentant. But if, in court, you said something like "I'd do it again too if someone else broke in," odds are you are going to jail. Or the nuthouse. I

Depends where you live. In some states of the USA, you'd get a pat on the back and be told to keep up the good work. And why would they send someone to the nut house for saying that they'd defend their home again, if need arises.  :?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.