Do you agree with this change?

Yes.
47 (53.4%)
No.
28 (31.8%)
Don't Care.
13 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Author Topic: [STATS] Change how Arrows are heirloomed.  (Read 3835 times)

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
Re: [STATS] Change how Arrows are heirloomed.
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2011, 06:37:08 pm »
Don't know, but I have no probs taking arrows from the ground.

It always changes to the sort of arrows I took last, but the amount doesn't fall to one again

A few days already

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Sultan Eren
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2011, 06:37:52 pm »
I got 10 ironflesh and +3 plate armor, gauntlets and i even carry a board shield.

Rarely they (especially good known archers) one-shot me, sometimes a missile causes so many hitpoints. It makes me think like i have 85 health and 71 body armor, if they can do this to me i can't even imagine what they do to average players that wears non heirloomed medium armor?!?

In this case, this suggestion is reasonable for me. +1.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline OttomanSniper

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Greek_OttomanSniper Roof_Monkey
  • IRC nick: _Sniper
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2011, 06:40:33 pm »
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 06:42:37 pm by OttomanSniper »

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2011, 06:44:25 pm »
+2
If this suggested nerf (and yes it is, because there is actually no need for more arrows for players that are skilled enough to hit) gets through, I demand a cavnerf and a crossbownerf as well, because they can also one/twohit kill people without any big problems.

And actually normal polearms and twohandweapons can do that, too, so that should get nerfed as well after nerfing archery again :rolleyes:

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2011, 06:56:36 pm »
+1
If this suggested nerf (and yes it is, because there is actually no need for more arrows for players that are skilled enough to hit) gets through, I demand a cavnerf and a crossbownerf as well, because they can also one/twohit kill people without any big problems.

And actually normal polearms and twohandweapons can do that, too, so that should get nerfed as well after nerfing archery again :rolleyes:

The problem with archery is they can run, hide, roofcamp and shoot at the same time without being in danger. Melee can one hit but melee should get near you to do this. I hope some smart archers can understand me.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2011, 07:10:45 pm »
The problem with archery is they can run, hide, roofcamp and shoot at the same time without being in danger. Melee can one hit but melee should get near you to do this. I hope some smart archers can understand me.

The usual blabla about archery :rolleyes:

running isn't as effective as before due to no jumpshot.
hiding doesn't really work for archers, because you always have to step out of your hiding before you can draw/aim
roofcamping...yeah great. throwers and xbows do that aswell and a guy with a shield can easily go up there and start killing the archers, which leads us to --> archers are almost useless in melee fights and don't have a real chance to defend themselves
as I said, dodging arrows is fucking easy at the moment. Even I with 2 athletics on my archer can take a step to the side to avoid arrows

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2011, 08:49:06 pm »
+1
I've been playing as an archer for a while and I think it's too easy.

Then again, I normally play on Haven (30 man server).
(all unheirloomed) RUS BOW + 24 arrows + langes messer = top the leaderboards

I think increasing the ammo amount will buff archers pretty decently. Allows for more bodkins, etc, and allows for a kesh-style of play with a good melee sidearm. No more using the excuse about having crappy melee as an archer hurray!

(Seriously though what's so bad about archery... RUS bow is OP! compared to longbow at least)

e: Also, Gisbert_of_Thuringia, archery is a support class. If you REALLY want to live you better have some melee support to protect you. Otherwise, it's your own fault if you're getting crushed by 1-hit 2hers. And if you can't hit people who dodge your arrows... Well... I kill people with 9 athletics all the time...

And Sultan Eren is 100% correct, you shouldn't really call his argument "blabla."

(I can't help but think you're just a new player)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 08:56:48 pm by PieParadox »

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2011, 08:52:10 pm »

Then again, I normally play on Haven (30 man server). RUS BOW + 24 arrows + langes messer = top the leaderboards

I think increasing the ammo amount will buff archers pretty decently. Allows for more bodkins, etc, and allows for a kesh-style of play with a good melee sidearm. No more using the excuse about having crappy melee as an archer hurray!

(Seriously though what's so bad about archery... RUS bow is OP! compared to longbow at least)
They mad that they can no longer 1 hit everything, carry a longbow, 2x quivers and a flamberge up their ass.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2011, 08:59:12 pm »
I'm not dissing archers (I think it's a really fun class), but it's a little too easy if you have great battlefield awareness and good teammates... or if you have ever played a first person shooter before (I know this is my first one too!)

Edited my beforehand post!

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2011, 09:49:54 pm »

Then again, I normally play on Haven (30 man server).
(all unheirloomed) RUS BOW + 24 arrows + langes messer = top the leaderboards

e: Also, Gisbert_of_Thuringia, archery is a support class. If you REALLY want to live you better have some melee support to protect you. Otherwise, it's your own fault if you're getting crushed by 1-hit 2hers. And if you can't hit people who dodge your arrows... Well... I kill people with 9 athletics all the time...

And Sultan Eren is 100% correct, you shouldn't really call his argument "blabla."

Maybe you should read the whole thread before posting here :rolleyes:

Neither I'm talking about that archery is overpowered nor about me needing a melee guy to protect me. And noone here says that he has probs killing people with archery. And noone said he has problems hitting people with arrows o.O
And noone said archery is bad and noone was talking about the overpowered rusbow (which is nothing to discuss, because everyone knows)

And NO, archery is NO support class! It may be in strat, but not on normal servers.

(I can't help but think you're just a new player)
  :lol: Yeah for sure

They mad that they can no longer 1 hit everything, carry a longbow, 2x quivers and a flamberge up their ass.

And what are you talking about? Noone said that he wants to onehit anyone with a bow.

Guys just stay out of threads if your only purpose is to troll around :rolleyes:

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2011, 12:18:15 am »
+1

Neither I'm talking about that archery is overpowered nor about me needing a melee guy to protect me. And noone here says that he has probs killing people with archery. And noone said he has problems hitting people with arrows o.O

And NO, archery is NO support class! It may be in strat, but not on normal servers.

And what are you talking about? Noone said that he wants to onehit anyone with a bow.

Guys just stay out of threads if your only purpose is to troll around :rolleyes:

I don't see anyone trolling this thread, except maybe for you. I just see don't see you making many valid statements, at all.
Most of what I'm talking about, with 2hers killing you, is that you're complaining that they 1 hit you... (Even though thats less common nowadays) Of course your arrows won't 1 hit anybody, its a ranged projectile. You should be able to shoot that 2h like 4 times before they reach you. And I'm telling you that you should have a melee teamate near you if you're having trouble fighting any melee player. And I'm just saying that for a player of your caliber, you are indeed support.

And you said that its "dodging arrows are fucking easy." Well for other players, it's easier to dodge an archer who can't aim well, and so...

Anyways, I know this post is going to go over your head.. While you enjoy your masterwork arrows, I will be surpassing you with my normal ones. Good luck!

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2011, 12:27:15 am »

How is archery not a support class? it's purely offensive, with no defensive abilities. It cannot stick around when approached by melee unless other infantry is there. If they superior numbers they can try and surround one player. However even if they don't kill they help the rest of their team by injuring, usually without even being close to the danger themselves. Ofc they can bring a melee weapon and defend themselves but not much else. They are like Jar Jar Binks alone they are useless, dumb creatures, but with competent backup they can still be dangerous.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2011, 12:38:32 am »
I'm not complaining about 2h or cav being able to onehit anyone, I'm complaining about people constantly wanting archery to get nerfed, without doing any nerfs/changes to other classes.

I have no problem with an archery nerf if this game is finally going to be balances, which it will never be I guess :/

Don't insult Jar Jar!! >.<
He is not useless! He could kill you with half a hit instead of a onehit :O

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2011, 12:55:01 am »
I'm not complaining about 2h or cav being able to onehit anyone, I'm complaining about people constantly wanting archery to get nerfed, without doing any nerfs/changes to other classes.

I have no problem with an archery nerf if this game is finally going to be balances, which it will never be I guess :/

Don't insult Jar Jar!! >.<
He is not useless! He could kill you with half a hit instead of a onehit :O
Wait? So you want EVERY SINGLE suggested adjustment in ONE thread post?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2011, 02:48:56 am »
The first post offers something that will cause an archery damage nerf. So I think i have rights to say my opinions about ranged here in this topic. I'm not constantly complaining it, i just want balance, justice and realism.