Author Topic: Mount and Blade 2  (Read 14818 times)

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade 2
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2011, 02:46:45 pm »
I expect more of a facelift and shiner graphics, maybe some new animations. Like better horse animations, maybe even some system that can take into account whats metal, whats wood etc would be awesome. And I would love a hand to hand grapple system.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2011, 02:48:37 pm »
+2
What TW needs is a...

*drumroll*

New engine!

Seriously their current one is a mess, also looks weird. I'm not a gfx whore and kinda like it's unique appearance, but for such consumption, there are way more optimized and better engines out thar.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Rhombeus

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Werdume
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2011, 03:35:30 pm »
Sweat!

I hope they add a block key, leaving your 2 mice buttons free for 2 handed fighting style.

I want two axes!!!!

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2011, 03:38:42 pm »
 :shock:

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2011, 03:40:30 pm »
I hope the combat will be a lot more complex.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2011, 03:42:44 pm »
they need to add duel wielding so all the samuraimy old friends can look even cooler

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2011, 04:03:10 pm »
I hope the combat will be a lot more complex.

this. (8 attack directions? dynamic faster or slower attacks depending on how long the attack is hold? effective localized wounds instead just a health points pool? leg hit to hamstring? severed body parts? ranged without crosshair? more stats? dexterity/constitution/reflexes/etc? flails and whips? flaming arrows? weapons will break?)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 04:04:53 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2011, 04:16:45 pm »
+1
inb4 Frostbite 2
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline marco1391

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Legio_Marco1691
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2011, 04:17:51 pm »
I was just wondering, did the talewords developers ever talked to chadz?I'd like to see him and the other crpg devs in the talewords staff, that would probably help bringing us a great mp and not something close to the vanilla warband/fire and sword multi we had

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2011, 04:27:23 pm »
I was just wondering, did the talewords developers ever talked to chadz?I'd like to see him and the other crpg devs in the talewords staff, that would probably help bringing us a great mp and not something close to the vanilla warband/fire and sword multi we had

Yes, taleworlds call around regularly to ask what these masters of game designing can tell them. Especially chadz, they just used the yellow pages to call him since he didn't respond to their PM's on this forum.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2011, 04:53:08 pm »
Yes, taleworlds call around regularly to ask what these masters of game designing can tell them. Especially chadz, they just used the yellow pages to call him since he didn't respond to their PM's on this forum.

maybe you don't know that taleworlds is just armagan, his wife, a lot of employers. so there is nothing wrong if someone send an email to a modder (actually who manage the biggest MP warband mod).

you know, even if it's rare, there still humble people around.

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2011, 04:53:49 pm »
+1
I hope they remove archers.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2011, 04:55:10 pm »
+1
Oh cool, he finally stopped doing that silly fake accent. :P
Don't.

Offline marco1391

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Legio_Marco1691
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2011, 04:55:48 pm »
I'm happy you think that the developing part for the crpg in the last years could have been thought and been done by the talewords team with ease, becouse I think the opposite.
The crpg mod brought a substantial sale increase, I think around 15-20% more overall(but I can't say anything without stats)and by the way the numbers of players this mod has taken over is incredibly high considering the playerbase.
If a multiplayer-crpg oriented m&b will be produced I think they could have a massive amount of people buying that considering the lack of this genre atm, and you know a year of experience in a mod that has more of the 50% of the mp players isn't exactly nothing.
This team thought about some features that probably didn't even travelled throught the m&b developer's heads, the strategus is just an example, and, taking as example the strategus, a game built around that without it being only a browser but also with dinamic in game parts could bring to the players something extremely innovative and incredibly involving.
but you know what?I think m&b2 will have some idiotic mp, maybe this time with some rpg elements in it, but that will still bore everyone in less than a month, losing an occasion that could have brought a lot of money to the talewords and the chance to found a brand new multiplayer mmorpg like game category from nothing, but that's just my opinion.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2011, 04:57:57 pm »
+2
Oh cool, he finally stopped doing that silly fake accent. :P

No, he is practicing his American accent!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.