Author Topic: Converting EXP from alts to mains.  (Read 2209 times)

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Re: Converting EXP from alts to mains.
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 10:30:03 am »
Not everyone is as capable of grinding as you are.

Excuse me? I have a girl, a job, i do go out with friends, at the moment i have just like 3-4 hours dunno, 2-3times per week, if lucky, and i find the leveling fast as shit.

And yes, when i have some free time (like sickness or something), i do grind my ass off, just to catch up with them total nolifers  :mrgreen:

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 10:40:06 am »
+1
I'm all for it but i don't like your reasons, i ageed with Cepeshi, why do you see this as time waste? You should see this as the fun you win, not as xp you lose.
(I'm not a grinder, more a casual)

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 185
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PK
  • Game nicks: PK_IncrediblySkillful, The Right arm of the guy with 13 PC's that is PK
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 12:10:50 pm »
I'm all for it but i don't like your reasons, i ageed with Cepeshi, why do you see this as time waste? You should see this as the fun you win, not as xp you lose.
(I'm not a grinder, more a casual)

I, personally, find alts to be a waste of time for numerous reasons, chief amongst these is the lack of marketplace. Thus, rendering retirement almost negligible, hence meaning I'd grind levels for no apparent reason than just time consumption. Sure, alts are fun and all, but I know that when I use alts, I don't get the same satisfaction I do as when I play my main.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here in PK, we're better than you! And we know it.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2011, 01:39:02 pm »
The best part is when you actually get your alt a MW weapon and then the weapon suddenly gets nerfed without warning. Currently, your alt is just flat out fucked. Let's all laugh at anybody unfortunate enough to have put the effort into MWing a longbow during this last patch. Same with steel bolts back when it was useful to loom them more than once

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2011, 02:06:21 pm »
+1
The best part is when you actually get your alt a MW weapon and then the weapon suddenly gets nerfed without warning. Currently, your alt is just flat out fucked. Let's all laugh at anybody unfortunate enough to have put the effort into MWing a longbow during this last patch. Same with steel bolts back when it was useful to loom them more than once

We are talking about xp conversion from alt to main, not item/gold redistribution. As far as i agree that after some major changes of weapons/horses the loomed ones should be de-loomed and the points given to redistribute. But i doubt that will ever happen. We all had to made decisions before retiring, and some of you regret them. I dont. I sold all looms, i have none at the moment and i am still competitive. Ofcourse i get owned by some good players with fully loomed gear, but i do not see the looms being the reason. The reason is i suck.

People, do not depend on looms that much, try to have fun playing this game, if you want to try alt, do it, do not regret "lost time". As long as it entertains you, its fine.

edit: to be honest, if you managed to retire your alt three times, you are grinder enough just to make it again
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 02:07:55 pm by Cepeshi »

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2011, 06:13:50 pm »
If you sold all your looms, that either means you had them on your main or you just got frightening little gold for them. The problem is there's no way to get looms from your alt to the market once your alt's looms get nerfed to a point where you don't find them useful anymore.

As far as transferring experience vs items/gold, I see things pretty much the opposite way. For me, it makes perfect sense to transfer items and gold to your main or even let your alts use the market. It's a lot like how you can trade these things with other players. But just like how you can't sell of exp and for a very good reason, I don't think you should be able to transfer exp from an alt to a main. To me, that's part of the character itself while the items it owns are just things it has in its possession. Allowing a transfer of exp would essentially encourage people to kill off all their alts rather than keep playing on them.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2011, 06:21:54 pm »
I have a bunch of alts because they make me happy to play any class I want. Due to my plethora of leveled alts, I am never bored.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 185
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PK
  • Game nicks: PK_IncrediblySkillful, The Right arm of the guy with 13 PC's that is PK
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2011, 01:46:12 am »
I have a bunch of alts because they make me happy to play any class I want. Due to my plethora of leveled alts, I am never bored.

I had* A plethora of alts, but I only use 2; archer and SS. I had cav, HA, african, 10pd archer. I use none of those due to nerfs, so I wish I could redeem the time I spent on them, giving them a purpose.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Here in PK, we're better than you! And we know it.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2011, 09:16:53 am »
I had* A plethora of alts, but I only use 2; archer and SS. I had cav, HA, african, 10pd archer. I use none of those due to nerfs, so I wish I could redeem the time I spent on them, giving them a purpose.

they had purpose, or u just played them cause there was a guy standing pointing gun to your head or what? for fuck sake, enjoy the game, stop trying to make ur char a hero

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2011, 12:12:39 pm »
they had purpose, or u just played them cause there was a guy standing pointing gun to your head or what? for fuck sake, enjoy the game, stop trying to make ur char a hero

Cepeshi nooooooo what have u done why did u use the gun to the head example thing yyyyyyyyyyyy.i just slightly disregarded your valid argument(key word slightly)

hes saying that the alts who are cut off from the market who he considers nerfed beyond the satisfaction of playing are sitting around and doing nothing simply because if they were his main he would just respec and sell the looms but seeing how they dont have the same importance of a main(and ability's of his main)he considers them "useless and he wants to cut his loses" by cannibalizing them of bare minimum the xp,he probably wants the looms as well but maybe it seems to much to ask for?(i would want both if i were in the same predicament)
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2011, 12:14:36 pm »
Cepeshi nooooooo what have u done why did u use the gun to the head example thing yyyyyyyyyyyy.i just slightly disregarded your valid argument(key word slightly)

hes saying that the alts who are cut off from the market who he considers nerfed beyond the satisfaction of playing are sitting around and doing nothing simply because if they were his main he would just respec and sell the looms but seeing how they dont have the same importance of a main(and ability's of his main)he considers them "useless and he wants to cut his loses" by cannibalizing them of bare minimum the xp,he probably wants the looms as well but maybe it seems to much to ask for?(i would want both if i were in the same predicament)

i do understand his point of view, i just do not see any logical reasoning for allowing this :)

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2011, 12:18:19 pm »
okay if your main is nerfed you can salvage the situation by just respec and selling his looms

but if your alt is nerfed seeing how he is cut off from everything you are unable to salvage him by selling his loom and  try to buy some other weapon to revive the character close to its former glory

^did that make more sense i believe that's his argument(or at least it would have been mine if i invested in a nerfed build)

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2011, 12:32:33 pm »
okay if your main is nerfed you can salvage the situation by just respec and selling his looms

but if your alt is nerfed seeing how he is cut off from everything you are unable to salvage him by selling his loom and  try to buy some other weapon to revive the character close to its former glory

^did that make more sense i believe that's his argument(or at least it would have been mine if i invested in a nerfed build)

again saying invested, man, we are playing a game here, it should be about fun, not about counting how much time u spend on what part of it

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2011, 12:36:38 pm »
of course you count how much time you spent on a game  of whether or not you had fun on it.grindings not fun...said thing you grinded on to have fun suddenly amounts to nothing and its useless is EVEN MORE NOT FUN lol

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2011, 03:43:31 pm »
again saying invested, man, we are playing a game here, it should be about fun, not about counting how much time u spend on what part of it

You don't seem to see the difference between crpg and native. This is the wrong mod to talk about playing only for fun. We also like our dedication rewarded around these parts