Poll

Is crpg balanced?

Yes
No

Author Topic: [POLL] CRPG is balanced  (Read 6412 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: [POLL] CRPG is balanced
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2011, 02:48:10 am »
What server is this that has usable cav maps are on 24/7? How does the cav player get top in a counterstrike map, especially archer box maps that force cav to dismount with stairs? Need to go play on this server.

Don't pretend as though cavalry isn't carrying ladders and riding right up them onto walls, houses, or whatever  :rolleyes:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Eyerra

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2011, 03:13:12 pm »
Well... It's as balanced as it gets, right? :|

I'm quite content the way things are.

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2011, 03:31:58 pm »
What server is this that has usable cav maps are on 24/7? How does the cav player get top in a counterstrike map, especially archer box maps that force cav to dismount with stairs? Need to go play on this server.

I assume you're playing on NA servers, as that's where Counterstrike maps are. EU ones are fine for cav.
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2011, 03:51:00 pm »
delete
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Offline Erika_Furudo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2011, 05:09:31 pm »
I haven't played on it for a while but; Eu4 - bt1 had random plains, or was it called random fields? About all the time up. I am not sure now though.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2011, 05:11:49 pm »
delete

yea that was way outta line man
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2011, 05:13:59 pm »
yea that was way outta line man

lmao, oh come on, you didnt even see what I wrote, and it wasn't anything nasty, just pointless, so I deleted it :)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2011, 05:16:40 pm »
lmao, oh come on, you didnt even see what I wrote, and it wasn't anything nasty, just pointless, so I deleted it :)

Oh, right, right  :wink:

I got your back man, don't worry about it. Didn't see nothing, nope.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2011, 05:56:22 pm »
The mod will always need some minor tweaks and fixes but i think it is well balanced overall
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Sean_Drew

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: no faction
  • Game nicks: my secret ;-) Only 4 chars now : 1h/shielder , 2h , xbower , archer. The other 25 chars are deleted.
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2011, 02:38:38 pm »
Sometimes i  ran through a rain of flying things in the air and think that throwing thing must not be nervt by less damage, if u are hit from a heavy throwing axe it should do much ouch , but in ammo ! throwing things should be used only in few situations. One should think twice to use it or to hold it to use it later .... maybe u shouldn´t be able to pick it up again ...

If someone uses maybe 2h and a pike against horses , he can use the 2 slots for 18 throwing knifes , or 8 heavy throwing axes that which breaks shields. If there are 50 people on each side , and half of them have throwing things in unused slots , lets say only 50 man with only 4 throwing things each at average , that are about 200 throwing things flying through the air , which u can pick up and throw again !

And i said only 4 on half of the man. On eu1 you have 100+ people much of the time ...

Shuriken 8 Ammo 1 Slot , war darts 7 ammo 1 slot , daggers 8 ammo .... and so on .... in 2 slots 14-16 ammo . 14 x 50 people ( half of eu1 ) = 700 throwing things flying through the air ...

Only turtles can survive this .... and only turtles with high shield points , which not breaks very fast.

Sry , for the bad english , i hope you understand what i want to say.

Short : Yes , a thwoing axe can kill u , with only 1 hit ( with medium armor ) , but must it be , that u can carry 12 of them and a shield and can pick them up again after kill , to kill the next ?
Throwing axes should be more limited , and other things too ... 1 per slot i would say is ok. You would think twice when to throw it. and then its ok , if u can pick it up again ... U would have 3 throws of deadly axe , with 3 slots. Enough i say ! YOu wouldn´t have 500 thwoing things fly through the air all the time. maybe only 150 ^^
Sorry , my english is bad ... ;-) I do my best :-)

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2011, 02:44:42 pm »
Now, I would say that the OP's description of "balanced" is correct. I also say that he is right...from that perspective. However, we're seeing too much throwing and a few other small issues. So as a whole, cRPG isn't 100% balanced, but thinking of it now, no game is. Nonetheless, cRPG, as a .212 (or so), is greatly balanced. Worth playing every class for the most part.
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2011, 02:58:23 pm »
Sometimes i  ran through a rain of flying things in the air and think that throwing thing must not be nervt by less damage, if u are hit from a heavy throwing axe it should do much ouch , but in ammo ! throwing things should be used only in few situations. One should think twice to use it or to hold it to use it later .... maybe u shouldn´t be able to pick it up again ...

If someone uses maybe 2h and a pike against horses , he can use the 2 slots for 18 throwing knifes , or 8 heavy throwing axes that which breaks shields. If there are 50 people on each side , and half of them have throwing things in unused slots , lets say only 50 man with only 4 throwing things each at average , that are about 200 throwing things flying through the air , which u can pick up and throw again !

And i said only 4 on half of the man. On eu1 you have 100+ people much of the time ...

Shuriken 8 Ammo 1 Slot , war darts 7 ammo 1 slot , daggers 8 ammo .... and so on .... in 2 slots 14-16 ammo . 14 x 50 people ( half of eu1 ) = 700 throwing things flying through the air ...

Only turtles can survive this .... and only turtles with high shield points , which not breaks very fast.

Sry , for the bad english , i hope you understand what i want to say.

Short : Yes , a thwoing axe can kill u , with only 1 hit ( with medium armor ) , but must it be , that u can carry 12 of them and a shield and can pick them up again after kill , to kill the next ?
Throwing axes should be more limited , and other things too ... 1 per slot i would say is ok. You would think twice when to throw it. and then its ok , if u can pick it up again ... U would have 3 throws of deadly axe , with 3 slots. Enough i say ! YOu wouldn´t have 500 thwoing things fly through the air all the time. maybe only 150 ^^

So a dedicated thrower would have 4 throwing axes, which would be able to MAYBE break ONE DEDICATED SHIELDERS SHIELD or MAYBE kill ONE TIN CAN..... Yeah imo your idea sucks the big one, maybe - 1 ammo from the higher tier, then if there were 100 dedicated throwers on a server the server would have 100 less high tier throwing weapons flying through the skies.

What you are asking for is to make throwers completely useless.

Also ninja edit, the weapons you're stating that have all this ammo are next to useless against anyone with real armor & are also hardly even used. Nerfing the lower tier throwing would just make the choice to go from War Darts or Daggars to Javelins that much easier.

In my opinion, you want to nerf THROWING?
MAKE A SHIELDER ALT, PLAY ON YOUR SHIELDER UNTIL EVERYONE ELSE ROLLS SHIELDERS AND THEN RANGED WEAPONRY BECOMES OBSOLETE AND EVERYONE WILL MOVE A LONG TO 2H/POLEARM OR CAVALRY.

C-rpg is the most balanced it's ever been, asking for nerfs and buffs on everything will only make it worse, it will not help. This game is skill based, use your brain, make a dedicated shielder and laugh at everyone with their crappy ranged weapons.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 03:05:17 pm by Memento_Mori »

Offline Sean_Drew

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: my secret ;-) Only 4 chars now : 1h/shielder , 2h , xbower , archer. The other 25 chars are deleted.
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2011, 03:12:55 pm »
What i ask is not to make throwers useless ....

What i aks is that a thwower get a little more balanced and get a melee weapon too. And not that he dies , in the moment he uses his melee weapon.

If one packs all points in throwing and focuses on it , and packs his back full of throwing axes .... its a really , really very hard enemy. Even with a heavy shield.

And without a shield .... death is guaranteed.

Whats so bad about kill one dedicated shielder , without him even come in melee range ? Or one tin can ? U can pick up the axes and walk on ....

But with 12 or 16 throwing axes .... man .... 3 of those in a row and its a machine gun, that kills everything in their way. No Shield is strong enough to get in melee range , in that fact , and when not even a shield turtle can reach them ..... who should reach them ????

Hm .... i think i start a new char ^^.... maybe a char with 16 heavy throwing axes !?!? ^^ What do i need ? 12 str rest agi ? ....

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2011, 03:37:45 pm »
Only turtles can survive this ....

Or Chinese people who use tactics.

I use no shield whatsoever. Before retirement, I used a Norman shield on my back for some situations. Nothing special.
So how do I survive? How come I rarely die to any ranged fire, but mostly some melee weapon? It's quite simple actually:

I don't charge like a maniac. I flank.

That's it.

And without a shield .... death is guaranteed.

Without tactics, death is guaranteed. Without shield, you can end up #1 as melee.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 03:39:46 pm by Tai Feng »

Offline Sean_Drew

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2011, 04:55:51 pm »
Ok .... its a litle to hard how i wrote about it .... but i think there are flying too many things around .... maybe im just not good enough ..... i learn ;-)

And whats a troll point ?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 04:59:32 pm by Sean_Drew »