Author Topic: Can someone clarify something about PT/wpf please?  (Read 3414 times)

Offline Crob28

• Count
  • Renown: 247
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Can someone clarify something about PT/wpf please?
« on: September 23, 2011, 09:30:06 pm »
So i'm looking to add a lil throwing to my shielder build to give me more options against cav/archers and I was wondering how exactly the wpf requirements work, specifically I was wondering if the requirement for wpf applies to the PT need of the item used or the PT of my actual character?

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: Can someone clarify something about PT/wpf please?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 02:44:22 pm »
The PT of your actual character. Also it is the wpf after penalty from armour weight.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Crob28

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 05:28:10 pm »
hmm that sorta sucks, going to have to rethink my build now and i'm halfway to 32..  :? think i can prob risk 4-5 PT in mid armor with 95 wpf but I dont see why it should be based on char skill..

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 05:59:26 pm »
hmm that sorta sucks, going to have to rethink my build now and i'm halfway to 32..  :? think i can prob risk 4-5 PT in mid armor with 95 wpf but I dont see why it should be based on char skill..
Main reason. PT 13 and throwing stones (or wardarts). You beginning to get a clue?

Still, mid armour shouldn't be that bad with 4PT and 95 wpf. But 5 might be too much. Also having light helmet really helps to lower the wpf penalty (cause of the x3 in weight calculation). And if you ever want to go heavy, no problem really. What happens is that your PT is lowered to what you have wpf for, so you can still use the PT 1/2. With less damage of course, or you could just drop the throwing part completely when you want to go tincan.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Crob28

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 09:46:14 pm »
yea i understand that, i guess i was just looking at it from a more realistic sorta view in my head, like if i'm running round happily with 4 PT and using throwing spears with my current build and then I put one more point into PT and I suddenly "forget" how to use the spears it doesnt make sense to me... I get that its done in the name of balance but somehow it just seems strange to me.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 10:40:38 pm »
+1
yea i understand that, i guess i was just looking at it from a more realistic sorta view in my head, like if i'm running round happily with 4 PT and using throwing spears with my current build and then I put one more point into PT and I suddenly "forget" how to use the spears it doesnt make sense to me... I get that its done in the name of balance but somehow it just seems strange to me.
no no no. You still can use throwing spears. It takes it down to what you have enough wpf for. So if you have wpf enough for PT5 but not PT6, then you will only have PT5 ingame. Taking of armour or increasing your wpf enough to let you be able to have PT6 would then let you use any PT6 required weapons.

Offline Crob28

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 10:51:55 pm »
ahhhh ok that makes more sense then, in fact that seems like a pretty good solution lol, thanks for clearing that up for me  :P

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 11:03:29 pm »
ahhhh ok that makes more sense then, in fact that seems like a pretty good solution lol, thanks for clearing that up for me  :P
No problem. If you need something explained, I'm your man!

Offline Harrys Oil Can

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 05:19:24 pm »
I use medium to light armor as 1h/shield and thrower with 5pt and 100wpf. I have no problems with weight and proficiency.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 10:46:51 pm »
I use medium to light armor as 1h/shield and thrower with 5pt and 100wpf. I have no problems with weight and proficiency.
And you shouldn't. 5pt is actually quite low and 100 wpf middle ammount. I think you can even go a bit higher PT or Armour without having to fear any penalty.

Offline Winterly

• Count
  • Renown: 230
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • I play with Quiet Mode On.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 05:55:41 am »
The PT of your actual character. Also it is the wpf after penalty from armour weight.

Could you tell me more about the penalty from armor weight?  I'm looking to go into archery next after my first generation...would a light kuyak hinder my arrow firing significantly? I think it's a very minimal armor as it is but most dedicated archers I've seen are only wearing cloth.  Thanks!
Winterly's Stuff(selling Courser/buying head and foot armor)
I love how most EU players insert an imaginary "f" into my name: Winterfly.
"Life is kind of like peeing into the snow in a dark winter night, you probably made a difference, but it's really hard to tell" - Joe Wong

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 07:05:02 pm »
Could you tell me more about the penalty from armor weight?  I'm looking to go into archery next after my first generation...would a light kuyak hinder my arrow firing significantly? I think it's a very minimal armor as it is but most dedicated archers I've seen are only wearing cloth.  Thanks!
Use the search function. There are LOADS of threads with the same question and most of them have an answer already. I CBA to do it now.

As for the Light Kuyak. It is heavy enough to give you a penalty and decrease your accuracy, but it's not heavy enough to lower it THAT much. If you got more wpf than you NEED (relative to PD) then you will be fine. It's only a problem if you have maxed out your PD according to wpf aka doing as much damage without caring for accuracy. But really, you should be fine. As long as you don't get the message "you don't have enough wpf to bla bla bla" then you should still do max damage. Accuracy might drop a bit, but since I don't know your build that should be up fo you to decide. Sometimes the extra armour is worth the sacrifice, other times it's not.

Also, pilgrim hood with the kuyak. Looks so badass ;D

Offline Winterly

• Count
  • Renown: 230
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • I play with Quiet Mode On.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2011, 09:03:24 pm »
Use the search function. There are LOADS of threads with the same question and most of them have an answer already. I CBA to do it now.

As for the Light Kuyak. It is heavy enough to give you a penalty and decrease your accuracy, but it's not heavy enough to lower it THAT much. If you got more wpf than you NEED (relative to PD) then you will be fine. It's only a problem if you have maxed out your PD according to wpf aka doing as much damage without caring for accuracy. But really, you should be fine. As long as you don't get the message "you don't have enough wpf to bla bla bla" then you should still do max damage. Accuracy might drop a bit, but since I don't know your build that should be up fo you to decide. Sometimes the extra armour is worth the sacrifice, other times it's not.

Also, pilgrim hood with the kuyak. Looks so badass ;D

Thanks a lot xD A tried "Armor Penalty" under search but only this thread came up...Could you possibly direct me?

PS:I'm thinking of going 6 PD, 7 WM, and 145 WPF...
Winterly's Stuff(selling Courser/buying head and foot armor)
I love how most EU players insert an imaginary "f" into my name: Winterfly.
"Life is kind of like peeing into the snow in a dark winter night, you probably made a difference, but it's really hard to tell" - Joe Wong

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2011, 11:43:06 pm »
Thanks a lot xD A tried "Armor Penalty" under search but only this thread came up...Could you possibly direct me?

PS:I'm thinking of going 6 PD, 7 WM, and 145 WPF...
Try archery weight or something. Also check out the peasnat/new player guide in the guide section (carefully hidden as subboard to beginners help and guides).

Offline Bashere

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lyrical_Genius
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2011, 02:15:37 pm »
Wait lemme get this straight. So if I have pt 7 and wear armor that says my wpf is too low when i log in but it is still high enough for me to use heavy axes, i am only doing damage as a pt 5-6 or whatever it is lowered to? My pt 7 is not being utilized fully?