Author Topic: Bannerbalance on official NA servers?  (Read 4283 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: Bannerbalance on official NA servers?
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 05:32:35 pm »
Sigh so much fail.

The balancer actually has 2 balancers working when banner balance is on.(I've Heard this from devs but can't quote the source, sorry)

What it does is you are balanced FIRST by you KDR that you see on the site below your name. Then it attempts to put all banners on the same team provided it doesn't break the KDR balancer.

Thus if you play siege 100% and never battle, your KDR is 0:0. If you play battle all the time you have a dynamic kdr(as every map it is changed, though generally not much). THis means that when it does the siege KDR balancer, you get swapped because of that.
(Note: Don't know if things have changed, but this is how it worked before)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 05:34:51 pm by Lt_Anders »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 05:36:38 pm »
+1
Then I guess starting a month or so ago, the KDRs of clans have significantly altered for I am noticing them being split up in larger chunks then normal. Before it was just one or two, but now it seems like a third or more is always on the other side.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline balbaroth

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2011, 05:47:41 pm »
Im not against Balance so to speak im against stupid and arbitrary balance , if i dont get spec after after the first round , im 95% against clans ALL THE TIME , because of my high KDR , you get the chance to play with 2-3 more of your clan mates ,

you think i enjoy fighting a bunch of people that has TS and full of heirlooms and archers\cav while im stuck with the pubbies getting slaughtered and rounds ending up 5-0 ( battle ) or 3-0 (siege attacker)

That is why the banner balance has to be removed until its get reworked

Banner balance should be renamed : Op balance

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2011, 05:53:24 pm »
Solution: use their banner XD
I feel ya though, this seems to happen a lot. Isn't actual ingame KD/R taken into account as well? I see people getting switched a lot when they're on top of the scoreboard.

Offline balbaroth

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2011, 05:59:29 pm »
I feel ya though, this seems to happen a lot. Isn't actual ingame KD/R taken into account as well? I see people getting switched a lot when they're on top of the scoreboard.

using their banner is just a workaround , you like putting the dust below the carpet ? i sure dont   

im most of the time on top of the board and i only get switched when someone on the other team with decent kdr goes spec or leave game

(after first round balance that is)

Edit : Oberyn, that is one sexy avatar!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 06:07:23 pm by balbaroth »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2011, 06:19:47 pm »

Rarely in battle. Once the Initial First round is done, small changes like that are very rare.
Siege on the other hand, yes it WILL throw you off.
(IE: Occitan was playing in full plate etc and just STOMPING in the Kills department. Then finally the game said ok you guys good, have fun and put all occitan and some other  vs a team that outnumbered them by close to 15 players, with DL on that Team. Occitan lost, pretty damn quick).

Also People aren't retiring, so the people who don't retire keep their KD's while those who Retire(or respec) get them reset back to 0. So I have propensity to be swapped as I hate the  lvl 31+ players and always retire while several clan mates are going for their lvl 35 builds.

Offline Panoply

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 10
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aristeia, Panoply, Pistachio
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2011, 06:33:20 pm »
+1
We are all here for the amusement of the almighty Autobalance.

Who are we to question its judgement? We must trust in its ultimate benevolence, or at least in its sense of humour, for it is not the place of our feeble minds to discern its intent. The Autobalance works in mysterious ways.

I implore you all to appease our seemingly fickle, but infinitely wise, Autobalance, by sacrificing peasants and stray horses. This thread serves only to anger its holy Balanceness... so guard well against its wrath...

"Teams are not fair enough to justify a multiplier."
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 09:18:27 pm by Panoply »

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2011, 08:44:52 pm »
Im not against Balance so to speak im against stupid and arbitrary balance , if i dont get spec after after the first round , im 95% against clans ALL THE TIME , because of my high KDR , you get the chance to play with 2-3 more of your clan mates ,

you think i enjoy fighting a bunch of people that has TS and full of heirlooms and archers\cav while im stuck with the pubbies getting slaughtered and rounds ending up 5-0 ( battle ) or 3-0 (siege attacker)

That is why the banner balance has to be removed until its get reworked

Banner balance should be renamed : Op balance

get a clan.  Banner balance is especially key for a game mode like siege that requires organization & teamwork.  Devs should not cater to pugs in a game & mode thats clearly teamwork based.

You're welcome to hop into our Vent since you wear Huscarl helm and mail armor.  And always fighting the uphill battles is probably what keeps you in tip top shape skill wise.

Offline balbaroth

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2011, 09:00:38 pm »
get a clan.  Banner balance is especially key for a game mode like siege that requires organization & teamwork.  Devs should not cater to pugs in a game & mode thats clearly teamwork based.

You're welcome to hop into our Vent since you wear Huscarl helm and mail armor.  And always fighting the uphill battles is probably what keeps you in tip top shape skill wise.

Digglez the public mode doesnt evolve around clans , what you said make perfect sense for Strategus tho 

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2011, 09:03:16 pm »
Digglez the public mode doesnt evolve around clans , what you said make perfect sense for Strategus tho

Yes, yes it does.  Any game mode that rewards a team based on its performance and requires 20+ ppl per team, revolves around clans.

If you dont want to play with a team or clan, go back to battle or DM/duel.

Offline balbaroth

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2011, 09:28:50 pm »

I think you assume that i dont want to play with a team, we always say this at my work : dont assume you make a ASS of U and ME 

In Siege i play as a team , but you cant do shit with pubbies when clans have TS and the armor weapons heirlooms advantage

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2011, 09:33:40 pm »
+1
thats what you get for being good.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2011, 10:42:31 pm »
I think you assume that i dont want to play with a team, we always say this at my work : dont assume you make a ASS of U and ME 

In Siege i play as a team , but you cant do shit with pubbies when clans have TS and the armor weapons heirlooms advantage

Pubs have heirlooms(you yourself are a pub).
But the TS, which auto balance can't take into effect, is the big difference between clans and pubs. Instant Communiction/ghosting/derision, blah where as pubs have to use in game.

(Oh that phrase is like EVERYWHERE. BTW balb, what's you KDR that the game shows underneath your character page. Mine is right now 5:16 cause i just retired.)

Offline balbaroth

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2011, 10:50:37 pm »
Pubs have heirlooms(you yourself are a pub).
But the TS, which auto balance can't take into effect, is the big difference between clans and pubs. Instant Communiction/ghosting/derision, blah where as pubs have to use in game.

(Oh that phrase is like EVERYWHERE. BTW balb, what's you KDR that the game shows underneath your character page. Mine is right now 5:16 cause i just retired.)

Anders we all knows that crpg have tons more dedicated players in clans than public ,  hence my comment about looms and massive players type : like cav or tons of range , 

Cant access my char page at my work  but im close to 4:1 kd as far as i remember :)

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2011, 11:04:23 pm »
The balancer actually has 2 balancers working when banner balance is on.(I've Heard this from devs but can't quote the source, sorry)

What it does is you are balanced FIRST by you KDR that you see on the site below your name. Then it attempts to put all banners on the same team provided it doesn't break the KDR balancer.

That would explain a lot actually.  Now I have performance anxiety  :shock:
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345