Author Topic: 2h agility (ninja) - is it worth to play?  (Read 3561 times)

Offline Aymeric

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: 2h agility (ninja) - is it worth to play?
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 11:17:26 am »
i have no clue about ninja.
all i can say is khorin is one of the best / more annoying players ( depending if you have it on your side or not lol ) i ve seen.
When i kill him it s like a big victory for me, but it doesnt happen too much lol.

When on my horse and i see him coming towards me, i have to recognize i generally change direction.

And one day i was in a "duel" with him, and it was not a duel, it was a rape....

So all i can say is NINJA yes, but with the spirit of the ninja described by Khorin.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 01:19:38 pm »
Khorin is a sucky ninja, but his ridiculous combat skills make up for his enormous aggresiveness and suicidalness. Don't try to mimick how Khorin plays, cause you'll die.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 02:09:14 pm »
My favourite setup is a semi-ninja, I have armour in case I need it but i generally go round in a robe and straw hat. I struggle vs shielders but most people I'll do damage to, I'm not great at blocking so speed seemed the way to help this since I can hit faster and move in and out of enemy range. It has varying levels of effectiveness though.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 02:22:25 pm »
My favourite setup is a semi-ninja, I have armour in case I need it but i generally go round in a robe and straw hat. I struggle vs shielders but most people I'll do damage to, I'm not great at blocking so speed seemed the way to help this since I can hit faster and move in and out of enemy range. It has varying levels of effectiveness though.
Katana is fantastic versus shielders, just get your blocking up to snuff, facehug and feint and do hold attacks.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2011, 02:27:36 pm »
Katana is fantastic versus shielders, just get your blocking up to snuff, facehug and feint and do hold attacks.

Well my tactic was to outspeed their counterattacks which worked relatively well, but since the patch (I may be imagining it) I seem slower.

Definately working on my feinting though.

Offline Mihilist

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HeyZeus, Steppe, Just1Hand
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2011, 01:06:52 am »
I have realised that this build isn't that effective. Should I reroll for a 2h str build? Or should I keep trying?

I'm not a ninja but run a higher agility build than most of the STR dominated 2 handers.  At level 30 I have 6PS, 7Ath, and 6WM and am 18/21.  My last gen at 31 I did 21/21 with 1 more point into PS, didn't seem to make a huge difference so might go with 8 Ath this time around when I hit 31.

The higher athletics gives you the option to choose your battles to a much higher degree and you need to make those choices a bit more carefully.  Whether intentional or not I seem to play like a cav without a horse.  I largely support other teammates in combat rather than getting involved in 1on1.  The additional closing speed lets me run across a field and help a teammate or probably from his perspective, steal his kill.

Also, I really can't say enough for having a bit more jumping distance -- you can really surprise some one  that's not accustomed to some one able to jump further/higher than themselves.