Is melee infantry ruining your fun?

Yes
133 (28.8%)
No
131 (28.4%)
I play as Melee Infantry
198 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 461

Author Topic: Is melee infantry ruining your fun? (poll)  (Read 12365 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Is melee infantry ruining your fun? (poll)
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2011, 09:06:36 pm »
i don't get it.
why the hell now butthurt people (mostly infantry) keep feeding the hate without just fuc*in chill a second?

I dunno... I just don't know. Every day there is a new post about infantry hating cav or range... feels bad bro... feels bad.  :cry:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2011, 09:07:59 pm »
+1
Oh god. I do this one more time - then I'm done.

The reason that you see more inf whining than ranged doing so is because ranged screw over inf with their playstyle, what my first post explained.

The second thing I said was that whiners suck - WETHER ranged or inf. I don't care. YES there are whiners from every class - YOU included as soon as someone brings up the topic of HA nerfing.

In short: More melee whiners because ranged are annoying to melee; all whiners suck.

There you have it - preschool level.

And I will do this one more time. You pretty much just outlined my argument.

I whine about my own class being nerfed in order to try and stop it. Just as a lot of cav/ranged does. They don't whine about inf killing them, which happens a lot. I could whine about guys in xbows in heavy armour, or 2h lolstabs, or all pole arms stopping my horse. But I don't see many threads dedicated to just that. Mostly the occasional mention in other threads usually to do with their own nerfs.

Inf whine about other classes killing them and so those other classes should be nerfed and they make 1000's (obvious exaggeration) of threads about it.

See the difference?

Quick Edit:

I know you are arguing that all whiners suck regardless. I get that. But I was just outlining the difference between the two sets of whines.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 09:13:27 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2011, 09:17:52 pm »
+1
And I will do this one more time. You pretty much just outlined my argument.

I whine about my own class being nerfed in order to try and stop it. Just as a lot of cav/ranged does. They don't whine about inf killing them, which happens a lot. I could whine about guys in xbows in heavy armour, or 2h lolstabs, or all pole arms stopping my horse. But I don't see many threads dedicated to just that. Mostly the occasional mention in other threads usually to do with their own nerfs.

Inf whine about other classes killing them and so those other classes should be nerfed and they make 1000's (obvious exaggeration) of threads about it.

See the difference?

In short: More melee whiners because ranged are annoying to melee; all whiners suck.

THIS is the point I'm trying to make.

I hope you're trolling.

I explained the situation and why things are like they are. If you're going to make a difference between whiner and whiner - then I just think that's idiotic and there's no point arguing with you.

You're making a huge generalization in saying that "inf whine about blablabla". No, not all do - we have a few idiots who whine about things without backing it up, but then whiner=whiner and they're all idiots.

Saying that one class is composed out of whiners is just stupid, but I hope you realized that yourself.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 09:23:30 pm by Dezilagel »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2011, 09:18:06 pm »
See my edit.

Though I will say, there are plenty of classes that are annoying to cav. But we don't make threads about it anywhere near as much.

So I don't see that as an excuse.

Edit:

Anyway Dezilagel...I don't like arguing with you because you are one of the few inf I actually respect and am happy to clime down off my horse to attempt to duel. So I'll leave it at that.

And just to finish:
You're making a huge generalization in saying that "inf whine about blablabla". No, not all do - we have a few idiots who whine about things without backing it up, but then whiner=whiner and they're all idiots.

Saying that one class is composed out of whiners is just stupid, but I hope you realized that yourself.

I originally didn't say all inf. I said a few elitist inf and quite often the same guys over and over making those threads, so by saying inf, those are the people I mean. But the point being they kick up such a fuss about it that more and more people come on to join in the argument regardless. And then cav/ranged have to bitterly fight their corner in order to make a point.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 09:27:46 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2011, 09:27:35 pm »
+2
See my edit.

Though I will say, there are plenty of classes that are annoying to cav. But we don't make threads about it anywhere near as much.

So I don't see that as an excuse.

Edit:

Anyway Dezilagel...I don't like arguing with you because you are one of the few inf I actually respect and am happy to clime down off my horse to attempt to duel. So I'll leave it at that.
'

Fine, but I never said it was an "excuse", i merely explained why things are like they are, hinting that we should strive to make ranged gameplay less annoying without nerfing them. (I've been vouching for the removal of jump-shot and roofcamping because it's annoying, and I think archers should be given access to better melee weps to compensate - more 0 and 1-slot weps.)

« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 09:31:30 pm by Dezilagel »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2011, 09:36:23 pm »
Fine, but I never said it was an "excuse", i merely explained why things are like they are, hinting that we should strive to make ranged gameplay less annoying without nerfing them. (I've been vouching for the removal of jump-shot and roofcamping because it's annoying, and I think archers should be given access to better melee weps to compensate - more 0 and 1-slot weps.)

And sensible suggestions are fine and good. But many nerf threads aren't sensible at all and are usually in rage. Fortunately with that -/+ system we can now hide posts so it's clear if they are daft. But removing such things has to have a lot of consideration because things aren't necessarily clear cut. But yeah...I have no problem with such suggestions as you said.

Example of the cav nerf is that many have said that a sweeping horse nerf won't work, yet tons argued for it. The nerf they introduced was to harsh so many cav struggled, just as predicted by many. Then they near enough reverted it back. And now I think it's obvious that rather than nerfing horses, it should be taken by lancer/1h/HA and deal with them individually.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 09:38:15 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2011, 09:44:51 pm »
+1
Free speech man - everyone's got to have a chance to express their opinion, however stupid.

That's why you got to dig down into the problem, what's causing these unreasonable nerf threads?

For ranged - I think it's because they are annoying to face on the battlefield, causing a lot of "rage" and thus leading to ppl whining on the forums. If we'd make ranged less annoying (NOT synomous with less powerful!), then we'd have less "raging" ppl playing and less unreasonable nerf threads to deal with. And an overall better mod imo.

Offline Largg

• Earl
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2011, 09:47:42 pm »
+2
I feel the pepper&salt of this game is melee play. The way it works is just miraculous to me. The first time I found mb:warband and a siege server with almost 200 players I was almost in tears how awesome the game was. The ping was great and game mechanics worked as in single player, before that I seriously thought it was impossible for servers to handle.

I've played few generations as archer and returned back to melee. Archery is quite fun but there's nothing to compare with melee's fun and eccentricity. Honestly feel that there are other games that can make archery as well or better but there's no game that can do melee as well as mb.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2011, 09:49:48 pm »
+1
I don't mind melee infantry. I kill them in droves as a cavalry player, so my fun is actually enhanced by their presence.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2011, 09:50:21 pm »
Free speech man - everyone's got to have a chance to express their opinion, however stupid.

That's why you got to dig down into the problem, what's causing these unreasonable nerf threads?

For ranged - I think it's because they are annoying to face on the battlefield, causing a lot of "rage" and thus leading to ppl whining on the forums. If we'd make ranged less annoying (NOT synomous with less powerful!), then we'd have less "raging" ppl playing and less unreasonable nerf threads to deal with. And an overall better mod imo.

I can understand they are annoying. HA as well for instance. I've been getting so pissed off with xbows recently (guys in heavy armour shooting perfectly and have 2h weapons) that I just troll them. Don't even bother shooting them sometimes but just bump them over and over until someone else comes to kill them. I'm sure they get as annoyed with me as I do them. But such instances would be reduced if things were dealt with more sensibly.

I actually liked the HA nerf for instance (many didn't). But it means that as a dedicated accuracy HA, I'm still relatively accurate. But there are far fewer other HA around because they got punished for being hybrid type builds. Now there are really only dedicated HA out there. A few I know are experimenting with builds but it's made it a lot nicer to play. The devs dealt with that one sensibly I think.

Regardless, it's a careful balancing act. But your kinda thinking there should be applied by every one.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 09:51:59 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2011, 09:56:58 pm »
Don't even bother shooting them sometimes but just bump them over and over until someone else comes to kill them.

bundle of sticks indeed.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2011, 09:58:07 pm »
bundle of sticks indeed.

Hey if I get one shotted by a guy in full armour using a crossbow at ridiculous ranges/angles, who also has a big arse sword as back up, then I'm going to make it my imperative to make them useless.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2011, 10:03:06 pm »
+1
Hey if I get one shotted by a guy in full armour using a crossbow at ridiculous ranges/angles, who also has a big arse sword as back up, then I'm going to make it my imperative to make them useless.

Besides the point.
Hey, if I can't use land to make a profit because villagers in some third world country won't sell it to me, then poisoning their water supply, or burning them out are viable choices as well.

Still makes me a bundle of sticks for doing it though.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2011, 10:05:51 pm »
Besides the point.
Hey, if I can't use land to make a profit because villagers in some third world country won't sell it to me, then poisoning their water supply, or burning them out are viable choices as well.

Still makes me a bundle of sticks for doing it though.

Well I did say I was trolling them out of anger more than anything. If that makes me a bundle of sticks. Then so be it.

Offline Gildiss

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Goldline.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2011, 10:13:07 pm »
+3
This thread has more posts, thus, melee infantry are indeed ruining this game and the fun contained within.