Author Topic: End this STR madness  (Read 17442 times)

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
Re: End this STR madness
« Reply #240 on: October 19, 2011, 09:20:50 pm »
early cRPG character - stated weapon speed bonus for agility.

Try addressing the relevant points though.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 19, 2011, 11:07:08 pm »
THERE WAS NEVER BONUS WEAPON SPEED FROM AGI.
Do you mean in cRPG, cause there was in some Mount & Blade. I clearly remember when hovering the cursor over the agility attribute it said 8% swing speed increase, or was it 6% and is 8% the damage increase from Powerstrike? I think it was 6%. Maybe this was only in the old Mount&Blade that I actively played singeplayer.

EDIT: Yeah I checked it, ofcourse it wasn't 6% per agility point, that would be ridiculous. It was 0.5% increase in attack speed per agility point.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 11:10:10 pm by SgtTeeh »

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 19, 2011, 11:45:40 pm »
^^I think he is talking about Warband.

As soon as agi build wears enough armour to offer protection from arrows and horse bumps (and FF) they get slower, effectively nullifying the benefits of agility!
I stumbled upon this from Waltf4:
The following plot shows the run times for characters with different combinations of agility, athletics, and weight.
(click to show/hide)
Doesn't look like nullifiying to me.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 20, 2011, 12:29:12 am »
Because you are daft.

I saw that as well.. like 18 months ago. Regardless, if it was flatline you may have a point, as it is I question your ability to read a chart.
Alas nodachi
a tin can's hatchet.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 20, 2011, 12:48:10 am »
Because you are daft.
uh, I'm flattered.
I saw that as well.. like 18 months ago. Regardless, if it was flatline you may have a point, as it is I question your ability to read a chart.
you care to elaborate? You said with high armour the effect of athletics would be effectively nulllified. When i look at this chart it says me that the effect is not so great as with low weight but there is still a significant difference between low and high ath even with higher weight. What am I reading wrong?

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #245 on: October 20, 2011, 01:12:41 am »
Ok, there was a swing speed increase in Mount&Blade version 0.2x(called Warrider). They took it out at least starting from 0.808 but then forgot to change the Tooltip. But it has never been in Warband or even cRPG.

There are too many people on this forum making shit up. It's not even funny anymore. For information that has at least a small chance to be not utter crap I suggest to use some kind of whitelist with devs and maybe Waltf4 on it. Disregard stuff posted by the rest.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 20, 2011, 01:17:45 am »
Try adding the distance over time value, not just time.
~1.5 extra seconds penalty for 15 lbs weight does not seem to severe to you (27 agi 9ath character) ?
Consider also the hit to wpf (which seems mostly pointless, as the speed benefit from wpf is low) but as well as run speed that's an alleged decrease in weapon speed for wearing armour.
Alas nodachi
a tin can's hatchet.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #247 on: October 20, 2011, 01:30:57 am »
Ok, there was a swing speed increase in Mount&Blade version 0.2x(called Warrider). They took it out at least starting from 0.808 but then forgot to change the Tooltip. But it has never been in Warband or even cRPG.

There are too many people on this forum making shit up. It's not even funny anymore. For information that has at least a small chance to be not utter crap I suggest to use some kind of whitelist with devs and maybe Waltf4 on it. Disregard stuff posted by the rest.
Maybe devs add stuff to the wiki? If it was kept updated I would quote that everytime I was gonna talk about game mechanics. Maybe add in some formulas and stuff? Would be nice to get the exact formulas from the devs so we know for sure that they are right.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #248 on: October 20, 2011, 03:40:48 am »
^^I think he is talking about Warband.
I stumbled upon this from Waltf4:
The following plot shows the run times for characters with different combinations of agility, athletics, and weight.
(click to show/hide)
Doesn't look like nullifiying to me.
I'd talk about 'sprint mode', what Urist is talking about in this post, but due to the fact that TaleWorlds removed the beta thread section of their forums, his link is essentially broken and I don't remember exactly how it worked. Essentially though the point I was going to bring up with it, is that athletics doesn't really increase your max speed, it focuses more on increasing acceleration.

The problem I have with that graph, is that it's not focusing on situations where athletics would really matter in this discussion and athletics doesn't increase your maximum speed, at least I am quite sure it doesn't. So a long duration trial is rather pointless for this discussion. The graph shows a static velocity, rather than the acceleration. I'd rather see a graph showing distance traveled for a 2 second trial or time taken to move only a couple of meters. Such a graph would hold far more weight in this conversation than that one does.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 20, 2011, 05:41:04 am »
I'd talk about 'sprint mode', what Urist is talking about in this post, but due to the fact that TaleWorlds removed the beta thread section of their forums, his link is essentially broken and I don't remember exactly how it worked. Essentially though the point I was going to bring up with it, is that athletics doesn't really increase your max speed, it focuses more on increasing acceleration.

The problem I have with that graph, is that it's not focusing on situations where athletics would really matter in this discussion and athletics doesn't increase your maximum speed, at least I am quite sure it doesn't. So a long duration trial is rather pointless for this discussion. The graph shows a static velocity, rather than the acceleration. I'd rather see a graph showing distance traveled for a 2 second trial or time taken to move only a couple of meters. Such a graph would hold far more weight in this conversation than that one does.
^that would be very interesting to me to say the least

i would lovde it if a clan or something to the initiative  and made some STF's each being lets se 5str 5 agil with varying degrees of ath and seeing their speed on varying terrain and taped it for us .

i have no proof of this but imo i think terrain is a BIG killer to ath more so then armor. running into a tiny ark in the landscape kills my speed let alone when im on mountainsides back peddling is nowhere as near effective on a flat plain(that and the fucking mountain keeps deflecting my attacks  :rolleyes:)

i always hated it when im running through the battle field and when players have less ath are keeping pace with me
^i know that is possible i have caught many kiting archers and trolls because they hit some sort of bump in the field of battle wen its obvious they have FAR more ath then i do
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 20, 2011, 08:31:18 am »

yeah, it would good to have some data thats more relevant in close and group combat. The 'sprint mode' though only kicks in after a few seconds of no other action (block, ready attack) than running if i remember correctly. So this only important for full retreat.

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 20, 2011, 08:44:05 am »
yeah, it would good to have some data thats more relevant in close and group combat. The 'sprint mode' though only kicks in after a few seconds of no other action (block, ready attack) than running if i remember correctly. So this only important for full retreat.
ya but three seconds is usually enough for them to get you before you escape lol i know ive failed trying to run away from mobs.unless im in a advantageous position,they made an error or just dum luck its a pain to escape within striking range of the enemy
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 20, 2011, 09:45:54 am »
THERE WAS NEVER BONUS WEAPON SPEED FROM AGI.

Is there anything you get from just raising AGI? Run speed increase?

I also noticed there's a damage bonus just from raising STR, if the damage calculator is right.

15 STR, 30 weapon damage, 100 wpf, 0 PS
    * Minimum: 22
    * Average: 24.5
    * Maximum: 27

30 STR, 30 weapon damage, 100 wpf, 0 PS
    * Minimum: 25
    * Average: 27.5
    * Maximum: 30

Seems that this increase is linear and does not relate to wpf or PS.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 20, 2011, 09:55:45 am »
Is there anything you get from just raising AGI? Run speed increase?
There should definitely be something.

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #254 on: October 20, 2011, 10:03:10 am »
According to Wiki:
Agility
-Passive bonus: faster movement speed

If I remember correctly, there was some guy who did some testing (I think his nick is Walt) his tests showed that one agility point increases movement speed for about 1,5%, but as I said I 'm not sure about it, especially about percentage.