Poll

Is this admin doing their job correctly?

No
197 (52%)
Yes
182 (48%)

Total Members Voted: 378

Author Topic: [NA] Smoothrich: Lord of Admins, God of cRPG. Praise Him Within.  (Read 44442 times)

Offline Silveredge

• Count
  • Renown: 190
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silveredge
Re: [NA] Smoothrich
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2012, 12:38:10 am »
I did use admin chat.  Of that I'm 100% sure.  The instance I'm referring to may have been in a previous session and for that I apologize, this is an old topic.  I did not say I didn't want admins to play.  I can play and see what's going on in chat, that's what I'm referring to.  The admin in this topic is Smoothrich, when you say "us", in what I'm talking about, an Admin and a Developer are not the same.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2012, 01:40:16 am »
Well, i'm speaking from an admin perspective here, i also mainly started spamming Smooth's thread cause i was checking logs at the time anyway, then stumbled upon your post and felt like replying.

Being an Admin can be a really annoying thing to do and you totally need player support to keep track of everything going on.
It's way different reading the random chit chat and filtering the stuff that is really important.
Even worse on a horse i guess, not playing cav so i can't judge.
Smooth is one of the few really active admins and i kinda doubt he was intentionally ignoring the problem.
You always get crap when you do anything at least from the people who get muted/kicked/banned as it is always abuse and badmining.

Anyhow, you guys wouldn't want to lose him as admin right now, there are way too few and even less this active.

Support your local admins :mrgreen:

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2012, 07:55:51 pm »
A good admin, regardless of what the crybabies say.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2012, 12:34:05 pm »
Irc spammer
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2012, 01:04:16 pm »
Good admin, responses to problems really fast

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Scrambles720

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Scrambles_Astralis
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2012, 07:50:50 pm »
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,24935.0.html

I saw goretooth playing a day after this. Who unbanned him? Not saying your a bad admin or anything i just want to know who unbanned him and why. He clearly stated "I thought it was funny" which sure as hell isn't learning his lesson. If I missed something I am sorry. I don't know where else to post this other than the admin who banned him and likely unbanned him's thread if im in the wrong spot just delete the comment and pm me.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2012, 09:31:45 pm »

I saw goretooth playing a day after this.

He is banned on NA officials only, it was not a Global ban.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2012, 10:56:23 pm »
Goretooth had his ban extended but was unbanned (by me) and got on rageball for a brief time in between before I extended it on the website.

His ban (ended up being 4-5 days) is over now though, so watch your backs :(
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2012, 12:04:27 am »

I saw goretooth playing a day after this. Who unbanned him? Not saying your a bad admin or anything i just want to know who unbanned him and why. He clearly stated "I thought it was funny" which sure as hell isn't learning his lesson. If I missed something I am sorry. I don't know where else to post this other than the admin who banned him and likely unbanned him's thread if im in the wrong spot just delete the comment and pm me.
You know who why would you post in the right one? a 5 day ban for a few tks. Not that i play much. How you all been enjoying strat btw?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 12:05:51 am by Goretooth »

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Darkwulf

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2012, 12:24:49 am »
Sounds like Smooth is doing his job fine. 

Offline Scrambles720

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Scrambles_Astralis
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2012, 04:36:18 am »
Your first sentence needs some revision goretooth because I truly don't have a clue what you meant. And it wasn't originally a five day ban. Also I personally am enjoying strat and i know we wont be seeing much lljk anymore so thats fine with me :) I never hated lljk we just fought to have fun and enjoy strat but i love how you try to turn it personal goretooth :p You don't take the game very seriously for someone who takes the game so seriously. Sorry for off topic now back to the topic.

Smoothrich is a fair admin and he explained the situation fast and nicely. Like this guy and his administrative style
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 04:39:35 am by Scrambles720 »

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2012, 02:34:15 am »
Smooth plays the heavy when no one else is willing to.

An unsung hero
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Miracle

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: s0mali_piratez
  • Game nicks: Miracle
  • IRC nick: Miracle
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2012, 02:38:47 am »
+1
The only thing smooth could improve is to release a diss song with every ban handed out.  That would make him bestmin, imo.
also free allers, permaban digglez imo
is there anyone (NH members excluded) that would have an issue with that? basically allers is big pun and digglez is fat joe, nobody would say no to that trade

Offline Crazyi

• Baron
  • Renown: 82
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Crazyi_KUTT, Crazyeye_KUTT, CrayCray
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2012, 07:49:16 pm »
His buddy BADPLAYER tramples and shoots me with a crossbow. Then says "Im not even sorry". I TK him, and get perma banned by Smooth. How many people did your friend TK to finish the map with 2/6 as a crossbow calv? Your friend acts like a child, and you foolishly defend him. Double standards are garbage too. If im banned for TKing, you should have banned him too. Would of been 100% avoided if he didnt talk shit after nearly killing me. You are a terrible admin, your polls support the notion too.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2012, 07:55:58 pm »
His buddy BADPLAYER tramples and shoots me with a crossbow. Then says "Im not even sorry". I TK him, and get perma banned by Smooth. How many people did your friend TK to finish the map with 2/6 as a crossbow calv? Your friend acts like a child, and you foolishly defend him. Double standards are garbage too. If im banned for TKing, you should have banned him too. Would of been 100% avoided if he didnt talk shit after nearly killing me. You are a terrible admin, your polls support the notion too.

Big deal, ive done the same thing jokingly after accidentally lancing or bumping someone, doesnt give them the right to come after me (note: revenge teamkilling/wounding is against the rules as well)
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway