Author Topic: Mount and Blade 2  (Read 14832 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade 2
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2011, 05:00:53 pm »
+1
8 attack directions would be overkill and give weapon length an even greater advantage than it already has. Animations would be confusing. 6 Sounds ok though.

Even better, they could code a completely free directional attack and blocks system that would make you attack precisely in the direction you moved your mouse, and make you block in a similar way. On-the-fly animation computing engines allow that (like in GTA4). Weapon length would determine how much your weapon covers you when you block in a given direction.

- No crosshair for ranged.
- A proper 1st person view, with proper "ironsights"
- WSE changes like ground collision
- more realism (accuracy or ranged, animations...)
- more stats (constit...)
- stamina, more skeleton zones with their own hp state and consequences
- dynamic equipment state (a mace hit will make a bump in plate armor, probably decreasing the protection and speed of the user), realistic armor properties (mail very bad against pierce and heavier than plate yet much cheaper and easy to make),  precise coverage (open helmets don't protect your face from frontal attacks) etc.
- human turn inertia in MP (whirlwind effect got fixed, but the turning speed is still retarded, chars are human beings, not flies)
- more combat actions (shieldbash, sprint, disarming...)

But, and I stress that, the game has to stay an action game. It can be, even with complicated mechanics, but the outcome shouldn't be based on stats.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2011, 05:03:18 pm »
My only demands is that the game is fun, though if there is a working flail then I will be overjoyed!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2011, 05:09:25 pm »
+1
I'm happy you think that the developing part for the crpg in the last years could have been thought and been done by the talewords team with ease, becouse I think the opposite.
The crpg mod brought a substantial sale increase, I think around 15-20% more overall(but I can't say anything without stats)and by the way the numbers of players this mod has taken over is incredibly high considering the playerbase.
If a multiplayer-crpg oriented m&b will be produced I think they could have a massive amount of people buying that considering the lack of this genre atm, and you know a year of experience in a mod that has more of the 50% of the mp players isn't exactly nothing.
This team thought about some features that probably didn't even travelled throught the m&b developer's heads, the strategus is just an example, and, taking as example the strategus, a game built around that without it being only a browser but also with dinamic in game parts could bring to the players something extremely innovative and incredibly involving.
but you know what?I think m&b2 will have some idiotic mp, maybe this time with some rpg elements in it, but that will still bore everyone in less than a month, losing an occasion that could have brought a lot of money to the talewords and the chance to found a brand new multiplayer mmorpg like game category from nothing, but that's just my opinion.

Taleworlds obviously wanted to make a better M&B with Warband. When the game was released, the multiplayer appeared as an addition, a bone for player that wasn't really mandatory. Taleworlds concentrated on the SP of Warband, created an half-assed multiplayer and only realised its immense potential later on. With mods like cRPG, Invasion or MM.

I think the stress in the developpment of M&B 2 will be put on creating a better MP experience, with many gamemodes, a persistent world, players vs bots modes and so on, with just bugfixes and a few new SP features. Afaik WFAS didn't performed well with the lack of the sandbox feeling in SP and no cRPG-like mod.

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2011, 05:21:44 pm »
+2
I hope for more models on the screen and better NPC AI. Maybe for Strat 2 everyone can command little blocks of their own NPC soldiers like in Fire and Sword's Captain Co-op
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2011, 05:22:49 pm »
Warband would be dead for me without cRPG, i'm pretty sure i won't play M&B 2 multiplayer for a long time without cRPG 2 , so let's all hope that TW will allow it and chadz and Co will do it ! =)

P.S. oh and uh... dunno if it's been posted yet =)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHfOejlvVsY
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 05:24:25 pm by Ujin »

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2011, 05:44:43 pm »
maybe you don't know that taleworlds is just armagan, his wife, a lot of employers. so there is nothing wrong if someone send an email to a modder (actually who manage the biggest MP warband mod).

you know, even if it's rare, there still humble people around.

:o

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2011, 05:53:42 pm »
they can pretty much not change the combat I just want

better gfx, animations, physics, collisions, maps (PROPER SKYBOXS) 
(click to show/hide)

and hopefully co-op singleplayer

oh and better ai and balance, lance +shield + horse = I can take on an army of 50 AI solo.

maybe a map you actually ride around instead of instancing the battles from a mini map? (would be be SUPER difficult).

edit: i guess what I want basically comes down to this:

New engine!

« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 06:00:14 pm by Banok »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2011, 05:55:11 pm »
they can pretty much not change the combat I just want

better gfx, animations, physics, collisions, maps (PROPER SKYBOXS) 
(click to show/hide)

and hopefully co-op singleplayer

maybe a map you actually ride around instead of instancing the battles from a mini map? (would be be SUPER difficult).

Lol add destructible environment in Mount & Blade II.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2011, 05:57:02 pm »
Lol add destructible environment in Mount & Blade II.

too much to hope for, even modern huge bugget fps's dont have it, only dice bother.

would be ace for sieges tho with balista/trebs taking down walls, probably easier to handle than exploding matter.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2011, 06:02:53 pm »
Fun fact:
the "higher quality gfx" a game has, the more shit it looks on my pc. Ironic, isn't it

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2011, 06:09:35 pm »
Donate for a new power-gaming PC for chadz?

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2011, 06:11:14 pm »
+3
But I'm the performance quality assurance department of the crpg team! it has to pass my pc to prove it's no performance hog.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2011, 06:12:46 pm »
too much to hope for, even modern huge bugget fps's dont have it, only dice bother.

would be ace for sieges tho with balista/trebs taking down walls, probably easier to handle than exploding matter.

Cuz DICE are pretty kewl swedes lol.

Haha btw. Imagine a house and archers camping the roof and catapult it or something =)

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2011, 06:19:52 pm »
Taleworlds needs to buy Frostbite 2 Licenses, than MnB 2 will be awesome sauce.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Varyag

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Merc_Varyag_
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2011, 06:23:16 pm »
I want magic and fantasy setting in new M&B. I'm tired of historical settings. But please don't make it LOTR!!! Forget Tolkien! There is plenty of other excellent fantasy books around you know!