Author Topic: [EU] Thomek  (Read 54034 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: [EU] Thomek
« Reply #165 on: March 25, 2012, 09:29:18 am »
Quote:"NOT OK: Standing around away from keyboard. If you're away, switch to spectator mode"
It obviously doesn't matter for how long you're away. Just a fail ban. Nothing else. And there's no argument you can come up with which is going to change that.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #166 on: March 25, 2012, 11:21:53 am »
I am annoyed when i can't get into a server.
I guess those who are complaining here are too at times.

Common sense:
I don't do to others what i don't want others to do to me.

case:
I don't want others to use space they don't need, because they are not there to use it and i instead then can't use it either.
Actually i don't want selfish dudes to hinder me joining a server while they are afk and the only reason they are on the server is so they don't need to wait to get into the server again.[edit: and i have done the very thing myself and i can see my hypocrisy and still feel that it was wrong]

my opinion:
This can be punished if the admin has informed the spectators or tried repeatedly to get them to make a peep that they are actually spectating and not only using up space. As people are hindered from joining the servers in this way, they are hindered from having fun. Indirectly they are grieved even if it is not obvious on first thought. Punishments for grieving can be way higher then a 2 days ban and for repeating this stuff over and over again it should be higher. Also to make this point clear to all, taking it into the official rule set would be preferable, still it can be judged by the common sense rule.

As Thomek stated, he is in contact with Franky, perhaps you guys should chill and give that a bit more thought, before you go all out on Thomek.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 11:24:23 am by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #167 on: March 25, 2012, 12:26:28 pm »
Maybe more people should read the beginning of the rules:

If your common sense is not working, here are some more specific guidelines. This is not an explicit list, common sense always overrides disputes. Do not come crying "it's not prohibited in the rules" if you invent a new creative way to be an idiot and get punished.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 25, 2012, 12:31:11 pm »
(click to show/hide)
You missed a bit

"first rule of em all: common sense"
    ~ chadz

And you even posted this yourself, care to read it and apply it to the situation at hand?

If your common sense is not working, here are some more specific guidelines. This is not an explicit list, common sense always overrides disputes. Do not come crying "it's not prohibited in the rules" if you invent a new creative way to be an idiot and get punished.

Your common sense is clearly not working so leave it to the people that do have common sense. Thomek happens to be the one admin that is not scared to ban anyone because it is not explicitly stated in the rules, even if its clearly ban deserving and that is what makes him the best admin we currently have. Now shuss!

EDIT: Aww Thomek beat me to it.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #169 on: March 25, 2012, 12:45:17 pm »
Thomek happens to be the one admin that is not scared to ban anyone because it is not explicitly stated in the rules, even if its clearly ban deserving and that is what makes him the best admin we currently have. Now shuss!

EDIT: Aww Thomek beat me to it.
So, it is ban deserving to be in spec? Also, I've seen Ujin be afk for a shitload of time ALIVE in the duel server, if I took screens and posted them in the ban section would anyone take me serious? No, would I even myself be serious? No... but, when a guy in spec gets a two day ban for being in spec (you can and should ALWAYS just kick instead of ban specs, lol, and Ujin gets away with actual leeching due to no one giving a fuck about him filling up a slot in the duel server then that's fucked up.
FREE FRANKY!!!
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #170 on: March 25, 2012, 12:48:05 pm »
and Ujin gets away with actual leeching

You don't get any gold/xp without dueling.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #171 on: March 25, 2012, 12:52:47 pm »
*and the duel server is never full.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 25, 2012, 12:53:18 pm »
So, it is ban deserving to be in spec? Also, I've seen Ujin be afk for a shitload of time ALIVE in the duel server, if I took screens and posted them in the ban section would anyone take me serious? No, would I even myself be serious? No... but, when a guy in spec gets a two day ban for being in spec (you can and should ALWAYS just kick instead of ban specs, lol, and Ujin gets away with actual leeching due to no one giving a fuck about him filling up a slot in the duel server then that's fucked up.
FREE FRANKY!!!

This also goes for you:

Your common sense is clearly not working so leave it to the people that do have common sense.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #173 on: March 25, 2012, 01:01:18 pm »
Common sense would be if you just kicked him like the rest of the spectators. Like every single admin in this game does when the server is full
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #174 on: March 25, 2012, 01:13:22 pm »
About Franky.

1. He had been warned.
2. He had been kicked for it countless times.
3. I've banned him for it previously
4. Spoken to him, told him to stop, and why.

Other than that I think he's a great guy, and have no animosity towards him whatsoever. Never had any other problems with the guy.

Generally.
5. cRPG is not your screensaver.
6. It's Asshat behaviour to never leave the server since you can't be bothered to wait in line.
(If 200 players have to wait 1 minute every day because of him, over a week that's him wasting about 24h of other peoples time.)
7. It's fine to go spec and be AFK once in a while, and I've never banned anyone else for it.

*Fluffy. It's not common sense to just kick someone for the nth time when they are clearly abusing for over a year.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 01:14:50 pm by Thomek »

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 25, 2012, 01:15:33 pm »
Common sense would be if you just kicked him like the rest of the spectators. Like every single admin in this game does when the server is full
while i agree that "a normal cause of action" would have been to just kick him, Thomek stated clearly, that Franky has been doing this for now nearly a year AND that he(Thomek) asked him(Franky) not to do so ... repeatidly. Still i don't see Franky here arguing with Thomek, as the only other one who has really something to say about this case whereby me and the other dudes taking sides here just fill in the void. So why is it that Thomek and Franky get along via email and others see the need to argue about something the person in question(Franky) doesn't make a fuzz about?

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #176 on: March 25, 2012, 01:23:44 pm »
You don't get any gold/xp without dueling.
And did Franky get gold while being afk in spec?
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 25, 2012, 01:31:08 pm »
And did Franky get gold while being afk in spec?
that wasn't the point here, but using up a playerslot while being afk and therefor denying another player to actually play.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #178 on: March 25, 2012, 01:43:58 pm »
The point isnt how Franky and Thomek get along.
Point is... who's gonna assure me now that I wont get banned out of a mood for being spec while taking a piss? If this kind of ban spans out we're all screwed.
Besides... you're losing the multi now for being spec too which only punishes the honest player anyway.

It's a general line that has been crossed and that should be discussed.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 25, 2012, 01:50:25 pm »
FREE FRANKY!!!
this is gold.