Author Topic: [EU] Thomek  (Read 50178 times)

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
Re: [EU] Thomek
« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2012, 01:56:26 pm »
The point isnt how Franky and Thomek get along.
Point is... who's gonna assure me now that I wont get banned out of a mood for being spec while taking a piss? If this kind of ban spans out we're all screwed.
Besides... you're losing the multi now for being spec too which only punishes the honest player anyway.

It's a general line that has been crossed and that should be discussed.
i see your point and yes this maybe now seen more on a regular base, still if there are indications that an admin himself wouldn't apply the common sense rule with ... common sense you would see me here on the other side of the argument. So it will be always a thing which needs to be checked out, case by case.

Aslong you only take a piss, you would be back after a few minutes and playing again, an admin who takes his job serriously will be aware of that. But if you are away for hours, the admin gave several notifications(proofable through server logs) and then either kicked you(there shouldn't be an argument at all) or banned you, because he sees a pattern in the behavour of the player and states he warned him over several weeks on and on again, then there also shouldn't be an argument but it will be one if either the player in question is a) a dick or b) is been treated unfairly. Whereby b) will always be the exception of the rule. There is normaly noone out there to hunt you down and give you grieve only you are who you are, but we make mistakes and often we fear to face our own mistakes which results in us being dicks.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 25, 2012, 01:57:33 pm »
this is gold.
man i just remembered you are now admin ... gold indeed .. congratz btw and may the force be with you

Offline Frankysan

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • PENITENTIAGITE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 25, 2012, 02:39:34 pm »
Thomek i have no problems with you , and i'm trying hard to behave like a grown boy, but man what the fuck

how can i be warned when i am afk? and please check again, you never banned me. If u did and was for the same reason the ban was so short when i came back to keyboard it was expired.

Aside from this, this is what i think:

Kicking specs is your job, and it's not exactly like working in a salt mine, so you could really cut this bullshit and let me play. No offense taken, as you said we get along really well, and we'll keep doing even if i stay banned, but please think of it 2 times before giving ppl 2 days ban for being afk 40 mins.
Plus, you play 1 hour a day and you feel like you can judge my afk too long? seriously i played 6 hours yesterday and for taking a coffee and smoking a cig i get this cool present...

hope you got the point; i'm sure you think to be right, but talking about common sense is really stupid mate when everybody consider this insanely excessive.

i can't play a game where i can't go afk, just use your fingers to kick specs.

i hope at least rules are same for everyone and you'll better be ready to kick "VIP" players as well.

I will have to ask leshma how to lick asses properly, looks like it's the only way to play this game

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2012, 02:44:43 pm »
this sounds now completely different.

So Franky what you say is, you normally don't camp the server even if you are out for a longer smoke or afk for while, you allways log off?

Also on a second account, Franky you have never been told that you shouldn't be camping the server and using up slots this way?

Offline Frankysan

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • PENITENTIAGITE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 25, 2012, 02:51:44 pm »
this sounds now completely different.

So Franky what you say is, you normally don't camp the server even if you are out for a longer smoke or afk for while, you allways log off?

Also on a second account, Franky you have never been told that you shouldn't be camping the server and using up slots this way?

i have been told by thomek that i sit too much on specs, because of me often leaving in a hurry.

I also often get back from my buisness and i find myself kicked, wich is  totally fine.

I don't see any reason to justify the ban. Kicks are there for a reason, and so are admins. This is how it works all around the internet.

EDIT: And NEVER EVER anyone told me i would have been banned doing this. What thomek told me previously when i rejoined server after kicks was "franky, had to free slots" not "franky next time i'll ban you for 48 hours"
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 02:53:26 pm by Frankysan »

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2012, 03:22:03 pm »
*In my book you are a VIP player franky. I really don't differentiate, but generally expect better behavior from players that know the rules.

I recall having warned you that I would ban you if you continue your practice of sitting around in spec 24/7.. It's true that the last one was a short ban of a few hours or so.  (Yes I agree, long time ago, but still)

Here is my POV on the situation:

I log on EU1 primetime on a saturday. 10 spectators, full server. I wonder if franky is there, scroll down, and there you were, like you seem to be always whenever I check. I'm sure other admins can confirm your habit. Not because they are my friends (which they are not really. I'm rarely in IRC. I know them as well as any other active player), not because I'm asking for support.

I know it might have seen random and a bit brutal out of the blue, but this was the drop in a huge tank that made it flow over. The thing is there is no way to warn you when you are not there. Perhaps it was a bit sudden and harsh, in that case I am sorry. Still though, you are not that innocent here.

I'm tired of kicking you, of spending my time warning you. I'm also thinking about all the players that don't get to play or have to wait because of you..

FYI im suggesting a rule change to deal with this. Doubt it will be taken in though, because there are not that many using spec or keeping cRPG on all the time blocking slots. You are unique in this sense. :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #186 on: March 25, 2012, 03:25:32 pm »
How about an autokick system that kicks players who are in spectator team more than 10 minutes?
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #187 on: March 25, 2012, 03:29:14 pm »
How about you stop complaining of being tired? You're an admin and it's your job - don't like it? Then gtfo...
And I have to agree with Franky that you are barely on EU1.
Even Meow spend more time than you on EU1 and I never see him warning or banning someone for being in spectator.
But I guess it's pointless to discuss this any further. All I see is someone being ignorant and overwhelmed by himself.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 25, 2012, 03:33:35 pm »
Making someone aware of sth while he isn't there is a tough cookie.

I support your efforts to make this part of the rules Thomek, only to make it absolutly clear to others that this also counts to grieving.

I would let it slip for Franky if he would promise to really try and change here, but that is upto you both.
If Thomek decides against it, Franky then take it like a man(wanted to say wolve but well ...)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 25, 2012, 03:42:27 pm »
I will have to ask leshma how to lick asses properly, looks like it's the only way to play this game

Hehe, I knew you would mention me in some way.

Consider this two day ban as a punishment for that little idea of yours to teamkill me for no reason :wink:

I don't blame Vagabond because I know it was YOURS idea and all those stupid things bandits do from time to time are either yours or Prpavi's fault. I really don't understand why they ban Panos all the time, other than mild trolling and sometimes prolonging the rounds, he plays this game how it should be played.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #190 on: March 25, 2012, 03:45:43 pm »
How about you stop complaining of being tired? You're an admin and it's your job - don't like it? Then gtfo...
And I have to agree with Franky that you are barely on EU1.
Even Meow spend more time than you on EU1 and I never see him warning or banning someone for being in spectator.
But I guess it's pointless to discuss this any further. All I see is someone being ignorant and overwhelmed by himself.

Believe it or not benkei. I'm just trying to make cRPG a smooth experience for everyone. I'm doing this so YOU don't have to wait an extra 2 minutes every day to log onto EU1. Being and admin is not a popularity contest, I don't give a fuck what you or anyone else think about me. Someone has to take those nasty calls and sometimes I do. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong, but what can you do? I'm doing my best here.

Keeping out leechers, griefers, teamkillers, racists, delayers, all kinds of sinister trolls, keeping cRPG friendly and smooth is what I try to do. And I don't mind some mild abuse or fun. I even like panos as he's at least a real and creative entertainer at times.. (If you read this don't get too ballsy though..)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #191 on: March 25, 2012, 03:48:48 pm »
Hehe, I knew you would mention me in some way.

Consider this two day ban as a punishment for that little idea of yours to teamkill me for no reason :wink:

I don't blame Vagabond because I know it was YOURS idea and all those stupid things bandits do from time to time are either yours or Prpavi's fault. I really don't understand why they ban beer all the time, other than mild trolling and sometimes prolonging the rounds, he plays this game how it should be played.
Funny things you think to know. Believe me when I tell you that you are not even close as important to all of us as you think you are. You're just a laugh now and then in teamspeak. That's it...

And tbh... I've never heard or read about people complaining about waiting those 2 minutes. I do sometimes and I certainly dont mind cuz it's never longer than 2-4 minutes.

Aunt Edit again...
Besides there are several other server which are never full. It's not like anyone is kept from playing. There are always free slots!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 03:53:25 pm by benkei »
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #192 on: March 25, 2012, 04:34:04 pm »
A 2 day ban might have been a little harsh, but if franky really does do this on a regular basis he did deserve a harder punishment than a kick, a 3 hour ban or so might have done the job, but I'm not the admin here.
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Frankysan

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • PENITENTIAGITE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 25, 2012, 04:44:02 pm »
*In my book you are a VIP player franky. I really don't differentiate, but generally expect better behavior from players that know the rules.

I recall having warned you that I would ban you if you continue your practice of sitting around in spec 24/7.. It's true that the last one was a short ban of a few hours or so.  (Yes I agree, long time ago, but still)

Here is my POV on the situation:

I log on EU1 primetime on a saturday. 10 spectators, full server. I wonder if franky is there, scroll down, and there you were, like you seem to be always whenever I check. I'm sure other admins can confirm your habit. Not because they are my friends (which they are not really. I'm rarely in IRC. I know them as well as any other active player), not because I'm asking for support.

I know it might have seen random and a bit brutal out of the blue, but this was the drop in a huge tank that made it flow over. The thing is there is no way to warn you when you are not there. Perhaps it was a bit sudden and harsh, in that case I am sorry. Still though, you are not that innocent here.

I'm tired of kicking you, of spending my time warning you. I'm also thinking about all the players that don't get to play or have to wait because of you..

FYI im suggesting a rule change to deal with this. Doubt it will be taken in though, because there are not that many using spec or keeping cRPG on all the time blocking slots. You are unique in this sense. :)

i got your point man and as i said, i still consider you the "best" (with more common sense) admin around, no hard feelings.
Just had to tell you i consider this retarded  and  it's the first time i see a ban for this reason, but no big deal...i'll just leave server whenever i'm not sure about how long i'll be afk!

Now please stop breaking thomek balls, he was doing his job and if it's fine for me it should be for you as well...
If you feel like stalking someone focus on Leshma please!

Offline Frankysan

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • PENITENTIAGITE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 25, 2012, 04:49:11 pm »
Funny things you think to know. Believe me when I tell you that you are not even close as important to all of us as you think you are. You're just a laugh now and then in teamspeak. That's it...

THIS