Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 50750 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #285 on: November 04, 2011, 01:39:50 pm »
It's so great to be a chopper gunner when you have a pro pilot... got a lot of heli points last time I flew with one.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 04, 2011, 01:45:58 pm »
It's so great to be a chopper gunner when you have a pro pilot... got a lot of heli points last time I flew with one.

Are you a pro Pilot and can helpz me when i come back? :33333
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 04, 2011, 01:52:09 pm »
Are you a pro Pilot and can helpz me when i come back? :33333

I guess I'm semi good... wouldn't really call myself a pro at anything.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 04, 2011, 01:58:11 pm »
I guess I'm semi good... wouldn't really call myself a pro at anything.

Gewd lets arm Choppah with C4 and then when its hp is low we crash down!

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #289 on: November 04, 2011, 02:13:54 pm »
Sure berenger, just add me: Mtemtko . I'm good with helis, but ALOT better with jets. Its just that I havent got alot heli stuff unlocked cause I always take jets (:D)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 02:16:43 pm by Mtemtko »

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #290 on: November 04, 2011, 05:27:32 pm »
I suck at both helis and jets

Mtemtko could you give me some heli tips and any other plane tips you have :D

Keep making turns with only S (slowdown) and shift+w(S+left, S+up S+ roll back Shift+W speed to the ground, etc), you really need to get the feel for it, once you master it, pretty much no one will be able to chase you down (so far only one guy managed to chase me down, one in like atleast 500) if you observe skilled pilots you should see that once they make a tight turn (chasing pilot loses him for a second) they make a really random turn(example tight turn to left side, down slightly then up suddenly) and lose the chaser pretty easily.

this was pretty helpful
Just a soldier

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 04, 2011, 08:31:31 pm »
Err I could talk about jets the whole day but I think the somewhat important things I havent mentioned yet are..:
While chasing an enemy when you lose sight of him after a loop or tight turn use the outside camera (C) and dont forget to spot when possible so you always see where he is at. Also using afterburner makes you visible (if someone is trying to find a plane)from afar, if youre in a hornet and in a sea map, flying 10meters above water and not using afterburner makes you practically invisible. Theres really alot to talk about.. like in hardcore mode extinguisher+air radar+guided missiles(or rocket pods)..are usually the best combo.
When seeing an enemy plane go down for a dive and youre in a position like this:
               I <enemy plane

/<you             

you can hit the breaks and take a tight turn right and youll be right behind him, this counts for almost every air fight situation, you can make almost instant turns at slow speeds and then use afterburner to catch up with whoever you are chasing.
When avoiding someone you can always use the sun to help you out abit by turning fast towards the sun and then suddenly into some random direction, you can counter someone doing this by spotting him.
You can also use the sun to strike, move towards the enemy in a position where he will only see the sun not you.
If youre behind someone and he is moving in a straight line you can use rocket pods (massive protip: in dogfights cannons ALWAYS>heatseeking missiles, dnt even bother using HS missiles for surprise attack) and then quickly switch to cannon, it will leave him confused but everything should be over in two seconds anyways. Remember your main objective is to disable the plane, if you disable it and he doesnt bail, make sure you do the finishing burst all in one, not slowly in small bursts since he is most likely bail out. Once you are able to aim your cannon fire well enough, it takes about two seconds and a half to take a plane from 100% to 0%(! not 50%) and about a second and a half with A-10s GAU-8 or Su-25s GSh-30-2.

In conquest if youre chasing an enemy jet and another one is chasing you, quickly move away to avoid fire from the one chasing you, killwhoring doesnt help you if youre going to get shot down 10 seconds later, if enemy jet is in perfect position to hit, remember you are too, if the pilot behind you is skilled abort and take some manouvers to get away.
EXTREMELY IMPORTANT You can spawn directly in a plane in the spawn menu, once a plane is spawned you get the option to spawn in it, click on the plane spawn quickly and press enter, if done correctly you are faster than someone waiting at the exact point of plane spawn. In beginning of the match if you dont see the jets to spawn it (if you load really quick), they spawn like 15-20 seconds before beginning of the match, and not instantly on server map load.
Also asking the team if someone could bring a stinger with them to keep the enemy planes busy isnt such a bad idea.
After a missile is flying towards you, wait a few seconds, if you know the location of the launch and have some experience you should be able to estimate how long it takes for the missile to reach you, your goal should be to get away from the combat area ASAP, drop flares as far away(a few seconds before the missile is about to hit you) as possible cause its possible that he locks again after the missile goes for your flares and if he gets a launch and youre close to him, youre pretty much screwed.

If someone really loves you and keeps locking on you, just get to high altitude and wait for him to launch the rocket, so you can see where he is at and make him regret bothering you.
If youre going in for a strike and if someone is locking on you infront of you, abort and make a tight turn cause flares dont protect you from an AA missile from infront.
And if you really cant find the source of the AA rockets, its most likely their attack heli, take it down since it has(can have) heatseeking missiles, if the heli has a skilled gunner(not driver) always attack from above and slow down as much as possible, you can take it out in a single run, youre really exposed during it so use afterburner ASAP after the attack. Hugging the ground is never a bad thing, but really makes you alot less efficent in striking ground forces, try to avoid middle altitude and fly extremely low (5-30meters, yes you might crash but once you master the plane, its worth it) or extremely high (900meters is max in caspian border for example)
I have yet flied with a friend as a wing-man, would be pretty devastating for the enemy team I guess.

TL;DR: Experience matters the most.

(I got called a cheater atleast 30 times so far now lol)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 08:54:13 pm by Mtemtko »

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
« Reply #292 on: November 04, 2011, 08:35:11 pm »
holy shit thats a big post...

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 04, 2011, 08:37:58 pm »
Helis seems the most nasty against Tanks and INF imo. Or when i played beta. All i've can judge with.

Also back to my former question.

BIGGEST CHANGES FROM BETA TO RETAIL BF3 THAT YOU KNOW OF?!

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 04, 2011, 08:40:10 pm »
Helis seems the most nasty against Tanks and INF imo. Or when i played beta. All i've can judge with.

Also back to my former question.

BIGGEST CHANGES FROM BETA TO RETAIL BF3 THAT YOU KNOW OF?!

stability, lag fixing, FUCKTONS of new guns, 64 players..

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 04, 2011, 08:45:26 pm »
stability, lag fixing, FUCKTONS of new guns, 64 players..

64 players was in Beta o.o But sounds great anyhow.

I hope i get my M1991 pistol though =(

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #296 on: November 04, 2011, 09:06:05 pm »
The problem is that as a starting noob I suck at flying and I have no flares so everything rapes meee

Same with heli, no god damn flares
Just a soldier

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 04, 2011, 09:08:15 pm »
The problem is that as a starting noob I suck at flying and I have no flares so everything rapes meee

Same with heli, no god damn flares

It takes like 8 kills(100 points each) for flares lol, just go in a rush server and take the fighter-bombers, each tank kill=400points. (each pass)

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 04, 2011, 09:09:08 pm »
Embarassing question though u who got BF3. And Offtopic.

Are you getting MW3 as well this tuesday? Cousin really wants it so might get it as well but. Anyone else who got BF3 who will also get it? Lol

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 04, 2011, 09:13:34 pm »
No, hell no, im not giving activision one more goddamn cent.Darned console my old friends, even the graphics are COMPLETELY the same as black ops's, they are getting lazier with each release.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 09:16:27 pm by Mtemtko »