Poll

WHO IS THE DEADLIEST WARRIOR OF THE TWO BUILDS?

30 strength/9 agility
9 strength/30 agility

Author Topic: WHO IS THE DEADLIEST WARRIOR?  (Read 3732 times)

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
Re: WHO IS THE DEADLIEST WARRIOR?
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2011, 08:21:32 pm »
because you kill people with strength, not dancing.
lol wtf dancing? r u serous you do not need to be strong to be able to kill someone.yes its a factor but it should not be THE ONLY factor.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline Bonze

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-Fagcher-Liberation-Front (AFLF)
  • Game nicks: King of FF bump
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2011, 09:14:28 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYJdywYiz3c

Vote for chocolate chip cookie waffen ss
Got no Balls? Play archer. Got no sex? Play horse archer.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2011, 09:28:14 pm »
lol wtf dancing? r u serous you do not need to be strong to be able to kill someone.yes its a factor but it should not be THE ONLY factor.

Agility is utility, strength is for actually doing stuff.
Why should someone with a ridiculous amount of strength be on equal footing in combat with some pansy that can't even use half of the weapons and armor?

TL;DR: dancing.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2011, 11:41:30 pm »
Agility is utility, strength is for actually doing stuff.
Why should someone with a ridiculous amount of strength be on equal footing in combat with some pansy that can't even use half of the weapons and armor?

TL;DR: dancing.
Both str and agility are dependent on muscles. A strong but not agile man is not a pansy, but neither is a man with less strength but loads of agility.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2011, 11:46:06 pm »
Both str and agility are dependent on muscles. A strong but not agile man is not a pansy, but neither is a man with less strength but loads of agility.

if only CRPG had a "thief" class that did x3 damage per backstab.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2011, 11:51:47 pm »
If you haven't gathered this yet, I'll explain it Snoozer.
Balanced builds = good
Strength based builds = good
Agility based builds = barely viable.

And nobody gives a fuck. "Why dancer should do damage? I don't get it" "He dance, he no do damage; this is good"
Basically the mentality is: An agility build can traverse ground and help teammates in a support or ninja function. Thus they are battle effective by being able to gank enemies faster and choose fights.
But if they ever encounter a strength build of equal skill they can't actually kill it. Yeah they can go places, but they can't do work when they get there.
The mentality of a large majority of players honestly believe that is a fair trade off.

As somebody who plays most of his time switching between a 30/9 character & a 12/30 character? It is pretty obvious which one is better. I can be distracted and not even be looking at my screen with my 30/9 and get a positive KDR. I almost exclusively run around in dresses and ridiculous clothing on my 30/9 and unless I am asleep my KDR is positive with it.
my 12/30 Character? If I put my entire focus in the game I can go 2:1 ratio. If I don't, I might break even, And keep in mind only 20% of these kills will be 1 v 1 fights or against someone who has full HP. If A stray arrow hits me from a longbow I will die in one hit. if I make a SINGLE MISTAKE I will die in one hit to any melee character. If i am distracted I will be 0 kills 2 deaths by the second round. It can be used almost exclusively for support and ninja-ing archers and that is 80% of said kills. It won't last in 1v1 melee fights.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 11:52:55 pm by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2011, 12:36:31 am »
If you haven't gathered this yet, I'll explain it Snoozer.
Balanced builds = good
Strength based builds = good
Agility based builds = barely viable.

And nobody gives a fuck. "Why dancer should do damage? I don't get it" "He dance, he no do damage; this is good"
Basically the mentality is: An agility build can traverse ground and help teammates in a support or ninja function. Thus they are battle effective by being able to gank enemies faster and choose fights.

whats this dancing shit lol? im always a balance build simply because all the weapons of the pole class i use require me to do so and to say a something "is supporting" means its nerfed i always loved how people tell me long maul is "a supportive weapon" <that is bullshit thats a sugar coating for its useless seeing how u need the team to protect you in order to use it (i cant say anything about great mail ive never used it but it seems more effective to me imo)

agility is therefore useless

^ty i do not get where the hates from saying i want to dance around i want agility to be a viable build choice not some useless thing that the only reason a melee class would use it for  is to "run away"

its said its viable for HA but is it??? u have 3 power draw and 3 horse archery so your in the same boat as infantry u cant do shit

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2011, 01:26:14 am »
shoulda gone to the extreme with this... 36/3 or 3/36. youd think it would be equally viable or worthless to max either stat... but youd be wrong! BUFF AGI!

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2011, 02:02:23 am »
-snip-
It won't last in 1v1 melee fights.
AND THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO POINT OUT!

YES the STR is better in melee, but in a straight up 1v1 the agi can still easily win by ranged and horse domination.

-snip-
its said its viable for HA but is it??? u have 3 power draw and 3 horse archery so your in the same boat as infantry u cant do shit
I say it is still viable for HA. You now can get piercing. But also remember the HC. The light xbow is only requirement 7!
Light xbow, 2x steel bolts and a mace, some HA, 7/8 riding and a plated charger and the STR build would still lose. Only way it could would be as a hoplite, but that would be the CLASS and not the build winning.

Rawr, the agi build can still win but only by being a complete douche.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2011, 02:07:12 am »
niether........because in a melee fight with cloth for armor. Agi wins nearly all the time. If it is heavy armor then str wins nearly all the time.

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2011, 03:17:27 am »
AND THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO POINT OUT!

YES the STR is better in melee, but in a straight up 1v1 the agi can still easily win by ranged and horse domination.
I say it is still viable for HA. You now can get piercing. But also remember the HC. The light xbow is only requirement 7!
Light xbow, 2x steel bolts and a mace, some HA, 7/8 riding and a plated charger and the STR build would still lose. Only way it could would be as a hoplite, but that would be the CLASS and not the build winning.

Rawr, the agi build can still win but only by being a complete douche.

you would only have 3 power draw and 3 horse riding i dont think you would be very accurate would you?

niether........because in a melee fight with cloth for armor. Agi wins nearly all the time. If it is heavy armor then str wins nearly all the time.
the ONLY requirement is the stats so everything is fare game and no doubt if your str you would be in heavy armor

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2011, 05:28:08 am »
No, god no. Huge misconception.
In cloth, strength builds are even better. They aren't slow in any ways.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2011, 05:29:47 am »
Yeah... a 36/3 12PS 11IF build wearing just robes and leather gauntlets, using a fast weapon like a HBS... You will not notice the wpf difference with good timing. Range is your only enemy really. One or two blocks and you can even catch a back peddler. Move on to a 30/9 build and you will do great if you know how to block.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 05:32:55 am by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2011, 05:31:14 am »
I don't notice the WPF Difference using my GLA and 0 wm

Offline Balton

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Divine Being
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Death God
  • Game nicks: GoD_Balton_the_Buff
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2011, 06:27:26 am »
+1
You are all basing the premise of the argument incorrectly.

These are all assuming equal skill:
In a 1v1 inf vs inf battle, does the STR heavy or AGI heavy build win? The STR heavy.
In a 1v1 cav vs cav battle, does the STR heavy or AGI heavy build win? The AGI heavy.
In a 1v1 archer vs archer battle, does the STR heavy or AGI heavy build win? The AGI heavy.
I haven't played xbow or throwing since all the changes, so I can't really say much about them.

But the way the game is currently designed, each 'class' does better by leaning towards the proper attribute to build around. It just so happens that for infantry, it's strength.
Wherever I tread, only chaos & destruction follow.