Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 50796 times)

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #270 on: November 03, 2011, 11:50:17 am »
Question:
What's all "Origin is a SPYWARE OMFG" topics throughout the internet about ?
If they spot a pirate game on my pc am i going to go to jail or what ? (Of course i don't have any pirate games, just asking  :twisted:)
They gonna steal my music,pictures,work and credit card numbers ?
+
Mobile AA + Engineer Stinger spam = JOYKILLER for pilots , totally op and boring disguasting assholish fucked up etc....

edit:
Köfteci i tried SCAR-H , imo its fucked up i mean rate of fire and recoil is bad compared to AK-74U which is a default russian weapon.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 11:52:15 am by koyama »

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #271 on: November 03, 2011, 11:51:34 am »
Meh Scar-h is somewhat unreliable.... fucktons of recoil make is a slow killer at med-long range and 20 bullets is kinda blah.. and there are lots of other better guns for cqc (A-91 is a fucking beast in cqc).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 03, 2011, 12:01:18 pm »
Yeah but i was thinking about using 1 Shot mode and for long range mostly.

Arma II-ish style lolz Jk but yeah kinda.

Otherwise i just use the 1st Assault Weapon unlock. M4 something assault rifle with Bipod and Acog. Worked okay at Caspian Border while camping lol.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 03, 2011, 12:15:53 pm »
Yeah but i was thinking about using 1 Shot mode and for long range mostly.

Arma II-ish style lolz Jk but yeah kinda.

Otherwise i just use the 1st Assault Weapon unlock. M4 something assault rifle with Bipod and Acog. Worked okay at Caspian Border while camping lol.

Bipods are more for snipers and LMGs, atleast from my experience. Just get a good spot and spam that shit. Got over 200 kills on m249 just by having a good spot (corridors in metro, damavand and bazaar help too).
I'm using bipod on semiauto sniper rifles too, great for long range.

Think assault rifles and engi rifles are best up close and you dont need a bipod for that.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 12:17:58 pm by Vibe »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 03, 2011, 12:28:00 pm »
Bipods are more for snipers and LMGs, atleast from my experience. Just get a good spot and spam that shit. Got over 200 kills on m249 just by having a good spot (corridors in metro, damavand and bazaar help too).
I'm using bipod on semiauto sniper rifles too, great for long range.

Think assault rifles and engi rifles are best up close and you dont need a bipod for that.

Ofc lol. Got over 400 kills or so with 249 on Beta :P Sexy weapon with Extended Mag.

But i like different play styles and  meh. Btw what's the BIGGEST changes from Beta to Full Version of BF3?

Plus the fact that if Scar H was useable with bipod and acog with mines and Ammo Spec i could control a area with myself or alongside 1 buddy with preferably engineer class as well.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 12:29:12 pm by CountBerenger »

Offline Tyrell

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: Tyrell, Prince Aegon, Date_Masamune
« Reply #275 on: November 03, 2011, 07:19:19 pm »
+1
Question:
What's all "Origin is a SPYWARE OMFG" topics throughout the internet about ?
If they spot a pirate game on my pc am i going to go to jail or what ? (Of course i don't have any pirate games, just asking  :twisted:)
They gonna steal my music,pictures,work and credit card numbers ?
+
Mobile AA + Engineer Stinger spam = JOYKILLER for pilots , totally op and boring disguasting assholish fucked up etc....

edit:
Köfteci i tried SCAR-H , imo its fucked up i mean rate of fire and recoil is bad compared to AK-74U which is a default russian weapon.
In regards to http://imgur.com/a/AtXJH

"Yay. Conspiracies. So let's see what Origin really does, shall we?
If you hook process monitor onto Origin you will not see Origin scanning anything, independently of how long you use it. So what triggered the OP's screenshot?
Origin on installation will try to find games installed on your harddrive and automatically register them within Origin. It does that in a couple of different ways:
It reads the windows games registry
It looks for games in Program Files
It looks for games in ProgramData (where, for unknown reason the OP's SMS and tax software are storing the data instead of the user profile where that data should go!)
it reads the xfire config if it finds one for games
If you look at the screenshot closely you will see that it does not actually read any files. Instead it looks for their existence and recursively walks the directory. It does not read any of your files, at least not judging from this screenshot or anything I have found on my machine.
Lastly if you monitor the network traffic that Origin causes you will see that it does not transmit anything of value to EA. So far I have not seen anything bug login credentials being submitted.
But it's always so much more fun to assume that software is inherently evil. You can hook a syscall monitor on any application and you will see that it operates all over the drive. That's not something unique to Origin. Steam will do the same if you click the "add non steam game" button."
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

LIBERNATE

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 03, 2011, 07:37:15 pm »
In regards to http://imgur.com/a/AtXJH

"Yay. Conspiracies. So let's see what Origin really does, shall we?
If you hook process monitor onto Origin you will not see Origin scanning anything, independently of how long you use it. So what triggered the OP's screenshot?
Origin on installation will try to find games installed on your harddrive and automatically register them within Origin. It does that in a couple of different ways:
It reads the windows games registry
It looks for games in Program Files
It looks for games in ProgramData (where, for unknown reason the OP's SMS and tax software are storing the data instead of the user profile where that data should go!)
it reads the xfire config if it finds one for games
If you look at the screenshot closely you will see that it does not actually read any files. Instead it looks for their existence and recursively walks the directory. It does not read any of your files, at least not judging from this screenshot or anything I have found on my machine.
Lastly if you monitor the network traffic that Origin causes you will see that it does not transmit anything of value to EA. So far I have not seen anything bug login credentials being submitted.
But it's always so much more fun to assume that software is inherently evil. You can hook a syscall monitor on any application and you will see that it operates all over the drive. That's not something unique to Origin. Steam will do the same if you click the "add non steam game" button."

Very interesting :)

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #277 on: November 03, 2011, 08:28:45 pm »
All the Origin spyware BS is Activision propaganda  :wink:. A large part of the online gaming review business and forum communities are in the pockets of Activision.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #278 on: November 03, 2011, 11:02:08 pm »
None the less, it's better to be safe than sorry.

I am still going to be holding a gun to ORIGIN's head.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 04, 2011, 12:27:14 am »
(: Completed all co-op matches on hard (several times) and got me KH2002, MP412 REX, MP7 and  M39 EMR :D
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 12:50:31 am by Mtemtko »

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #280 on: November 04, 2011, 06:28:17 am »
(: Completed all co-op matches on hard (several times) and got me KH2002, MP412 REX, MP7 and  M39 EMR :D

wait you need to complete coop to get those guns?

I loved the Rex from Bad company 2
Just a soldier

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #281 on: November 04, 2011, 06:29:42 am »
I didn't quiet enjoy co-op. AI is really retarded on BF 3.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 04, 2011, 08:51:16 am »
I got problems getting rid of jets chasing me.. any tips? :P

I mean I can dodge well by using S-key in turns, but I just can't get behind a semi decent chaser then... The guy kept chasing me for the whole rush round, making us both useless... just pissed me off hard :D

ADDED: Bigass battlelog update! - http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#!/bf3/news/
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 11:21:42 am by Vibe »

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 04, 2011, 01:13:16 pm »
+1
I got problems getting rid of jets chasing me.. any tips? :P

I mean I can dodge well by using S-key in turns, but I just can't get behind a semi decent chaser then... The guy kept chasing me for the whole rush round, making us both useless... just pissed me off hard :D

ADDED: Bigass battlelog update! - http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#!/bf3/news/

Keep making turns with only S (slowdown) and shift+w(S+left, S+up S+ roll back Shift+W speed to the ground, etc), you really need to get the feel for it, once you master it, pretty much no one will be able to chase you down (so far only one guy managed to chase me down, one in like atleast 500) if you observe skilled pilots you should see that once they make a tight turn (chasing pilot loses him for a second) they make a really random turn(example tight turn to left side, down slightly then up suddenly) and lose the chaser pretty easily.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 04, 2011, 01:37:58 pm »
Keep making turns with only S (slowdown) and shift+w(S+left, S+up S+ roll back Shift+W speed to the ground, etc), you really need to get the feel for it, once you master it, pretty much no one will be able to chase you down (so far only one guy managed to chase me down, one in like atleast 500) if you observe skilled pilots you should see that once they make a tight turn (chasing pilot loses him for a second) they make a really random turn(example tight turn to left side, down slightly then up suddenly) and lose the chaser pretty easily.

Question, are you a skilled heli pilot as well? I wanna be Heli Gunner and thus gain Heli XP and upgrades. Really sucked bad being the pilot lol.

If so i need yer services for hire!