Poll

Is this admin doing their job correctly?

No
197 (52%)
Yes
182 (48%)

Total Members Voted: 378

Author Topic: [NA] Smoothrich: Lord of Admins, God of cRPG. Praise Him Within.  (Read 47966 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: [NA] Smoothrich: Lord of Admins, God of cRPG. Praise Him Within.
« Reply #555 on: February 20, 2013, 12:39:37 am »
Smoothmin Bestmin
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 20, 2013, 12:46:04 am »
+10
plague/mercerex being banned was retarded, kesh being banned was retarded, smooth and shik banning kesh was the most transparent admin abuse possible and anyone who's looked at the diplomacy forum ever knows that

the NA admin team is basically the LAPD at this point, and canary is charlie beck

also i'm in hero party and im pretty sure fcc has 2k on its way to my castle as we speak
FREE ALLERS

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #557 on: February 20, 2013, 12:51:15 am »
+2
Now that cmp has global banned Kesh, does that make it more acceptable? Was that the proof you guys were looking for?

This still hasn't shown me any tangible, undeniable, proof. It shows me that, undeniably, no one likes Kesh, and I think we all already knew that. And still, Smooth was the one who executed cmp's idea, the magnitude of which we (the general public) do not know. If it was: "we need to global ban Kesh for multiaccounting" then yeah, it carries a lot of weight. But if it was more along the lines of "damn Kesh is such a sperglord, we should just ban him" then it doesn't mean shit, because everyone's said that at some point.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #558 on: February 20, 2013, 12:53:36 am »
+3
This still hasn't shown me any tangible, undeniable, proof. It shows me that, undeniably, no one likes Kesh, and I think we all already knew that. And still, Smooth was the one who executed cmp's idea, the magnitude of which we (the general public) do not know. If it was: "we need to global ban Kesh for multiaccounting" then yeah, it carries a lot of weight. But if it was more along the lines of "damn Kesh is such a sperglord, we should just ban him" then it doesn't mean shit, because everyone's said that at some point.

Same proof that was presented when the drz/grey/union/autoblockers were banned. Slightly more actually.

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #559 on: February 20, 2013, 12:54:57 am »
+2
Same proof that was presented when the drz/grey/union/autoblockers were banned. Slightly more actually.
but you see, it's different because like, smoothrich is an admin who said some things that might have been a little bit weird so thats bad and BAN SMOOTHRICH BAN  BANBNA BAN BAN

also, this is NA so of course we'll make a bigger deal out of it

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #560 on: February 20, 2013, 01:10:44 am »
+10
FREE KESH 2013

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #561 on: February 20, 2013, 01:20:17 am »
+9

But for these the process of identifying who to ban was done anonymously to prevent bias.  The crime was defined before hand and turned into a filter by the investigator and everybody caught by the filter was banned and given the same punishment.

In this case we are told that Kesh was individually targeted for investigation and then the results were reviewed and an action taken by people who are known to dislike him.

Kesh may or may not be guilty of Strat multi-accounting, however the only way he should have been banned for it is if his account was anonymously flagged in a proper ban wave.  This is important because it not only protects players from biased admins but it also protects admins from biased player accusations.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 20, 2013, 01:26:22 am »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #563 on: February 20, 2013, 01:30:05 am »
But for these the process of identifying who to ban was done anonymously to prevent bias.  The crime was defined before hand and turned into a filter by the investigator and everybody caught by the filter was banned and given the same punishment.

In this case we are told that Kesh was individually targeted for investigation and then the results were reviewed and an action taken by people who are known to dislike him.

Kesh may or may not be guilty of Strat multi-accounting, however the only way he should have been banned for it is if his account was anonymously flagged in a proper ban wave.  This is important because it not only protects players from biased admins but it also protects admins from biased player accusations.

Where is the proof that they went through these steps?

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #564 on: February 20, 2013, 01:30:37 am »
+6
That's pretty unbiased, in comparison to some of the other shit that's been spread here so far.

And of course he made a valid point, so I'm sure Smoothrich will either ignore it or switch topics on it now.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #565 on: February 20, 2013, 01:30:58 am »
+9
Where is the proof that they went through these steps?
it was done by meow and the dev team. not by two admins that are known to be shitty and that are bff's

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 20, 2013, 01:32:43 am »
+2

Ummm what? You realize how stupid this sounds right? In fact, if any moderator, admin or developer feels that someone is cheating they should investigate it fully. It doesn't matter who, or what they're suspected of. It's not bias, nor should the only way to be banned for multi-accounting be by anonymously flagging in a wave. I can't even form a proper argument against this because I can't see any sensible reason why you wouldn't, at times, do an individual investigation.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 20, 2013, 01:38:06 am »
I would like to be your cradle, master.

I will take the words of your peasants, and turn them into laws you can enforce back on them.
I will take the weapons of your criminals, and turn them into a hammer of justice.
I will take the wickedness of your enemies, and turn it into a fiery passion.
I will take the milk of your whores, and turn it into wine.

I am yours, if you will be mine.
Oh Lord, hear my prayers,
let the all powerful Smoothrich take the reins of his steed,
and ride upon the wails of his non-believers.
My poetry is better.

You just made poetry suck, gg, it's like Smoothrich said, you  kill everything you touch.

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 20, 2013, 01:42:21 am »
My poetry is better.

You just made poetry suck, gg, it's like Smoothrich said, you  kill everything you touch.
it was more of explaining how much i like his attitude, and if he keeps doing shit like this im 100% behind him

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 20, 2013, 01:48:06 am »
it was more of explaining how much i like his attitude, and if he keeps doing shit like this im 100% behind him
Well ok then, I accept that, don't get to close though, don't kill Smoothrich, or poetry.