Author Topic: fair cav behavior on battle servers  (Read 25146 times)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
Re: fair cav behavior on battle servers
« Reply #315 on: July 05, 2012, 10:45:40 pm »
I absolutely love spawning late and fighting cav,  specially when I'm on foot.  The thing I hate is drinking a sip before moving at spawn and being couched.  or even being couched the millisecond I spawned.  the fuck ^^
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tizzango

• Earl
  • Renown: 406
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 05, 2012, 10:54:41 pm »
Cav... fair?  Fair.. cav?

These two words in the same sentence?!!?

I joke.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Rheinhardt

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 06, 2012, 07:42:14 am »
+2
As a cav player...

Slaughter the peasants, burn the village,
carry off the women, and drink their tears.

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 06, 2012, 09:26:31 am »
Slaughter the peasants, burn the village,
carry off the women, and drink their tears.

Turn down the women,  use the pesants tears as lubricant to rape their cows (but not at spawn!).  And buy a nice condo in tulga,  city of hairy wenches.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes

Offline Rheinhardt

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 06, 2012, 12:17:03 pm »
Who said anything about rape you sick fuck?! I was going to have them do the dishes!

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 06, 2012, 12:38:59 pm »
Who said anything about rape you sick fuck?! I was going to have them do the dishes!

I literally meant cows. I could have said chicken as well. or,  lamas.

Offline Rheinhardt

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 06, 2012, 01:13:09 pm »
I literally meant cows. I could have said chicken as well. or,  lamas.

If you suffer from lustful urges around enormous fat unwashed bovines who spend their day covered in flies and standing in their own feces, you've got far more serious issues than I'll help talk you through.

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • Renown: 494
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter_IdZo
  • IRC nick: IdZo Steam Nick: Deja3n9
« Reply #322 on: July 12, 2012, 08:51:36 pm »
Bump for Torby.

Read first post again guys.
Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #323 on: July 12, 2012, 09:04:32 pm »
Actually... this reply is way more interesting.

Kinda gives you an insight in the mind of a GK. Funny how the exact same behaviour is still on display every single day on EU1.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Kerrigan

• Knight
  • Renown: 71
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • WTF
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Kerrigan
« Reply #324 on: July 12, 2012, 10:11:53 pm »
I have to say, Torben, that it was quite strange to see you rushing for the enemy spawn, couching people on EU1 last night.

You were kind of contradicting your own thread by your actions there  :mrgreen:

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 12, 2012, 10:25:41 pm »
I have to say, Torben, that it was quite strange to see you rushing for the enemy spawn, couching people on EU1 last night.

You were kind of contradicting your own thread by your actions there  :mrgreen:

my first point does not seem to be clear to you -.-
its about not attacking people that aren't in game yet,  no matter why. I did not attack motionless people at spawn. I do however,  often pass the spawn,  without attacking afks there though.
if they are on their way however,  its of course up to them and their awareness.

-stop killing people that havent moved on their spawn.  dont matter if afk or what ever,  if they havent moved yet,  just let them be.

dont see a contradiction.

Offline Kerrigan

• Knight
  • Renown: 71
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • WTF
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Kerrigan
« Reply #326 on: July 12, 2012, 11:08:04 pm »
+1
my first point does not seem to be clear to you -.-
its about not attacking people that aren't in game yet,  no matter why. I did not attack motionless people at spawn. I do however,  often pass the spawn,  without attacking afks there though.
if they are on their way however,  its of course up to them and their awareness.

dont see a contradiction.
Well, there's a thin line there. So you do think it's okay to just rush spawn straight away and kill the ones that move? It's not against the server rules, that is true but I think that is what the majority of people are complaining about. Spawnraping in general, not just killing afk's. And I understand that infantry hates it. You spawn a bit late(maybe because of a shit pc or downloading the map, or even just because you were taking a poop) and you are surrounded by cav. But the person has moved; so for you, Torben, it would be fine to kill them because he moved. (Spawning late is not always the person's foult) However it is indeed the person's foult if they are unaware when spawning and running towards the main fight. It's a difficult thing to adress and I applaud you for trying to improve cav's reputation. If I happen to ride past enemy spawn at 6.10 and I see for example tin can Vincent_Ruth just spawning with his flamberge running unaware towards the infantry fight, then yeah I'm also like fuck I could just couch him and help my team a whole lot because he can kill a lot of my teammates. It's like the damn scene in Saving Private Ryan where they let the German go and later he pops up again to kill them. These days I like to stay around my team's spawn and defend late spawners. Cav do not expect much resistance at the enemy spawn. So that's fun.

But yeah if you really want to improve cav reputation then I think spawnraping is the thing you should get at. Because thats what people are whining about. I try to tell my clanmates that spawnraping does not make you a good horseman for it takes minimal skill. Because you know people will be unaware and surrounded. But if my clanmates still decide to spawnrape then who am I to forbid them?

The only solution I can think of to stop spawnraping is making everybody invulnerable for the first minute of a round, except for horses. But that would also bring problems and weird situations.

Or infantry could stop complaining, be more aware and otherwise take it like a man, that would be fine aswell :P

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #327 on: July 12, 2012, 11:11:40 pm »
Picking off stragglers (Non-peasant)  is more fun than AFKs

Offline masasa

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_masasa
« Reply #328 on: July 12, 2012, 11:42:02 pm »
Actually... this reply is way more interesting.

Kinda gives you an insight in the mind of a GK. Funny how the exact same behaviour is still on display every single day on EU1.

I still stand by that, although I wouldn't use the same tone I did, but I guess Torbens condescending tone made me do it. I don't see anything wrong with attacking enemy spawn. Most of the time it will get you killed during the first minute of the match, but sometimes you can take out people who lag behind and not pay any attention because they think enemy is far away and they are safe. And if someone is "special" enough to press the spawn button and then thinks "time to go afk", I don't see why they should be let alone? Sometimes real life things force you to go afk but it is stupid to blame other players if you die because of it. Nowadays there are so many ranged, anti-cav inf and fake afk people that going to enemy spawn is usually a bad idea and you will do much better in terms of k/d ratio if you just stay with your inf and wait for infantry clash (at least as a 1h/cav). I still often do it because it is boring to wait 2 minutes for the infantry to clash.

Second point was "rushing to melee when not needed". I go for easy kills when possible and most of the time it means enemy inf that is clashing with friendly inf. You should be careful when doing it but since infantry moves so fast with no inertia you sometimes end up hurting friendlies even if you try your best to  not do this. It doesn't help that cav maneuverability has been nerfed. Also it doesn't help that many infantry players refuse to work together with cav and prefers dacing around the enemy instead of backbedaling and letting friendly cav knock down the enemy. I agree that it is usually dumb idea to try to kill single enemy that is being attacked by 3 friendlies, but everything is situational.

I agree cav should be careful at the spawns, but sometimes people spawn under you or run under you so shit happens but no one rarely takes any damage. I see this being very small problem nowadays.

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #329 on: July 13, 2012, 12:35:14 am »
If someone's AFK, kill them.  I don't think you ever seen an infantry hold back on an AFKer.  As a thrower/1 hand, I usually wait at the first spawn for everyone to appear.  It is amazing how long it actually takes.  Still, cav is a rarity.  People slowly catch on to shit, and as Masasa noticed, spawn points aren't safe for cav anymore.

I rarely get run over anymore, not like several months ago when your common infantry felt like a pinball.  The only time I get driven over by friendly cav is in village maps coming around corners, and then I'm usually just happy that it was a friendly and not an enemy, because I obviously wasn't being careful.