Author Topic: Footmen, and their incredible stupid hateful feelings towards friendly horses  (Read 4758 times)

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
I agree that person accusing you of killstealing is just idiotic, but I dont feel that is what the thread is about really.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
Said once by myself, and a couple of times by kongxinga, it's also the friendly infantries responsibility to not get bumped as much as it's the friendly cavalrymans to not bump them, if both arent doing so then obviously somone is going to get bumped, but even if you're extremely careful as cavalry, some situation mean you might have to accidently bump teammates.

For instance, you've been fighting off enemy lancers who would make easy 1 hit prey of your teams infantry, so instead of letting them harvest the kills you decide to face them lance v lance, problem is if you've got less lancers on your side or the lancers on your side die before you, it usually turns into a situation of 2 or more lancers trying to kill just me. When this occurs I need alot of space to ride and dodge then counter attack and such, if team infantry can't see I'm in trouble and still decide to walk infront of me without bothering to look, do you really want me to stop and get lanced just so you don't take [] damage from a bump?

I go infantry half the time and I don't use my horse all the time, and there have been many times where I've dodged friendly cavalry myself, if I can, I'm sure most of the whiners in this thread can.
No this isn't "trolling" this is fact. Sometimes people obviously troll, other times we share a story or two and still get called a troll. Everytime something controversial is said critisizing anothers actions, it does not make it an instant troll.

The word "troll" is annoying and people use it too much here.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 02:02:13 pm by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Most situations that cause rage about friendly cav involve Cav interfering in fights between Infantry, I suspect. The problem with this is that it is much, much harder for the infantry to react to the cav in that situation. The burden of responsibility is on the cavalry's head in that situation, as he has the choice of whether or not to engage.

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Murmillus_prime: ironicly, you did troll when you started to talk about us as whiners. Up to that point you werent.

I agree that you cant always watch out for the infantery, but some cavalry dont even care to do that when theyre charging toward the infantery in question. This is what people have described, and what is a problem.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
Murmillus_prime: ironicly, you did troll when you started to talk about us as whiners. Up to that point you werent.

I agree that you cant always watch out for the infantery, but some cavalry dont even care to do that when theyre charging toward the infantery in question. This is what people have described, and what is a problem.

I didn't troll! Would you like me to rephrase, "whiners" so that it isn't "trolling". Or does critisizing anyone mean I'm "trolling".

I know it's wikipedia, but these are the first lines that described trolling.

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2] In addition to the offending poster, the noun troll can also refer to the provocative message itself, as in "that was an excellent troll you posted".

I stayed within context of this topic, I did not call anyone out, or intend to start an argument, how am I a troll?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 02:15:55 pm by Murmillus_Prime »

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
by making an offtopic comment that was ment to provoke.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
by making an offtopic comment that was ment to provoke.

So saying people whine about being bumped when they can't be bothered to try and avoid being bumped themselves is off topic? Or people accusing others of being troll in this thread previously means I spoke out of context when sharing my opinions about the use of the word troll and how and when it's used?

As far as I'm concerned calling people trolls all the time is a form of trolling especially if the targeted 'troll' has only been guilty of sharing an opinion others may not agree with. It could be said you trolled me by calling me a troll.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 02:23:18 pm by Murmillus_Prime »

Offline Lamix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Quite a funny thing this thread, you can't blame infantry for your greed, I've NEVER been saved by any horsemen with a lance, the only time I've had help from cav is from 1hander.
The amount of times I've been tk'd by greedy cav is unbelievable and I'm not talking about knocking me over and letting the enemy kill me, I'm talking about couching me in the ass I've been in a mass melee with 4-5 on me and still been couched by my own team, best thing you can do to help me, stay away.

Oh by the way I tell a lie when I say I've never been saved, was actually saved yesterday.

The story goes, I just started a brand new char, was 3-3stats with a practice sword. I got into a fight with 2 other players me managing to block like a manic for some time untill the enemy cav came along and wanted to Save them from such a horrible threat, the first pass he totally missed everyone the second pass he managed to couch his own teammate that was nowhere near me, the third pass he managed to couch his second teammate, and then i ran off and survived the round.

Just don't, I repeat Don't lance into melee combat.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 02:36:18 pm by Lamix »

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
Quite a funny thing this thread, you can't blame infantry for your greed, I've NEVER been saved by any horsemen with a lance, the only time I've had help from cav is from 1hander.
The amount of times I've been tk'd by greedy cav is unbelievable and I'm not talking about knocking me over and letting the enemy kill me, I'm talking about couching me in the ass I've been in a mass melee with 4-5 on me and still been couched by my own team, best thing you can do to help me, stay away.

Oh by the way I tell a lie when I say I've never been saved, was actually saved yesterday.

The story goes, I just started a brand new char, was 3-3stats with a practice sword. I got into a fight with 2 other players me managing to block like a manic for some time untill the enemy cav came along and wanted to Save them from such a horrible threat, the first pass he totally missed everyone the second pass he managed to couch his own teammate that was nowhere near me, the third pass he managed to couch his second teammate, and then i ran off and survived the round.

Just don't, I repeat Don't lance into melee combat.

Lancing and couch lancing are different matters. Couch lancing is harder to control and thus should never be used to help a team mate who's already engaged in melee, however a precise lance jab is always a help to a team mate in melee, and I've helped many people this way, (or sometimes helped myself to a kill, if I'm going to be completley honest), and I help many more than I ever do accidently tk. However I completley agree that couch lancers shouldn't engage enemy targets in a close proximity to an ally, I've been teamkilled many times by Turks who do this on my team.

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
The reason why infantry hates allied horses is because allied horsemen do more damage than help.

Now that horses bump allies we actually see how many newbie horsemen are around. And selfish horsemen. Rarely do I see a horseman who will properly bump the guy I'm fighting with, after which I easily hit knocked down target. Allied horsemen I have experience with usually pretend I don't exist and just bump me over and over. Record is 3 consecutive bumps on me and *none* on just guy I'm fighting with.

Most of the times, if I treated allied horsemen as enemy I'd fare much better.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 07:52:44 pm by Tai Feng »
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
There are good cav players and bad ones, just as archers, as melee infantry as any other weapon type user, there will be noobs and less skilled players in all classes, give these players a chance to get better, they're probably trying to be as good as better cavalry but they're rusty because they haven't been cav as long as some of the good players. When archers could fire faster there were more archers and I remember everyone whinging about them tking all the time, basically same thing is happening with cav now.

Offline Philosiraptor

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
  • Scrubnerdbasementlord
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phoenix Company MurderBoner GoD
  • Game nicks: Philosiraptor_PxC; Thousands of alts..Just call me mike :D
  • IRC nick: Philo
Anybody else read the book "Brave New World" and wonder why they left in the first place?

Anders you have a fucking ban thread every day it seems, you lead a sad life my friend. Ban threads are the cancer that kill this mod.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
If I am on my cavalry guy I rarely ever bump my team mates, most of the occasions I do is when I am fighting other cavalry and I am required to keep my screen facing them whilst my horse is turning and I can't actually see the guy I'm about to bump, which is still very uncommon.

Sometimes it happens because I am riding fast through a tight location and a team mate pops out from no where, or he suddenly strafes infront of me as I am passing through a gap, but I rarely, very rarely, ever bump team mates who are in combat, if I can't get a clean hit on the enemy with my longsword, I will just simply keep bumping the enemy over until my team mate finishes him off or he dies from bumps lol.

It's the greedy cavalry guys who storm through their team mates to try and get kills that give me and other decent team playing cav a bad name.

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
Anybody else read the book "Brave New World" and wonder why they left in the first place?

Some men just want to watch the world burn, and horsebump their teammates.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
+1
This is a Finished thread. It is automatically devoid of worth or reason. That is all.