Poll

Bows again determine type of damage, not arrows?

YES
89 (48.9%)
NO
93 (51.1%)

Total Members Voted: 181

Author Topic: (Stats) Bows again determine type of damage, not arrows?  (Read 6553 times)

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
Re: (Stats) Bows again determine type of damage, not arrows?
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2011, 09:55:06 pm »
People are never going to leave archery alone are they
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2011, 10:05:26 pm »
+3
Patch rebalances archery to be usable again.

People notice that more than the few die-hard vets are now playing archers

People complain about archer influx without acknolwedging the incredibly low population pre-patch.

People hate getting shot at ranged by anything

Mass influx of "archery was fine before" posts, still not acknowledging that the archer population pre-patch was abysmal (as the people who were making these posts prefer).

Constant posting of same issue over and over

Archery nerf, archer levels drop to next to nothing again, the cycle repeats.

I honestly wish that before one could comment on balance they had to show they had a basic grasp of the mechanics of the game, that will never happen so 2handers will constantly be at the forefront of archery balance for some mind-boggling reason.

Eh, such is life- i'll enjoy the enjoyable archery while it lasts then go back to xbow with everyone else if the "ranged is not CRPG" class gets its way and we see another round of massive nerfs.

Offline Youhou

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Youhou
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2011, 10:05:49 pm »
Im with 20/18 with 6 IF and using milanese plate and soon after start get shot to body by horse archer which takes 1/3 of my total health. Just too insane..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2011, 08:33:55 am »
Archery certainly hurts more then it did before.

So, it went from total op prejanuary,
To total shit afterwards,
constantly being balanced towards a useful state.

I suggest not buffing it anymore....not at all...might need a fix in terms of too high pierce damage...(?)

On the other hand......
As far as I know...Paul wants to change the randomness of soak / absorb that armor currently has.

Whenever this kicks in, heavy armor will finally be freaking worth every piece of gold!

So guys...just wait :-)

Paul will, by changing other things, fix this "issue".

Go go go paul!!!

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 185
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PK
  • Game nicks: PK_IncrediblySkillful, The Right arm of the guy with 13 PC's that is PK
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2011, 09:15:10 am »
+2
Making arrows choose the type of damage is a great step.
But it's totally imbalance right now... so...

We need a dramatic change.

• -bodkin arrows are unusable on horseback
  • -bodkin arrows "only" get 14 max amo, when non heirloom
  • -bodkin arrows, because having better arrow heads, are heavier than the normal ones, thus, increase weight of one stack to 3.5. (will also prevent faster running away, even if 0.5 or 1kg in total isn't much)
  • -lower rus bow speed rating by 1, to 58
  • -lower shitty bow's (aka difficulty from 1 to 4) accuracy by 1, to 95 and 96 for Tatar bow.
  • -(WSE) add a maximum amount of time you can "HOLD" the arrow, depending on str and/or PD. If an archer exceeds that time, he "looses" his arrow (dropped on the ground, no damage), and gets stunned(like being kicked) (aka : No more shotgunning archers, walking freely while holding the arrow, circling the ennemy shielder, and suddenly releasing the string, giving a free body hit, sometimes even a headshot... just silly)

To balance this bow "adjustment", nerf ALL xbow damage by 2.

TADDDAAAAA

(click to show/hide)

Before you read my rant, quite frankly, you're a twat.

Bodkins did do pierce damage in real life, due to needle-like arrowheads.

Having bows determine pierce or cut was rather silly. Longbows shouldn't just do pierce damage with any sort of arrow, as arrows such as barbed and tatar are designed to cut.

I am a ninja build; lamellar vest, black hood, khergit boots, 12 str and one IF. I don't have trouble with archers, so given by the aggressive tone of your whinge, I assume somebody can't dodge well.

As for your desire for a "crossbow nerf", this is ludicrous. Crossbows were nerfed hard with the latest patch. For the one-slot crossbow, accuracy decreased by eight, projectile speed decreased by around 5. Now, they are marginally accurate with 100 wpf.

The c-RPG arrows travel at a quarterfold of their realistic speed, and crossbow bolts have a similar ratio. (were launched faster than arrows due to the non-aerodynamic dimensions of the bolt)

I believe you just want these range nerfs to benefit your build. Selfish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Here in PK, we're better than you! And we know it.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2011, 07:45:56 pm »
Before you read my rant, quite frankly, you're a twat.

Bodkins did do pierce damage in real life, due to needle-like arrowheads.

Having bows determine pierce or cut was rather silly. Longbows shouldn't just do pierce damage with any sort of arrow, as arrows such as barbed and tatar are designed to cut.

I am a ninja build; lamellar vest, black hood, khergit boots, 12 str and one IF. I don't have trouble with archers, so given by the aggressive tone of your whinge, I assume somebody can't dodge well.

As for your desire for a "crossbow nerf", this is ludicrous. Crossbows were nerfed hard with the latest patch. For the one-slot crossbow, accuracy decreased by eight, projectile speed decreased by around 5. Now, they are marginally accurate with 100 wpf.

The c-RPG arrows travel at a quarterfold of their realistic speed, and crossbow bolts have a similar ratio. (were launched faster than arrows due to the non-aerodynamic dimensions of the bolt)

I believe you just want these range nerfs to benefit your build. Selfish.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Excellent post, from unknown player, who probably doesn't know that my main is an archer, with a x3 bow, and two different sets of loomed arrows.
And who probably was never shotgunned by an archer, because he didn't survive the cavalry. Let's not make stupid theory about the other, shall we ? This will get us nowhere. I can dodge arrow pretty fine at midrange, even if 3 different archers shoot at me. But i clearly can't slash one, since they can shotgun you at pointblank. I would love to post the excellent "l2p" remark, since you did the same to me, but i don't know you, and i'm not as rude as you, so i won't.

I specifically loled at the bolded parts of the text. The first one, because it has NOTHING to do with my post. I'm pretty please with the fact that it's now the arrows that tell what sort of damage it does. The other one, because they're all completely false.  :rolleyes:

Hope to shoot you down, if i ever see you. Unless you consider yourself as someone with way better dodging skills than Thomek, or others ninjas.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 07:47:17 pm by Bulzur »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2011, 07:50:17 pm »
"since they can shotgun you at pointblank."

Decent player dodge arrows at pointblank all the time. What's your ATH? Are you a low agi STR build, because if that's your problem you traded maneuverability for PS and IF and that was your choice. If you do have reasonable AGI then you just need to work on your archer dance because i watch aware 2handers run up on archers every round.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2011, 08:02:50 pm »
"since they can shotgun you at pointblank."

Decent player dodge arrows at pointblank all the time. What's your ATH? Are you a low agi STR build, because if that's your problem you traded maneuverability for PS and IF and that was your choice. If you do have reasonable AGI then you just need to work on your archer dance because i watch aware 2handers run up on archers every round.

Maybe Eu's archers are more decent then. :S Or maybe Na's 2h are more decent. One of thoses two, or maybe a bit of both.
I'm a strongninja build, 7athletics "only", but in low gear (lamellar armor). But everytime you start an attack, you're actually slow enough to be an easy target for decent archers. It's really not hard to do, i mean... even i can do it. And it's just so silly.

I saw "good" shotgunning archers, able to headshot a shielder with a rusbow in pointblank, after slightly turning around him while backpedaling, feinting one side, and releasing arrow after holding it for 4sec. When archers get a chance at killing shielders 1v1, something's not right.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2011, 08:04:34 pm »
+1
When archers get a chance at killing shielders 1v1, something's not right.

It means the shielder is an idiot for not "bumping" the archer first, or does not have a real shield/shield skill.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2011, 08:06:40 pm »
If I was cynic, I would say that many low skilled archers are defending their current OP situation, because some of them probably for the first time are making positive K:D.
And thanks to Jambi for being fair.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2011, 08:10:24 pm »
If I was cynic, I would say that many low skilled archers are defending their current OP situation, because some of them probably for the first time are making positive K:D.
And thanks to Jambi for being fair.

Everyone who disagrees with me has low skill. Ah the level of discussion on these forums.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2011, 08:22:50 pm »
It means the shielder is an idiot for not "bumping" the archer first, or does not have a real shield/shield skill.

Shielder is slower when holding his shield up than the archer is when aiming and keeping his arrow, and doing side steps. You know where this leads to ? Cause i do.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2011, 08:25:27 pm »
Nice to see that you recognized yourself in this sentence, a guy whom I've never seen or met.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2011, 08:25:51 pm »
+2
Shielder is slower when holding his shield up than the archer is when aiming and keeping his arrow, and doing side steps. You know where this leads to ? Cause i do.

You can turn your mouse and spin your character instantly, my sensitivity is maxed for a reason. A shielder with at least 5 ATHL will be able to advance faster then any archer can backpeddle while holding an arrow (which slows down the archer significantly) thus making it possible for a smart shielder to bite the bullet, take a few more seconds, and collide with the archer causing the archer stagger lose his arrow and open himself up for a slash.

If you don't do this as a shielder, start learning how do do it or get plugged.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2011, 08:29:09 pm »
Maybe Eu's archers are more decent then. :S

they have kesh and ToD.. nuff said.. we have elite archers who almost never miss..