Author Topic: I love being a TUURRTTLE!!!!  (Read 9455 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: I love being a TUURRTTLE!!!!
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2011, 01:14:41 pm »
... Oooookay?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2011, 05:48:34 pm »
I'm confused...

Part of the reason why some shielders are the best is because even if their shields breaks they can still fight properly.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Henry_Broodsonson

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsfhny3oz3o
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2011, 06:03:40 pm »
+1
Hmm the greatest thing about shields? Moving in front of one of your teams horseman when they get sprawled, or your reloading xbowman when they are exposed and having a bolt or arrow thunk into your shield half a second later.

Those moments are always priceless.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2011, 06:07:27 pm »
I'm confused...

Part of the reason why some shielders are the best is because even if their shields breaks they can still fight properly.

that's what i'm trying to explain to xant... but we need some captions for that.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2011, 06:25:26 pm »
^ This. He's really good but definitely not the best shielder. Man O War or Balb come to my mind.

but mano is exactly the same kind of shielder than cy... actually i think cy is scarier with a shield than mano is with a shield... but both are scarier without shields.

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2011, 07:10:56 pm »
+1
yeah whatever... i saw him in a eu server with normal ping (80-100 if i'm not wrong...). nothing special... average to good shielder... but far from the pro shielders i listed.

actually when i played in EU vs you i had 100-120 ping , and you could only kill me with your friends around and you mauling me :p

Some people are so cocky :D

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2011, 07:25:45 pm »
actually when i played in EU vs you i had 100-120 ping , and you could only kill me with your friends around and you mauling me :p

Some people are so cocky :D

uhm its ages i don't maul... i'm using morningstar 24/7. you're wrong. all because i said you're average toward good but not BEST? wtf overwhelming ego...

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2011, 07:31:49 pm »
+1
It's okay everybody! You see, if anyone from EU actually admitted that people in NA have skills Europe would sink beneath the ocean. So you see, they have to deny it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2011, 08:24:05 pm »
It's okay everybody! You see, if anyone from EU actually admitted that people in NA have skills Europe would sink beneath the ocean. So you see, they have to deny it.

so "average to good" skill level is an offense? wtf?!? i consider myself an average 2hander... you yankees should really stop pumping the children's ego with bullshit... now i said balbaroth is average to good and he took it as an offense trying to show off some e-peen babbling some "blah blah you can only gank me with a maul..."

you're all but humble men...

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2011, 08:26:11 pm »
+2
I'm confused...

Liar, no shielder can manual block, it's a proven factual statement from the cRPG guide you get when you first download the mod.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2011, 08:39:27 pm »
Liar, no shielder can manual block, it's a proven factual statement from the cRPG guide you get when you first download the mod.

Siiem, what does the chicken say?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Player_01

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 27
  • Balls deep!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Former Union Knight (FUK)
  • Game nicks: Emperor_Loki, FUK_Loki_STF, Roseash
  • IRC nick: Player_01
« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2011, 08:46:02 pm »
+1

[Q,F,W] SHIELD WALL!
[Q,D,F] Defend the [F]lag!

Edit: [Q,D,F] Defend the [F]lag!
[Q,D,F] Defend the [F]lag! x5
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2011, 11:35:05 pm »
Steamrollllllll. Retired out of the ranged game at level 32 to go full on shield/1hand. I was getting incredibly sick of shooting at people/getting shot at, and there were already so many people playing that way. I'd hate to see cRPG get as bad as Native it terms of the sheer amount of people playing a ranged class, and the transition in a high range environment to something which can partially negate ranged attacks feels natural enough. I feel keeping what classes we play as a collective in some kind of relative balance is a good idea.

I tried to do this, but I just couldn't drop the crossbow. Too many horses and archers that I wished I could shoot down. I'll be lucky to get over 110wpf though.

so "average to good" skill level is an offense? wtf?!? i consider myself an average 2hander... you yankees should really stop pumping the children's ego with bullshit... now i said balbaroth is average to good and he took it as an offense trying to show off some e-peen babbling some "blah blah you can only gank me with a maul..."

you're all but humble men...

Maybe if you didn't add "yeah whatever, nothing special," you wouldn't seem so insulting?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 11:43:32 pm by Gristle »

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2011, 12:15:44 am »
Maybe if you didn't add "yeah whatever, nothing special," you wouldn't seem so insulting?

nothing special means nothing special... doesn't seems an offense to me. if someone impress me with his skill i say it. if someone doesn't why i have to say the opposite?

oh ffs let's give all the "best player medal" and settle this... seems people care more what other people thinks about em than just enjoy the game.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2011, 02:17:24 am »
nothing special means nothing special... doesn't seems an offense to me. if someone impress me with his skill i say it. if someone doesn't why i have to say the opposite?

oh ffs let's give all the "best player medal" and settle this... seems people care more what other people thinks about em than just enjoy the game.
OMG he doesn't think I'm the bestestest of the bestest and the GOD of this game! He is insulting me and my honour! Waah, waaah, waah!

Also this is the most lulzy discussion ever since nobody has mentioned Daergar. That man is a fucking boss battle!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia