Do you agree with this change?

Yes.
47 (53.4%)
No.
28 (31.8%)
Don't Care.
13 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Author Topic: [STATS] Change how Arrows are heirloomed.  (Read 3831 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: [STATS] Change how Arrows are heirloomed.
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2011, 01:22:42 am »
Considering that this would actually buff the archer overall (less damage per arrow but more arrows) I'm still gonna support it. Bow OR arrow looms should increase the damage but not BOTH. What ToD suggested is reasonable and gets my support.

Another way would be for Arrow looms to increase damage (total of +3 at MW and no extra ammo) and instead change the bow looms to increase fire speed/shot speed/accuracy (pick one). That would also be a way to balance it. What do you say ToD? (If you find that suggestion usable, please add to OP as many wont read it otherwise)
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2011, 06:24:04 am »
Increase in the number of arrows to carry?  :rolleyes: lol I carry 17 arrows and I think that's more than enough, i hardly ever run out but I still get plenty of kills, i'm not the most fantastic archer in EU but I can't agree that with a decrease in damage and an increase in the number of arrows, this'll mean that I could just sit on a roof and fire down arrows constantly with 1 quiver...

Completely 100% against this, not thought through at all in my opinion. I don't need 22 arrows, if I wanted that i'd have chosen other different arrows to heirloom.

Yeah, I agree.   Kind of screw over all your heirloomed arrows.  I want my normal arrows to get that +damage, they do so little already with cut damage, that further reducing it would make them worthless.  And you never run out of normal arrows, giving +5 arrows instead of damage would be an absolutely useless heirloom.  It would make even more sense to use bodkins only with this kind of change as the bonus to cut damage of the other arrows with heirlooming is part of what makes them useable balanced also by the fact that bodkins can potentially run out of ammo which makes up for their higher damage against tincans (half the melee players nowadays).  This would be an unbalanced change heavily favoring overuse of one type of arrow.

And no zap, this doesn't buff archers.  Any idiot can pick up arrows off the ground and its pretty easy not to run out of arrows, but to hit hard enough with cut damage arrows to kill someone is much more difficult task.  Having extra arrows in a quiver is not a bonus like ToD is trying to extrapolate, because it assumes no one picks up arrows and that every round you use your entire quiver - both huge assumptions.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 06:26:53 am by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2011, 09:40:39 am »
+2
1. "Many people" saying archery is OP doesn't really mean archery is OP, nor does it mean one of the most recognized archers is helping anything by making an heirloom nerf thread. After listening to other people complain about "getting 3 shot by arrows" while both myself and another archer are sitting in TS with them watching 6, 7, or 8 arrows between the two us plink into the armor of these so-called "two-shot targets". Last thing that's needed is an archer throwing flame on the fire.

2. Any archer worth his salt will either have arrows in his quiver at the end of the round from quality aiming or the simple task of collecting arrows while on the move. Extra arrows is a non-factor and that you don't recognize this makes me wonder how in touch you really are with modern archer builds. You are level 33 after all, your build is nothing like the majority of CRPG.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 09:41:50 am by Ylca »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2011, 09:43:39 am »
Where in my post did I talk about not wearing armour?

Where in my post did I talk about you not wearing armor?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2011, 09:50:09 am »
2h/polearms will one hit you if you don't wear armor yes, and?

There :D

I wasn't talking about getting onehit withour armour  :P

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2011, 11:27:22 am »
Yes, you're just wrong then. If you wear proper armor, you won't get one hit.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2011, 11:34:35 am »
What is proper armour for you?

And I was talking about getting killed with 1 or 2 hits^^

So why shouldn't archery have the chance to kill someone with 2-3 arrows when melee can do that with 1-2 hits?

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2011, 11:37:15 am »

So why shouldn't archery have the chance to kill someone with 2-3 arrows when melee can do that with 1-2 hits?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2011, 11:37:40 am »
+2
What is proper armour for you?

And I was talking about getting killed with 1 or 2 hits^^

Because you need to be in melee range to hit someone, and melee can be blocked? Maybe that's why? Are you seriously asking what the difference is?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2011, 12:13:57 pm »
You can dodge arrows easily due to the slow missile speed ;)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2011, 12:25:17 pm »
You can dodge arrows easily due to the slow missile speed ;)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2011, 01:21:40 pm »
It is not similar stats, perhaps you misread (or maybe I did).
It is +X PER heirloom level. So for example Bodkins would have +2 then an additional +2 then an additional +3, hence why the Added Damage Potential rises. So you go from 15 to 17 to 19 to 22 arrows for Bodkins, as an example. This is the same principle as armor increases, for example, +2 then +2 then last is a +3.

Oh, my bad then. But.... +7bodkin arrows when you start at 15... that's horribly too many. I know you use your rusbow, so a 2 slotbow, and you don't care about dmg, but more about ammo, but my hornbow archer doesn't have any ammo (or dmg, nobody complains :( ) problems.

Of course, one thing that could solve this, wich was already suggested by somebody else, was the "personal" heirlooms. You want to heirloom an item, you have 3 choices for the first heirloom level, 2 for the second and 2 for the third.
Example :
Arrow +1
-Large bag of arrow
-Sharp arrows
-weightless arrows
Arrow +2
-Large bag
-Sharp
Arrow + 3
-Sharper
-Larger bad
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2011, 05:52:13 pm »
All this talk about picking up arrows is interesting. Did they fix the glitch where if you pick up an arrow not identical to your own, your bag resets to zero?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2011, 06:23:05 pm »
yup they did :)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2011, 06:34:17 pm »
yup they did :)
Might I ask when? Last night on NA_1 it was still there.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.