Author Topic: Polearms....  (Read 6373 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Polearms....
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2011, 03:43:22 pm »
+1
Polearms are fine...

The stagger can be annoying, but hardly more than a minor annoyance at best. (Well it can be more than that when caused by a longspear but that's another story..)

I think it'd be nice if it took like 1 more hit to break the average shield from the bonus vs shield polearms, but... shielders get immunity from ranged when facing them, stands to reason the shields have a weakness (note: shields, not shieldERS, if you don't crutch on your shield you can put it on your back and fight the polearm d00ds without it). Still, 1 more hit! So it'd be like 4 instead of 3!
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2011, 03:44:19 pm »
Inertia is not a value you overcome, it is more a reduction to the possible rate of swinging.

Yes, I know.

You're not taking into account ... if it's [even] being swung at highest possible speed

:wink:

Edited this post to be more clear - I meant the other way around. (ofc)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 03:58:49 pm by Dezilagel »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: Quant, Quantum
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2011, 03:47:59 pm »
+1
Edited my post so it makes more sense, it is a direct operator, so swinging at the highest possible speed will still have the same reducing factor. Ah yes that now makes sense, but I guess theres no reason to balance based on how bothered the person is swinging. That seems a bit strange. Still I don't support a realistic model for weapon speeds since it's too much of a nerf for longer weapons. A speed system based on weapon weight, and length would be nice.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 04:01:54 pm by CaptainQuantum »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2011, 04:03:51 pm »
I don't know how exactly they manage to do that, but I've seen Candiru and Phyrex doing a thrust, being blocked then immediatly swing again with 0 recovery time.

All axe-like weapons should be unbalanced. I'm sick of carbon poleaxes  :mrgreen:

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2011, 04:07:04 pm »
+1
I shall have to ask Phyrex how he does that, the block stun issue for me is crippling.
That is all I wanted for the GLA a return of the unbalanced trait, I never had a problem with those axes being underpowered in native against similar/same weapons as are in crpg.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 04:11:18 pm by CaptainQuantum »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2011, 04:07:21 pm »
I don't know how exactly they manage to do that, but I've seen Candiru and Phyrex doing a thrust, being blocked then immediatly swing again with 0 recovery time.
Not possible. The thrust needs to bounce to do that, and it's a very... specific bounce. Needs to be at facehug distance and done just the right way for it to work.

If it gets blocked it doesn't work.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2011, 04:09:20 pm »
+1
That is as I thought, the stun on stabs has been longer than swings since native, reducing the stab animation speed multiplies the recovery time.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2011, 04:21:43 pm »
Two polerams needs a look at, long spear and glaive (maybe poleaxe stab - a point or two), otherwise it's not nearly as game breaking as some 22nd members here seem to write. And I expect you to start behaving normal again Jambi...

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2011, 04:25:23 pm »
And I expect you to start behaving normal again Jambi...

Siiem da boss now?

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2011, 04:26:02 pm »
The glaive was my main issue, GLA seems a bit strange to have no unbalanced trait but the glaive is horrible.

Whoever tells me is boss IS boss after looking at your avatar.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 04:29:17 pm by CaptainQuantum »

Offline Alexander_TheGreat_

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
  • Please, its just a Phase in my life
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar(F)union
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2011, 07:10:33 pm »
Who buffed the great long axe???
Its now the ultimate noob weapon.

1. Polestun
2. Great long axe animation is very fast

Come on, its not that hard to get rid of the polestun, you only have to change the value.

If you fight up a hill and hit the ground are you totally fucked. REMOVE IT, cRPG is dying now...... R.I.P
I never join a clan twice, I am the most loyal player ever
I am asian I am strong
I am a Kalmar for these 2 weeks
I am cute, I am sexy
I am Phase!

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2011, 11:37:23 pm »
GLA does not need nerf, it is very short and pretty slow.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2011, 01:56:32 pm »
I just made an STF polearmer, using a scythe and peasant gear I was managing to get a 1:1 ratio by backpedalling a little, this was against some very good players without any previous training in polearms. If polearms aren't OP I don't know what is.

I am told weapons are balanced by the percentage kills by the community, which is stupid, since pole's best is Dezilagel and no offence to Dezi but his skills don't stand up to the likes of Bjord, Phyrex or Harlequeer Harlequin. Get rid of polestun, stop being "lazy" and balance by checking stats against stats, not by numbers of kills since 2handers have a much higher percentage of their players who know what they are doing.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 02:24:08 pm by CaptainQuantum »

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2011, 02:36:22 pm »
I just made an STF polearmer, using a scythe and peasant gear I was managing to get a 1:1 ratio by backpedalling a little, this was against some very good players without any previous training in polearms. If polearms aren't OP I don't know what is.

I am told weapons are balanced by the percentage kills by the community, which is stupid, since pole's best is Dezilagel and no offence to Dezi but his skills don't stand up to the likes of Bjord, Phyrex or Harlequeer Harlequin. Get rid of polestun, stop being "lazy" and balance by checking stats against stats, not by numbers of kills since 2handers have a much higher percentage of their players who know what they are doing.

Best polearm inf is muffin for sure, on battlefield he is a lot better then all these dualing nerds. :)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2011, 02:47:11 pm »

I am told weapons are balanced by the percentage kills by the community, which is stupid, since pole's best is Dezilagel and no offence to Dezi but his skills don't stand up to the likes of Bjord, Phyrex or Harlequeer Harlequin. Get rid of polestun, stop being "lazy" and balance by checking stats against stats, not by numbers of kills since 2handers have a much higher percentile of their players who know what they are doing.

That's precisely what's flawed in the usual 2h logic. You are not "more skilled" than the best polearmers. Why ? Because you can't compare apples and oranges. You could be the best 2h in the world, but even if you always kill the most skilled shortened spear peasant in duel, that doesn't make you "more skilled" in 2h than him in shortened spear, see what I mean ?

Moreover, at those levels the successes and defeats against other similarly skilled people are completely inconsistent. I can't tell who's best between (e.g.) Harlequin and Phyrex simply because they both can win the duel and the outcome will depend on very variable things like their mood, concentration, etc.