Author Topic: Version 0.241  (Read 79263 times)

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Re: Version 0.241
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2011, 07:11:37 am »
Some questions...longbow and all other bows got cut damage now, right? But, if you use bodkins, how does the damage count? Its cut with partially pierce? And more importantly, if i get HSed byt lets say longbow with bodkins and tatars, will the difference be noticeable? Most horse archers dont hurt much now, but some others got me to half hp in one bodyshot, i am confused how the dmg is counted now...

About the bouncey bouncey, took me few rounds to get used to it, TKed a lot while at it, but if you really try to play carefully and cooperate with someone around you, its quite good actually :) Feels somewhat more enjoyable when i have to pay attention more to my teammates around me. Even tho the hitboxes seem fucked up time from time, which ruins this ...

Cav: god damnit, finally i decided to go cav build to enjoy the formulas and shit, and just before i reach lvl high enough for 5 riding you change the requirements on horses...luckily at least destrier is still useable for me, even tho it took me 800k XP to be able to ride that bitch. Armored horses are fun, but i think at least plated charger should have higher req., and its gonna get some time to get used to what horses can i whistle for without walking away on feet again  :mrgreen:

Overall, only problem i have with this patch is that my friend is getting the Character belongs to someone else error, we met after like 2 weeks to play together and we couldnt fix this :S I asked on IRC, but he started reinstalling and as steam was full of cheapskates getting their free Portals, he was getting the overloaded message :( Hope he wont have this problem again today, if so, i will be a sad panda :(

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2011, 07:33:30 am »
+1
these days everything bounces... hey we need to  make arrows bounce too :P

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2011, 08:02:37 am »
+1
Why not? 357% of the suggestion/game balance threads do.
Only because people follow since thousands of years a flawed logic or some kind of believe system which is in several ways just EXAGGERATING cavemen superstitions, doesn't conclude we need to go on like that till the dawn of time. If it makes them happy sure, but keep it to yourself and don't impose it. By the logic you suggest, we all should just pull all our crap onto each other doesn't matter anyways.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2011, 09:38:19 am »
2hers didnt get touched.... xD

Some ppl. seem to be new to this mod.

Good changes that have been made!

Keep the good work up!

Archers potentialy do too much dmg with bodkin(g)s though.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2011, 09:50:28 am »

Archers potentialy do too much dmg with bodkin(g)s though.

Erm....no?

Maybe the rusbow does then, but other bows not, especially not the longbow.

The rusbow has always been overpowered, patch after patch and meanwhile I've given up hope that they finally balance it one day....

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2011, 10:51:07 am »
The rusbow has always been overpowered, patch after patch and meanwhile I've given up hope that they finally balance it one day....

:lol:

Long bow and Horn Bow was the best bows bows pre-patch, now the strongest ones are Horn Bow and Rus Bow. Rus Bow hasn't been overpowered all the time, like you say.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2011, 10:57:43 am »
Gurnisson, I'm archer for ages now ;)

I know what I'm talking about.

The rusbow was still the best bow. High damage and very fast. Now with the new stuff it will also get piercedamage, which makes it even better...

I tested it a few times with the last patches. I could get alot more kills with an unloomed warbow than with my mw longbow.... :rolleyes:

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2011, 11:21:33 am »
the long bow falls behind more now, since every bow can have pierce now.
rus bow has 2 dmg less, but way more speed + u can run faster (weight).

Offline Danath

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2011, 11:30:24 am »
-Wierd horse skills
-Palfrey still a retarded choice over Rouncey (Palfrey = pay more to die more. And it's now only 1 speed more than Rouncey but less armor and health than Rouncey. No one with a brain will pick Palfrey.
-High horse skill for the maneuverable horses? Purpose? Make it harder for HA?
-6 Skill for courser means more tank horses out to play like the 5 skill horses such as (now Destrier) and other tank horses. Mission accomplished if that was the goal
-You have made 4 skill riding a pointless stage. Either go 3 or 5. Previously 4 let you ride Destrier and Courser, now you have that slow steppe horse (I assume for HA low on skill points?)

+Left ROuncey at 3 skill for the poor bastards that only have 3 horse riding :) (not me I have 4, and can make it 5)
+On making archers a more usable class. They were utter, utter shit after the peirce to cut damage nerf. Least now theres one arrow type with peirce. Only the longbow was decent, but took so long very few did it. Sure archers are annoying but no archers is kind of "wrong". +1 (PS not 100% I am not talking shit on this point I havent followed archery after I made an archer 2 months ago realised how nerfed it was and stopped it)

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2011, 11:52:10 am »
Please dear devs do something about the aiming with bows...with a longbow it's very hard to aim now because your reticule grows immediately after it's small....and yes, I have enough pd and wm so it shouldn't happen

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2011, 01:04:54 pm »
Please dear devs do something about the aiming with bows...with a longbow it's very hard to aim now because your reticule grows immediately after it's small....and yes, I have enough pd and wm so it shouldn't happen
The more PD u have to more inaccurate ur going to be...u should know that by now.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #161 on: September 21, 2011, 01:23:16 pm »
The more PD u have to more inaccurate ur going to be...u should know that by now.

Re-read what he said, he isn't saying anything about the accuracy he has, which is effected by power draw, he is saying that the reticle doesn't stay at it's sweet spot for very long (it quite literally touches it and goes in my case with 6PD, minimum but it was always enough pre-patch) and it means that you have no time to get a decent shot off due to the fact that by the time you let go of the mouse button to even fire the bow, you've missed the sweet spot due to the delay of the bow firing. No matter how early you let go, even if you literally just click and release to draw the bow back, the sweet spot is missed.

I have to say that my findings back up what Gisbert has said here, having gotten over 3 years of bowmen experience between us, i'm pretty sure that something is amiss (no pun intended) although it's still perfectly viable to kill happily, it's just the fact that you can't make half decent mid range shots effectively without increasing the randomness that actually comes with firing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #162 on: September 21, 2011, 01:30:31 pm »

YES BUFF RANGED!
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 21, 2011, 01:31:35 pm »

I know that powerdraw has an effect on accuracy....do you consider me stupid?

There is a reason why I have 8 wm ;)  I now have 7 pd and the accuracy is still the same as with 6 pd, due to my high wpf.

But as Tenne said I'm talking about the moment when your reticule is small and starts growing immediately. Don't know if it came with this patch or the one before, but usually you had a sec or 2 to aim with your longbow before shooting.
I don't know how it was with other bows as I'm using the longbow since heirloom respec, but it's not how it was....Longbow is slower than other bows etc etc blabla, but it should at least be possible to aim a sec longer when you need 2 or 3 secs more than with other bows to draw it

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #164 on: September 21, 2011, 02:01:05 pm »

I know that powerdraw has an effect on accuracy....do you consider me stupid?

There is a reason why I have 8 wm ;)  I now have 7 pd and the accuracy is still the same as with 6 pd, due to my high wpf.

But as Tenne said I'm talking about the moment when your reticule is small and starts growing immediately. Don't know if it came with this patch or the one before, but usually you had a sec or 2 to aim with your longbow before shooting.
I don't know how it was with other bows as I'm using the longbow since heirloom respec, but it's not how it was....Longbow is slower than other bows etc etc blabla, but it should at least be possible to aim a sec longer when you need 2 or 3 secs more than with other bows to draw it

With playing around with the other bows each patch for comparison, they had less time at the sweet spot but were actually able to release at the given point where they were supposed to, the longbow appeared to have an increased sweet spot time due to the fact that there was the delay in firing, now the sweet spot time appears to have been reduced thus meaning that the release delay takes you past the perfect firing time decreasing your "real value accuracy".

Now off to my lecture, enough writing in the forums for now...

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are