Author Topic: (BAN REQUEST) The_Kock_Knocker  (Read 2680 times)

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • It isnt sufficient that I succeed-others must fail
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shadowren_ATS
Re: (BAN REQUEST) The_Kock_Knocker
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 10:12:30 pm »
So, According to what you're saying, If someone calls me an American Asshole, that's racism and should be banned?

1) Everyone know's Occitan are French Canadians and you don't lets Non-french speakers in.(I've heard, but there's truth in rumors)
2) He called you that after saying he was harassing people.
3) Therefore, he calls you french, which is what you are, and insults you for trying to make slanderous comments on him.

Racism?

Yes its called being Racist and I 100% agree with the ban.

Saying this to some one is 100% unacceptable (I have not team killed once you french fuck)

If some one says anything about Race,Religion, or sex it should be an auto ban.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Away with you, vile beggar.

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 10:30:09 pm »
Why the hell is there an issue about this already?  Racist speech (at least obvious racist speech, such as certain perjoratives against blacks) earn people mutes, warnings, kicks, and bans all the time.  If you're going to outlaw racism, outlaw it totally.  If you're thinking it's weird that an individual can be banned for just as long for making anti-French comments as they are for making anti-black comments, well...that's actually typical.  Either none of it is acceptable, or all of it.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 10:32:51 pm »
Wow, you french fucks are sensitive as fuck.

I'm french myself and I couldn't give less of a shit if someone said that to me.

Feels like you guys just feel like getting someone banned for a stupid reason right now, and not because you're genuinely offended, and if you are, I'm ashamed.

Offline Decurtius

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Decurtius
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 10:36:51 pm »
Shame is a relativism. You actually shame me. Now, either say something constructive, or accept the fact that by that display, you show no self-respect. Thanks for leaving this post to the ones who care Patricia.

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 10:38:38 pm »
After personally witnessing the event, I would say all parties involved may deserve a short ban or at least strong warning.

Yes Knocker intentional kicked one person which started this, and then was immediately TKED by arrowanie.  I warned everyone to stop the TKing and he was then Team wounded by Kap10, who i kicked for this.  After that the argument was continued in chat even after i told everyone the issue was resolved.

While I agree that knocker should not have said what he said and he did intentional kick and troll an occitain member, there never would have been an issue if multiple occitan people didn't decided to retaliate.

As for the Racism charge, all i have to say is how many times have we heard the term amerimy old friends without it being actionable...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 10:40:07 pm by Ganner »

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 10:39:41 pm »
Shame is a relativism. You actually shame me. Now, either say something constructive, or accept the fact that by that display, you show no self-respect. Thanks for leaving this post to the ones who care Patricia.

No self-respect? Oh okay, no clue where you got that from but whatever, doesn't change the fact that you guys are over emotive and sensitive as fuck.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 10:41:27 pm »
I shall lock the thread after Ganner posts his final decision in a definitive post. He is best qualified to make the final judgement as he witnessed it.

I think I shall also create a separate sticky called "Dustbin" to move OT posts to from now on...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Decurtius

• Knight
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Decurtius
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 10:41:59 pm »
I don't care about thoses considerations Patricia, now thanks for leaving what doesn't interest you to the others.

Offline Veto

• Knight
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • audio game enhancement
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: Tawp Shawt/King of Jam City/ Kadillac King
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 10:43:36 pm »
Using the country of your origin to describe you "the fuck" is racist? i thought racism had to be hurtful or derogatory? you know actually putting down the french, not just calling them french?? right?

he could of said "you stupid fuck"  or even "you red headed fuck" as he was just describing "the fuck" he was talking to. Ya know adjectives are cool cause they describe, not discriminate

Offline Goldwyn

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Captain_Crunch , Occitan_Captain_Crunchy , Occitan_Crispy_Crunch
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 10:43:52 pm »
This is not about emotions or how we are sensitive. This is about language diferences and that we want to keep our language alive in our community. Not because we are a minority we have to bow our heads to majoritys. We have our rights. Then we want to practice them without being unsulted by others who dont give a scumbag about others.

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2011, 10:45:42 pm »
After personally witnessing the event, I would say all parties involved may deserve a short ban or at least strong warning.

Yes Knocker intentional kicked one person which started this, and then was immediately TKED by arrowanie.  I warned everyone to stop the TKing and he was then Team wounded by Kap10, who i kicked for this.  After that the argument was continued in chat even after i told everyone the issue was resolved.

While I agree that knocker should not have said what he said and he did intentional kick and troll an occitain member, there never would have been an issue if multiple occitan people didn't decided to retaliate.

As for the Racism charge, all i have to say is how many times have we heard the term amerimy old friends without it being actionable...

This has nothing to do with tks, team wound or wtv, its all about we are tired of racist comments. It can be against americans or french or wtv, racist comments or insults have to stop! Actions need to be taken against racist offenders.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2011, 10:47:00 pm »
Yeah, in this situation i'd say it's best to just have the involved parties ignore one another. If he had used a racial or ethnic slur, then i'd be all for it. But yeah, sounds like this guy acted like an idiot, but this community would be a fraction of it's size if we banned all of the idiots in general. Being that both parties involved violated the rules, I don't really think a ban is required here.

Also, no one  in administrative positions are complaining about you using French in game. Now if someone was to complain,curse you out and tell you "speak English you -enter name here-", then you'd have a case for wanting to get them banned or kicked. But yeah in this case, adjectives and racial/ethnic slurs are not the same thing. In this case, the aforementioned adjective was used in a disrespectful way, but still not really racist.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 10:55:55 pm by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 10:48:52 pm »
This is not about emotions or how we are sensitive. This is about language diferences and that we want to keep our language alive in our community. Not because we are a minority we have to bow our heads to majoritys. We have our rights. Then we want to practice them without being unsulted by others who dont give a scumbag about others.

What the fuck are you saying, if you're trying to make a good point you're utterly failing, what does this have to do with KEEPING THE LANGUAGE ALIVE IN OUR COMMUNITY.

What the fuck am I reading, teamkilling back someone who kicked you is not a right you should have just because you're a french minority or some stupid bullshit.

When trying to prove a point or make a point, MAKING SENSE GOES A LONG WAY.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2011, 10:51:35 pm »

I will back this up personally. I personally do not find the term overly offensive or racist, but if the kicking/trolling/etc is true he should be punished/warned/watched for that. I feel the term french fuck is not racist, I am not saying it is not offensive, but it is not derogatory nor a racial slur.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Veto

• Knight
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • audio game enhancement
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: Tawp Shawt/King of Jam City/ Kadillac King
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2011, 10:51:42 pm »
Then we want to practice them without being unsulted by others who dont give a scumbag about others.

i don't give a scumbag what you want to do with your language, speak it in front of us and laugh all damn day. Occitan could of been the bigger men and not even acknowledge the troll. you cant say " what you say is against the rules, you should be banned" and then think "I'm gonna break the rules i want you banned on, and retaliate team kill you"