Poll

Is this admin doing their job correctly?

No
197 (52%)
Yes
182 (48%)

Total Members Voted: 378

Author Topic: [NA] Smoothrich: Lord of Admins, God of cRPG. Praise Him Within.  (Read 47976 times)

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
Re: [NA] Smoothrich: Lord of Admins, God of cRPG. Praise Him Within.
« Reply #540 on: February 19, 2013, 11:56:48 pm »
+6
No of course not.  Your opinion on how ___ is a "baDMIn"  is very important to us.  Please give me another thousand views.  If this thread keeps going at this rate I will get a sponsorship with Google ads.

If you can keep this post rate up on this thread, you could hit the chaos thread in a few weeks.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 20, 2013, 12:01:29 am »
You, and Canary through his recent comment, have go so far as to essentially tell everyone that these Admin threads are a formality and hold no weight. That's pretty unsettling - you signed up for this job, so please take it seriously.

Firstly, feel free to pay my my cRPG gold wages to make it a proper internet knights job. Secondly, going ahead with banning Kesh was me taking admin seriously, and look at the reaction it causes.  People only rage at justified bans on their friends and allies, and only think "good job" when people they don't like are banned.  Pretty much no one cares about right and wrong and the truth.

If you think everyone who posts in this thread is going to get a notarized response from the office of Smooth, Administrator Esquire™ then you need to help me find a cRPG desk secretary. 
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline In Cauda Venenum

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 21
  • not actually gay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Saturn_of_Chaos
« Reply #542 on: February 20, 2013, 12:07:06 am »
+7
Firstly, feel free to pay my my cRPG gold wages to make it a proper internet knights job. Secondly, going ahead with banning Kesh was me taking admin seriously, and look at the reaction it causes.  People only rage at justified bans on their friends and allies, and only think "good job" when people they don't like are banned.  Pretty much no one cares about right and wrong and the truth.

If you think everyone who posts in this thread is going to get a notarized response from the office of Smooth, Administrator Esquire™ then you need to help me find a cRPG desk secretary.
i mean, we're calling you out on being a shitty admin, instead you're trying to be an unfunny internet hero, and when you do try and put a fragment of thought into it, you just blame it all on 'LOL THOSE WACKY FCC, PLS STOP GANGING UP ON HERO PARTY FCC SYMPATHIZER'

THESE ADMIN THREADS LOL

Offline Commodore_Axephante

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 38
  • Jumping with my overheads since '04
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Reidi_the_Unfettered
« Reply #543 on: February 20, 2013, 12:08:49 am »
+8

Man, I've never talked to Kesh in my life, and I honestly don't care about strat outside of wanting fun battles - my entire reaction to everything that is happening in this thread is based on a somber read of just that - this thread. As an impartial observer it is beyond obvious to me just who exactly is trolling, and who is stating logical and informed opinions. So far, honestly, I have to put you in that former camp. I mean, you say not everyone will get "notarized responses" - but they do all get responses. Wasting-everyone's-time-acting-superior responses. You don't offer proof and you piss on everyone's requests for it, and then say nobody cares about the truth. If you weren't in a position of power, here, I wouldn't care, but I believe in integrity, especially from those who signed themselves up to lead by example.

If something doesn't deserve a response (and I agree with you, there is a lot of that in here), then don't respond. You're only digging this thing deeper when you fuel everyone.

But, obviously, you're into that.

Anyway, good luck everyone. I'm done checking this out. Jesus, I'm sitting in a hospital and even I'm finding this old.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #544 on: February 20, 2013, 12:09:29 am »
+9

I wouldn't quite say that. There's some that do. If Kesh was multi-accounting and this was proven, then the ban was valid and I will happily accept that. But the manner you've gone about this has been horrible. CMP and the other high-ups always handled multi-accounting and had solid evidence behind it. You simply accused him of it, then avoid the subject when asked for any proof. And I don't think you have the ability to do whatever CMP and others do to check if someone is indeed multi-accounting. If this was handled as it SHOULD be, like other cases of multi-accounting, I guarantee the outcry would be nowhere near this level. Not to mention the logs that were leaked only weaken your case, if it's such a sure thing why not just prove it? And on top of all of this, I really don't think you should be involved with any actions towards Kesh whatsoever. Get a different admin who isn't getting fucked over by the guy on Strat. Like it or not, there's a lot of bias in this situation and that should never be the case when admins make take action.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 20, 2013, 12:23:54 am »
i mean, we're calling you out on being a shitty admin, instead you're trying to be an unfunny internet hero, and when you do try and put a fragment of thought into it, you just blame it all on 'LOL THOSE WACKY FCC, PLS STOP GANGING UP ON HERO PARTY FCC SYMPATHIZER'

THESE ADMIN THREADS LOL

Yeah man, you were all for that dastardly Plague getting permabanned, because you didn't like him and praised the admins.  It happens to someone you like or feel ambivalent towards, and you rage and blame the admin(s).  You're a hypocrite and shockingly pro-Cheating.  I'm not trying to be a hero, just calling you out for being wrong.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #546 on: February 20, 2013, 12:26:35 am »

I would like to be your cradle, master.

I will take the words of your peasants, and turn them into laws you can enforce back on them.
I will take the weapons of your criminals, and turn them into a hammer of justice.
I will take the wickedness of your enemies, and turn it into a fiery passion.
I will take the milk of your whores, and turn it into wine.

I am yours, if you will be mine.
Oh Lord, hear my prayers,
let the all powerful Smoothrich take the reins of his steed,
and ride upon the wails of his non-believers.

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
« Reply #547 on: February 20, 2013, 12:26:46 am »
+4
Smoothrich, I used to respect you as an admin. I knew you liked trolling, who doesn't, but that ban on kesh is an absolute clear case of admin abuse.

Shame on you.

Sage

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #548 on: February 20, 2013, 12:27:41 am »
+4
Please correct me if I'm wrong but, does this mean that these "Feedback threads" are basically admin blogs?

I will refer you please to Meow's feedback thread, which can more appropriately be titled "The Thread for Cat Pictures".

You, and Canary through his recent comment, have go so far as to essentially tell everyone that these Admin threads are a formality and hold no weight. That's pretty unsettling - ...

The weight they hold is determined through the action which causes the reaction, not the reaction itself. If by posting details of a certain scenario brings it (the supposed misdeed) to light, it is entirely relevant and will be taken into consideration by those who are in such a position to do so. The threads aren't useless, they're just not as indicative of failings as people seem to think. This statement from Smoothrich sadly tends to be very accurate:

People only rage at justified bans on their friends and allies, and only think "good job" when people they don't like are banned.

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
« Reply #549 on: February 20, 2013, 12:30:09 am »
+5
Canary, Kesh is neither my friend nor strategus ally (any more, in fact, some time now) but only a blind man can't see that this ban was BS.

Jeez.

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #550 on: February 20, 2013, 12:31:08 am »
+6
Yeah man, you were all for that dastardly Plague getting permabanned, because you didn't like him and praised the admins.  It happens to someone you like or feel ambivalent towards, and you rage and blame the admin(s).  You're a hypocrite and shockingly pro-Cheating.  I'm not trying to be a hero, just calling you out for being wrong.

Yeah man, you were all for that dastardly Kesh getting permabanned, because you didn't like him and praised yourself.  It happens to someone you like or feel ambivalent towards, and you rage and blame the admin(s).  You're a hypocrite and shockingly pro-abuse.  I'm not trying to be a hero, just calling you out for being wrong.

And Canary, where is the justification? Where's the evidence? So far we've been told that it's been found by some nameless men and that it's definitely there, but we just aren't allowed to see it. If you want the outrage to stop, then show us the evidence and I'm sure we'll all calm down and agree that Kesh deserved a ban for multiaccounting (if he did).

Offline In Cauda Venenum

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 21
  • not actually gay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Saturn_of_Chaos
« Reply #551 on: February 20, 2013, 12:31:55 am »
+2

I'm a hypocrite?  When in this did I say I was for Kesh or when did I exploit?  I'm pro-Cheating? I called out Plague for leeching (which the accusation is incorrect since I was for him getting banned because he broke a rule, not because of preference.) and I'm calling you out for encouraging an exploit in a strat battle. (OH WHOOPS WE'VE ALREADY BEEN THROUGH THIS BUT YOU DON'T CARE BECAUSE LOL FCC DID IT BEFORE)

Act like I'm blaming admins just to blame admins, but I'm not.  I'm blaming you because you're sitting on your soap box crying about FCC's unproven exploits, but then we have poor, little, victimized Smoothrich who just a few days ago was encouraging his team to shoot through stairs.  Look at yourself and tell me you aren't hypocritical in the slightest.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #552 on: February 20, 2013, 12:33:15 am »
+10

I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #553 on: February 20, 2013, 12:35:32 am »
+4
You missed a spot

[15:07] <MrShine> [14:56] <Shik> Here's the plea deal: you tell us who leaked you the irc dev info and we'll shorten your ban [14:57] <Keshian> wow [14:57] <Keshian> you are sucha  bad admin [14:57] <Shik> yep [14:57] <Elmokki> mod has been dead for ages already [14:57] <Keshian> we really need cmp and meow and chadz tos tep in at this point
[15:08] <MrShine> you aren't going to get help from cmp on that one kesh
[15:08] == a_bear_irl  has joined #mount&blade-crpg
[15:08] <MrShine> it was his idea

(timezone difference obviously, this happened about 10 minutes later)

Now that cmp has global banned Kesh, does that make it more acceptable? Was that the proof you guys were looking for?

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #554 on: February 20, 2013, 12:36:12 am »
I think this is the first thread where tears might not be the most braindead poster in.

(click to show/hide)